• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kirby Wii Coming to the US (Fall 2011) (1-4 players)

Ryll

So this is what that fabled Kirby game I was hoping for ever since the Gamecube has become. I do like that the other characters are not just Kirby clones...I just wonder what else Waddle Dee can do, since Meta Knight and King Dedede already have an arsenal of techniques available.

PKrockin said:
Wasn't 80-hours and as hard as Ninja Gaiden so it sucked

Looks great. Epic Yarn was nice but I've been waiting for this for a long time.

I don't need a game to brutally hard, but I do need it to be engaging enough that I don't die from boredom. Epic Yarn is boring; it's as simple as that.

The true sequel to Kirby 64 appears?! I'm excited. Looks soo much better than Epic Yarn. I really wish they'd bring back combining powers though... Kirby 64's power mechanics were easily the best of any Kirby game. Also, this is kind of random, but I'm disappointed there aren't any female characters.

udivision

SciencePilot said:
The true sequel to Kirby 64 appears?! I'm excited. Looks soo much better than Epic Yarn. I really wish they'd bring back combining powers though... Kirby 64's power mechanics were easily the best of any Kirby game. Also, this is kind of random, but I'm disappointed there aren't any female characters.
More like the true sequel to super-star. As you said, no mixing, and ACTUAL MULTIPLAYER. K64 suffered after the glory that was Super Star Mp

TreIII

Been waiting for this. Epic Yarn was fun, but I never lost sight of the one game that was teased back in 05 or whatever. And I'll gladly cop that Mario Party 9 too. It's been a minute.

Poyunch

It's like the Nintendo version of Duke Nukem Forever. I sort of don't want to buy this (Kirby DS looks more interesting) but having it in my hands would be pretty amazing as it is (relatively speaking).

SciencePilot said:
My thoughts exactly. I loved Kirby 64 and the combining of powers. Funny how this game was originally apart of the GCN's swan song with Twilight Princess and now will be the Wii's swan song along with Skyward Sword.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1173967p1.html
IGN hands on impression. They say by pressing different button combinations we activate different abilities. Kinda confused but sounds interesting. Also sounds like the IGN writer hasn't played many Kirby games.

Sciz

Lord_Byron28 said:
IGN hands on impression. They say by pressing different button combinations we activate different abilities. Kinda confused but sounds interesting.
They're just saying that each ability has an entire moveset, like Super Star.

Rich!

Epic Yarn was shit in my honest opinion. Didn't feel like a Kirby game, was too easy, and too slow. The graphics were great but goddamn it was boring as hell for me. Then again, Kirby was shoved in at the last minute and it wasn't made by HAL.

This looks like a true successor to Kirby Super Star (always felt 64 was closer to Dreamland 3 than KSS), and I'm expecting great things. Super Star was fun, fast and absolutely furious fun all the way through - and this looks just that.

Mista Koo

I've been waiting for this game forever, gosh it looks so hot, bright and colorful.
Is it just me or does this look way better than NSMBWii DKCR?

richisawesome said:
Epic Yarn was shit in my honest opinion. Didn't feel like a Kirby game, was too easy, and too slow. The graphics were great but goddamn it was boring as hell for me. Then again, Kirby was shoved in at the last minute and it wasn't made by HAL.
I always thought Epic Yarn should've been a Yoshi game.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i only just realised the kirby is like rouge from x-men, but instead of simply touching someone to absorb their powers kirby eats them.

TL4E said:
Is this really the same Kirby game announced for the Gamecube way back in 2004?
We don't know, but if it isn't it's another game with similar 2.5d graphics and gameplay... who knows what happened in between. It does seem hard to imagine this oen game in continuous development ever since then, I would guess it was halted for a while and then resumed or something... but we have no idea. Whatever the case though, this game sure looks a lot like it, whether it's the same game or something else made to be like that unfortunately never released title.

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to this game! It's been far too long...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anticitizen One said:
wow finally a real kirby game! They should have shown this at the conference
And take up time they would use to not give more detail about Wii U? Naaaaah.

ZAK

Lookin' sweet. Is this really the Wii's sendoff though? Tickles my fancy, but, I'm just me...

Just saw the gameplay. Looks amazing. The graphics are really nice too.

A Black Falcon said:
We don't know, but if it isn't it's another game with similar 2.5d graphics and gameplay... who knows what happened in between. It does seem hard to imagine this oen game in continuous development ever since then, I would guess it was halted for a while and then resumed or something... but we have no idea. Whatever the case though, this game sure looks a lot like it, whether it's the same game or something else made to be like that unfortunately never released title.

