• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts 3 Footage shown at KH 2.5 NA Launch Event!

Kinsei

Banned
Land of departure?

Wait... am i... missing something... or something....

isn't Land of departure
castle oblivion
?

Why would... that even be a test are if anything....

Most likely this is after Sora and co.
save Aqua from the realm of darkness and she restores the the world to its former glory.

Famassu

Land of departure?

Wait... am i... missing something... or something....

isn't Land of departure
castle oblivion
?

Why would... that even be a test are if anything....
Yes, and in Dream Drop Distance they made it fairly obvious that it would need to be turned back for what they had planned for when they'd finally go against the big bad(s) of KHIII.

Murkrow

Banned
I actually hoped for something like this.

Dissidia-Revolver.png

chadboban

Since the description sounds like raw, work in progress footage, I am not sure if they will show it in events like TGA or PSX...

I said the same thing about that footage they showed at D23 expo in Japan, but then they released the video like a day later.

Famassu

Since the description sounds like raw, work in progress footage, I am not sure if they will show it in events like TGA or PSX...

They just might. This isn't ye olde Secret Mega Theater You're Never Seeing ANYTHING Square Enix. They might show it as a part of the game awards or PlayStation Experience. Or they could at least release the footage for us Interwebz people by simply putting it up to Youtube sometime in the next few days.

I hope to God it's not like DDD I didn't like that new system as much, yeah it was fun but I just want KH2 combat with a few Tweaks.

Mailbox

Yes, and in Dream Drop Distance they made it fairly obvious that it would need to be turned back for what they had planned for when they'd finally go against the big bad(s) of KHIII.

Which pretty much confirms that
Aqua gets out of the realm of darkness

huh... was kinda hoping nothing would get spoiled or slightly spoiled. They did a pretty good job of it for kh DDD, but....

uhhhh... oh well.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Most likely this is after Sora and co.
save Aqua from the realm of darkness and she restores the the world to its former glory.
Did this happen somewhere, or is it just what people expect to happen? Because it seems really important.

Famassu

Did this happen somewhere, or is it just what people expect to happen? Because it seems really important.
It didn't happen yet, but it's what Sora was implied to have to do in ReCoded and furthermore confirmed in Dream Drop Distance. It was expected, though of course not that some of the very first footage of the game to show it has already happened.

Famassu

Flow Motion. I don't know, I didn't enjoy it as much.

Command Deck was good i got used to it in BBS
KHIII will be closer to KHII than BBS & DDD, in some ways, according to Nomura. What they've done in & learned from BBS/DDD/ReCoded will have some influence on KHIII, but overall the game should return to something that is a bit more KHII than BBS. Command deck is presumably gone completely or at least added into the game differently, and some of Sora's traversal abilities from flowmotion might carry over, but they'll probably make changes to it as well.

Since Sora is still in his KH2 outfit for this new footage, I'm betting that him in the Land of Departure is just for testing purposes. And Gun Keyblade doesn't sound too weird after seeing all the bullshit Lingering Will can do in KH2 Final Mix.

Namikaze

There was a launch event? I had no idea lol, where was it? Hopefully we get to see the trailer soon (I doubt it).

LAA

It's what is expected to happen.

This video still gives me the chills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yE4WEyFlK0

Yeah damn. I'm still in shock from that announcement ha ha. I was thinking, KH3?! Nah it can't be! It must be 2.5 or something! Hmm this doesn't look familiar.. A spin off probably?! ...NO WAY! *faints*

I'm way too eager to see footage of this. Just a screen shot, somebody! By saying "more info in 2015" guess this means no more KH3 stuff this year...? Maybe even KH in general?

RPGCrazied

Yeah damn. I'm still in shock from that announcement ha ha. I was thinking, KH3?! Nah it can't be! It must be 2.5 or something! Hmm this doesn't look familiar.. A spin off probably?! ...NO WAY! *faints*

I'm way too eager to see footage of this. Just a screen shot, somebody! By saying "more info in 2015" guess this means no more KH3 stuff this year...? Maybe even KH in general?

Probably just KH 3. I sure would like to know DDD's fate by end of the year. Like what consoles, how its going to get released and all that. You know an HD remake is coming.

LAA

Probably just KH 3. I sure would like to know DDD's fate by end of the year. Like what consoles, how its going to get released and all that. You know an HD remake is coming.

Yup. Pretty much confirmed.
Now just imagine it being announced for iOS... ha ha.

I honestly don't expect to see anything of KH3 before E3 next year. Seems to me that development is still to early for anything concrete to show.

Flow Motion. I don't know, I didn't enjoy it as much.

Command Deck was good i got used to it in BBS

Best Command Deck variation is Re:Coded's version easily.
Re:Coded also has the best leveling system and combat gimmick with Overdrive and Keyblade skills. They should really bring those over for KH3 in some way.

Top Bottom