• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kirby Wii Coming to the US (Fall 2011) (1-4 players)

Diffense

Willy105 said:
And yet you are here complaining this game shouldn't exist.

Why can't you? What's the difference? And why does it's sales matter?

Why is this a quick franchise cash-in? How is this a quick franchise cash-in?

Nintendo of America sucks, but is irrelevant to your discussion.

You ask a lot of questions.
It's really not that complicated.
Enough wih the waggle minigames and cutesy franchise platformers.
I have Mario, I have DK, at this point, I don't give a hoot about Kirby especially when NOA is passing on finished games that would nicely round out my library.

However, if they were releasing the other stuff I would certainly buy Kirby anyway.
I don't hate the franchise generally ... I do have a copy of Kirby 64.
But Kirby's Epic Yarn and now this combined with all the other platformers and still no sign of the other Nintendo games I want to spend money on.
Nah, I'm glutted to the verge of vomiting. At this rate, Wii U is definitely Wait N' Sii.

Diffense

NEO0MJ said:
We need more brown!

Yeah, when the games I want are Xenoblade, Last story and Pandora's tower I'm a dudebro in love with brown musclebound gun toters ... lulz
The window on Nintendo's Wii output that we have gotten outside of Japan has been terribly one-dimensional and that's the truth.
NOA seems to think this is all we want and maybe we have given that impression.

KevinCow said:
So does this game just not have a title or something? Or is it really Kirby Wii?

This was a pretty common theme this E3 for Nintendo. Way too much was just labeled "Animal Crossing," "Super Mario," "Rhythm Heaven," "Kirby Wii," there wasn't a lot of distinction. There were a few original titles like Rolling Western, and Luigi's Mansion 2 and Mario Party 9 were properly numbered, but they really weren't big on specifics this year.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
KevinCow said:
So does this game just not have a title or something? Or is it really Kirby Wii?
Considering it comes out in the fall, I think Kirby Wii may just be the final name.

NEO0MJ

Diffense said:
Yeah, when the games I want are Xenoblade, Last story and Pandora's tower I'm a dudebro in love with brown musclebound gun toters ... lulz

I know what you meant, but frankly I disliked the kiddy platformers remark and felt there was ni difference.
As for you games, frankly I kinda don't blame NOA for not wanting to release them after the lacking sales of other niche' titles like S&P.

ToyBroker

Banned
This game must be amazing if they didn't show it at E3.

It's like they threw it together to fill the major gaps in the Wii library for the rest of this year.

Diffense

NEO0MJ said:
I know what you meant, but frankly I disliked the kiddy platformers remark and felt there was ni difference.
As for you games, frankly I kinda don't blame NOA for not wanting to release them after the lacking sales of other niche' titles like S&P.

I didn't say kiddy I said cutesy because that's what they are.
As for the sales, yup, that's why I woke up to the need to withhold support for certain titles.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hmm. I want Last Story and Xenoblade real bad and am unhappy with Nintendo being their usual stubborn black hole of information.

Hmm. I love the look of a traditional Kirby platformer and am glad Nintendo is making it.

I... can have two feelings at once...?

PARADOX ALERT PARADOX ALERT PARA---

lTXIy.jpg

(hee hee, it works because Kirby sucks things in, giggle giggle)

Diffense

Kaijima said:
Hmm. I want Last Story and Xenoblade real bad and am unhappy with Nintendo being their usual stubborn black hole of information.

Hmm. I love the look of a traditional Kirby platformer and am glad Nintendo is making it.

I... can have two feelings at once...?

PARADOX ALERT PARADOX ALERT PARA---

lTXIy.jpg

(hee hee, it works because Kirby sucks things in, giggle giggle)

lol..I know the feeling.
But I have so many radiating waves of HATE right now only Zelda can break through.

Ydahs

Looks really good. Will certainly be a good end to the Wii's life, along with Zelda.

Will buy if it's as good as it looks.

soldat7

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Thank goodness for a traditional Kirby game.

I wonder why they went with such a pedestrian art style after Epic Yarn. It's definitely a step backwards in that regard.

Ydahs

soldat7 said:
I wonder why they went with such a pedestrian art style after Epic Yarn. It's definitely a step backwards in that regard.
Apparently this title was in development for years, well before Epic Yarn. That might explain the differing art styles since they likely had this engine complete before Epic Yarn became a Kirby game.

I'd like to know how the "copy" abilities work for the other players. A good question for everyone is how future games especially on Wii U would make simultaneous co-op players happen?

Mario Galaxy 3 with one player on the tablet and another on the big screen? Maybe similar to how Portal 2 works in co-op mode?

Top Bottom