Yeah, they probably haven't been working on this since 2004. Probably on again off again development. I'm willing to bet they might have even scraped all their original work and restarted the project at least once.

WillyFive

kirby-adventure-gcn-20050517040521660_640w.jpg

08.jpg

Yeah!

ZAK said:
Lookin' sweet. Is this really the Wii's sendoff though? Tickles my fancy, but, I'm just me...

Assuming they won't keep the Wii going after Wii U comes out (they are obviously aimed at opposite markets (Wii = many, U = one), then Skyward Sword would be the sendoff, just like Twilight Princess with Gamecube.

Diffense

I don't give a hoot.
Stop glutting us (EDIT: me) with franchise crap NOA and give Wii owners some fresh experiences.
Where's Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower (Reginleiv, Disaster)
I, for one, will not be financially supporting this kind of thing anymore.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Diffense said:
I don't give a hoot.
Stop glutting us (EDIT: me) with franchise crap NOA and give Wii owners some fresh experiences.

And yet you still thought enough of it to come in here and post.

J-Rock

Banned
Diffense said:
I don't give a hoot.

So you are done playing Nintendo's main franchises from here on out?

Looks great, it has a nice style too even if it doesn't come close to Epic Yarn. I hope it can be challenging despite 4 players joining.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So it's essentially a beefed out Super Star?

Diffense said:
I don't give a hoot.

Why are people even asking for releases that are actually bad (Reinglev) or subpar (Disaster)?

Artanisix

I really love the look of this, it looks to be a lot of fun. Kinda wish that the co-op players could choose their powers too though.

Awesome, better be more copy abilities though, something at least comparable to KSS, though nothing will come close to the awesome copy mixing in K64. Most fun part of that game was finding out what Fire and Ice would mix into. And it's the only video game to date featuring a ballistic fridge powerup.

Refrigator.JPG

Diffense

J-Rock said:
So you are done playing Nintendo's main franchises from here on out?

I can't say that since I'm absolutely getting Skyward Sword otherwise my Wii is a doorstop.
However, I can't help but reflect on the fact that the Wii is dead and there were very few truly memorable games for it.
I can't say that about the N64 or the Gamecube which is kind of startling when I compare their sales to that of the Wii.
So the enthusiasm of my support is at an all time low and I will be quite happy to pass on any of their quick franchise cash-ins.
Especially when the very profitable NOA pinches pennies to such an extent that it can't publish any games for the core audience that will require a bit of localization work.
My wallet is the only vote I get...have to use it.

Diffense

nincompoop said:
So why are you in this thread again?

To say that I don't give a hoot.
You can read right?

Why are people even asking for releases that are actually bad (Reinglev) or subpar (Disaster)?

Yeah, I don't especially want those which is why I had them in parenthesis.
But they are further evidence of a terrible localization record for INTERNALLY developed titles that are not cutesy and franchise based.
Maybe the only reason we got S&P 2 is because the previous version was released on VC and thus had some exposure already.

Anyway, I'm done.
Kirby can go eat a Reggie.

Rokam

CrunchyFrog said:
Awesome, better be more copy abilities though, something at least comparable to KSS, though nothing will come close to the awesome copy mixing in K64. Most fun part of that game was finding out what Fire and Ice would mix into. And it's the only video game to date featuring a ballistic fridge powerup.

Refrigator.JPG

I really hope this game has the replayability of Kirby 64, all the different combinations made running through the levels again fun.

Ezalc

Man, I would buy ten copies of a Kirby game that brought back the ability mixing of 64. To this day it's still probably my favorite Kirby game.

WillyFive

Diffense said:
I can't say that since I'm absolutely getting Skyward Sword otherwise my Wii is a doorstop.

However, I can't help but reflect on the fact that the Wii is dead and there were very few truly memorable games for it.

And yet you are here complaining this game shouldn't exist.

I can't say that about the N64 or the Gamecube which is kind of startling when I compare their sales to that of the Wii.

Why can't you? What's the difference? And why does it's sales matter?

So the enthusiasm of my support is at an all time low and I will be quite happy to pass on any of their quick franchise cash-ins.

Why is this a quick franchise cash-in? How is this a quick franchise cash-in?

Especially when the very profitable NOA pinches pennies to such an extent that it can't publish any games for the core audience that will require a bit of localization work.
My wallet is the only vote I get...have to use it.

Nintendo of America sucks, but is irrelevant to your discussion.

Top Bottom