• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts 3 video from Japan's D23 Expo

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The art/visual style is cool. Seems like the gameplay will be... Idk... I did not like what I saw in the second and third parts of that so-called trailer.

Qvoth

Animation looks pretty choppy/geometry looks rudimentary.

Boss fight is one giant QTE?

Art style is nice at least... I'll give it a pass since it's so early. Excited nonetheless!
The whole rock giant thing is most probably the boss intro

Eh... wasn't the most exciting to see but it's still got a long ways to go.

Not sure how I feel about those overly large attraction abilities.

Milennia

Where are the toy story guns... Those dont resemble anything like toy story, nothing in the trailer did as far as i can tell... Unless i just missed something, ive already watched it 3 times.

doemaaan

It looks like Sora has wider range of control when tossing the keyblade out now. Still can't get over the Keyguns. Is that what we should call them??

kayos90

Exactly. People seem to be forgetting this isn't indicative of the final product. Seems like they're just trying things out to see what works.

Uh... it's not trying out. This is what they're aiming for. Period. If people don't like the visual style then well... lol.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Looking good. Interested to see what their new outfits are gonna look like.

Squire

Banned
Looks like KHII in HD which is fine to start. Park ride powers are a cool idea. They look cool, but I worry they'll be mash-fests with the appeal being all visual.

Banzai

That train attack is pretty lame. I think I'm gonna use these attraction abilites just as often as summons in previous games. Rarely.

Definitely like everything else i saw, though.

Shinta

Banned
The train sequence really reminds me of the leviathan battle in XV when he's swinging on shit with explosions everywhere.

I think both games will have some big spectacle sections and gigantic bosses. Pretty interesting!

Famassu

The other thread was closed so..

He should've been doing that like 5 years ago.
He didn't want to. He actually WANTED to tell the stories of BBS, Days, DDD and, yes, even Coded, before moving on to KHIII. He has said that each of those games serve a purpose in telling about some period of time in certain characters' lives. BBS is the Origins story, Days shows more of the Organization XIII operations & what exactly happened with Roxas during the year Sora was asleep, Coded's story shows what happened after KHII's main story that prompted Mickey to send that surprising message in the bottle to Sora at the end of KHII (yeah, they really didn't need a whole game for that, but they did it anyway) and Dream Drop Distance is the set-up/preparation game that leads straight into KHIII.

And 5 years ago he was still of the opinion that the OG KH Team that is working on FFXV would develop KHIII once FFXV is done. Since then, things have changed. FFXV was moved to next-gen (and thus delayed finishing FFXV's development even further away into the future) and Osaka Team has proved to be a very competent team at handling Kingdom Hearts. The latter part means that Nomura doesn't consider the OG KH Team as the (active) main KH Team anymore, but has given that honor to the Osaka Team and, with that, has fully trusted the development of KHIII to them. 5 years ago he wouldn't have done that, but would have insisted he'd need to finish FFXV so that the OG KH Team would be free to develop KHIII.

Scott667

Looks cool, but seeing some of the heartless (forget the name. Large Bodies?) makes me realise that replaying the series through the HD versions is going to annoy me. The colour scheme is just going to keep changing throughout the chronology of the series! It'll probably never happen, but this makes me hope Square makes a 'Heartless Colour Option' patch.

Vire

I'm not going to complain too much, because I rather Square show us early footage than none at all.

Animation looks pretty choppy/geometry looks rudimentary.

Boss fight is one giant QTE?

Art style is nice at least... I'll give it a pass since it's so early. Excited nonetheless!
Well, it's not actual gameplay. Now while Nomura assures us this is all playable, this is still simulated. Of course, it's going to look the way it does; there isn't a actual human being playing the footage.

EDIT: The Train Sequence looks more on-rail like than a QTE.

libregkd

I'm absolutely adoring the art style of the game. The Rock Titan section in particular looked really good. Can't really say anything about the gameplay besides that it certainly looks like it plays like a KH game.

kayos90

I'm not necessarily disappointed but a lot of what I find at fault in that trailer is extremely similar to the XV trailer.

Shinta

Banned
Uh... it's not trying out. This is what they're aiming for. Period. If people don't like the visual style then well... lol.

The last thing they even said about the game is that they're just now getting down specific shaders to make the game look different in each world.

They're still very much experimenting with it. I don't know what you're talking about.

Guymelef

That train attack is pretty lame. I think I'm gonna use these attraction abilites just as often as summons in previous games. Rarely.

Definitely like everything else i saw, though.

Still don't understand the train section, seems like a tap-tap game for smartphone.

Top Bottom