• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kameo content imminent

Gigglepoo

From Rareware.com:

"There's some brand new and, if we may say so, pretty damn action-packed Kameo DLC coming soon to Xbox Live Marketplace. The Power Pack contains not just new achievements and leaderboards but three entire gameplay modes, as follows:

Expert Mode ups the challenge of six carefully chosen levels, each revamped until it's ready to kick your arse all over again. Open for both solo and co-op play, complete with a spanking new set of Armour skins for all the Elemental Warriors.

Time Attack Mode pits you against an unforgiving clock but lets you team up with another player (via split-screen, System Link or Xbox Live) to help tip the odds back towards you, if not by much. The pressure's on, fools! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs! Speaking of which...

Rune Battle Mode is co-op as you've never played it. For a start, you're fighting against rather than alongside the other player. You've also got Trolls to deal with as you struggle like a mentalist to hoard the most Runes. This one’s for those of you who said the game didn't have enough collecting in it.

We will of course let you know when the new pack is available to download, but there's no harm in keeping an eye on kameo.com too (even if the Power Pack doesn’t tickle your fancy, there's an announcement imminent for the Design Your Own Skin winners)…"

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
you co-operate on **** i dont know dont download this shit people, youre only egging them on.

Nozi

Banned
Sounds good.. Kameo was a severely underrated launch title which was a little short, this will give me reason to fire it up again.

Oxymoron

Gigglepoo said:
Rune Battle Mode is co-op as you've never played it. For a start, you're fighting against rather than alongside the other player. You've also got Trolls to deal with as you struggle like a mentalist to hoard the most Runes. This one’s for those of you who said the game didn't have enough collecting in it.
That sounds like co-op exactly as I've played it in Four Swords Adventures.

Gigglepoo

LakeEarth said:
How do they keep throwing out these new achievements? It already = 1000 points when it first came out.

Does any other game have more than 1000 Achievements? Has any other game added new playmodes like this? I know there have been new maps, but maybe new modes means more points as well.

svenuce

I actually loved Kameo... I hadn't played it since about a month after launch (finished it) but I had my sister out visiting and we took a stab at the co-op. We played and finished every Co-op level via split screen. It was a good time.

I'm definitely looking forward to more.

raYne

Jesus they put out a lot of stuff for this game.

LakeEarth said:
How do they keep throwing out these new achievements? It already = 1000 points when it first came out.
None of the new stuff adds achievement points, they just add more achievements. Same as the first set of extras.. the Live co-op achievements.

1000 is still the max for retail games.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Reminds me that I still have to buy Kameo - it still looks and plays amazing to this day, even though it was a launch title...

The Design Your Own Skin pack seems to be the one to look out for... they've told winners not to talk about their entries that they've won though, trying their best to keep them secret it seems.

Orodreth

Gigglepoo said:
You've also got Trolls to deal with as you struggle like a mentalist to hoard the most Runes. This one’s for those of you who said the game didn't have enough collecting in it.

:lol

I´m getting this pack unless its too much mspoints.

sangreal

I thought I liked Kameo, but since beating it I haven't gone back to play it at all. Maybe this pack will revive my interest, but I doubt it.

Gigglepoo

Orodreth said:
:lol

I´m getting this pack unless its too much mspoints.

Since the game can be had for $20 at a lot of places now, I can't imagine this will run more than 400 points. I don't own this game yet, but I played through most of it with my friend on his Xbox 360. It's things like this that will force me to buy it eventually.

KCbandit

Banned
I think everyone calling this game crap should have to link to their gamertag. Everyone I know that actually PLAYED this game liked/loved it.

I loved it but it was a bit short.

Fusebox

Banned
aku:jiki said:
How, exactly, is that "co-operative"?

Sounds like you both co-operate to advance through the level, but on the way you compete to get the most kills/runes.

Kameo was brilliant for a launch title btw, I might even consider getting this new content.

Chris_C

Nozi said:
Sounds good.. Kameo was a severely underrated launch title which was a little short, this will give me reason to fire it up again.

I was going to rent it from Gamefly, but after experiencing Perfect Dark Zero's attrocious level design, I've had second thoughts...

KCbandit

Banned
Fusebox said:
Kameo was brilliant for a launch title btw

It was, I find people who knee jerk 'hate' Kameo have never played it. And in fact MOST LIKELY don't own X360's. It's a great game with tons of great action, the level design is EXCELLENT and the puzzles are good as well. And it is technically briliiant, ESPECIALLY considering it came out day 1.

Gigglepoo

Chris_C said:
I was going to rent it from Gamefly, but after experiencing Perfect Dark Zero's attrocious level design, I've had second thoughts...

Completely different development teams. Completely different games. It's been said before, but the fantasic score is reason enough to play Kameo.

Orodreth

Gigglepoo said:
Since the game can be had for $20 at a lot of places now, I can't imagine this will run more than 400 points.

PDZ maps are already 500. I hope it doesnt get higher than that.

Gigglepoo said:
It's been said before, but the fantasic score is reason enough to play Kameo.

Yep, fantastic soundtrack better even than others from recent fantasy movies.

Regarding length of the game, between the story line, getting all the fruits, A grade achievements and the coop patch i´ve been already playing for like 25-30 hours. May be i´m really slow playing.

Gigglepoo

Isn't there some sort of rule where we get to keep Junior Members in a cage for a while if they can't behave themselves? Kameo is a really cool game, who wouldn't want more content for a title they like? I wish more companies would offer downloads months after release rather than plug them into an uninspired sequel and expect us to shell out $50 for them.

KCbandit

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Isn't there some sort of rule where we get to keep Junior Members in a cage for a while if they can't behave themselves? Kameo is a really cool game, who wouldn't want more content for a title they like? I wish more companies would offer downloads months after release rather than plug them into an uninspired sequel and expect us to shell out $50 for them.

Agreed. This game gets a lot of hate from junior members and administration alike. Too bad they never played it.

Gigglepoo

LakeEarth said:

I just realized that Kameo has quite a few Achievements that earn Zero points, it's just a pride thing. Most of them fall under the "Get an A rating" category, which is quite hard. I assume that the new Achievements will be along this path, with a tough goal that doesn't reward you with actual points.

BTW - If anyone feels like playing some online Kameo, my name is Gigglepoo

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Gigglepoo said:
Since the game can be had for $20 at a lot of places now, I can't imagine this will run more than 400 points...

Where my good man, can I purchase this game for $20?

Gigglepoo

If anyone is still interested, Rare released the Kameo Power Pack yesterday. Sadly, it does cost 400 Marketplace points, but at least it's not a full-on rape gouge like other (*Cough* GRAW) updates.

Orodreth

I got it yesterday. In Expert, all characters have new armor skins, and all levels seem to appear flipped horizontally. There are new enemies and you can use all warriors from the beginning.

There are also lots of new achievements ( 0 points i suppose ) i havent checked yet.

The coop - deathmatch arena was as empty as a desert, though :(

IJoel

Gigglepoo said:
So you actually think it's a bad idea to add content 10 months after a game comes out?

No. I think it's bad idea to not release said content much earlier. People have moved onto other games 10 months later, and few would return to it. The fact that it's not free, makes it even harder to get back to it.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm tempted for the higher difficulty level but this would be the first add-on microtransaction that I've bought; all the others were Arcade titles. The thought of spending the points makes me feel dirty on the inside...

Top Bottom