• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Legacy of Kain Art from a 2016 Pitch (Kain/Raziel, Blood Omen Style Gameplay?)

If they do a god damn reboot I will be mega pissed given the ending of the last game.
Considering it's time travel nature I see doing a reboot being very easy if they want to go that route. Blood open 2 style if you catch what i mean.

Edit: hey sony, you wanna build a list. Here's mine.

Double Edit: I hate this thread so much because now I'm day dreaming about legacy of kain and I'll never have it back in my life. Fuck this thread, fuck reminding me I can never have this series back, and most of all fuck square for that multiplayer shit that was made instead of greenlighting the game of my dreams. Fuck ;_;

Remember what he looked like in Blood Omens 2?
1203482-kain-jpg.405465

Reallink

Don't worry guys, there are 50 or 60 games as service Overwatch knock offs on the way, 25 of them from MS First Parties.

LMWanderer

Neo Member
Honestly, the pitch looks kind of like a modernized version of dark prophecy where we had a younger Kain and time travel factoring in, but that game also seemingly had Raziel barred from use in the game early on because it would have cheapened the ending of Defiance. All I know is Kain doesn't look bad, somewhere between Blood Omen Armors and the later unarmored Kain of Bo2/Soul Reaver Era. All I wonder is if those tentacles are just a run of the mill monster or the Elder Squidy trying to wreak havock through time.

Ouroboros

be still my beating heart.

oh what could have been / could be.....but never will.

SquareEnix Abhors.......a Kain reboot.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
...Huh. Wow.

Kain looks a little too handsome*, but still cool. I'd be OK with this design.

Not sure I'd trust any modern dev to get the gameplay right though.

* Add his sexy voice and amazing lines and.... I just might faint, that'll be too much for me to handle :p

Kain doesn't look monstrous enough like before. He just looks like a dude with his skin painted white

Hell he looks like Orlando Bloom Legalos
That's not my kain. Either a reboot or not kain at all. He's not even holding the soul reaver hmmm.
Ummm
I can tell some people in this thread have never played Blood Omen.
Yeah. This.

SMH

If this is true maybe its better it didn't happen.
That's a shitty thing to say considering Dyack fucking created Kain. Like him or not (I certainly don't) but LoK is his creation.
And Blood Omen is still the best game :p

Remember what he looked like in Blood Omens 2?
I'd rather everyone forget this abomination ever happened

Stiler

Hmm, some people in here never finished Defiance it seems...

Kain doesn't look like his "old" self for a reason if you know the ending to Defiance.

Which is why it's a bit strange seeing Raziel here.

Guess there was some strange way to get him back but still.

Rezbit

I am ready for another gothic story-driven action-adventure game with excellent writing and top-tier voice acting. I'll be waiting over here.

sKjRmg1.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Super unpopular opinion here but imo the Legacy of Kain become doomed the instant it become the Legacy of Raziel, Kain and Raziel should have had their own separate series or subseries(legacy of kain and soul reaver) instead of being forced together for marketing purposes.
I'm not saying that the games after Blood Omen 1 are bad but they never felt like Legacy of Kain games for a Blood Omen 1 fan like me and even if the games were generally well received in the long run they hurt the series imo.

I would cream my pants if I got the opportunity to play another game as Raziel. Especially if it was as good as the first Soul Reaver.

_Rob_

Raziel is marginally my second favourite jawless hero, I would pay worrying amounts of money for a new Soul Reaver game. I fear Nosgoth ruined any real chance for the time being though.

Garlador

I want to see Raziel return on the foundation engine.

At this point, I'd settle for just a remake of the original games.

It's a crime one of the most important and impressive gaming narratives of the past twenty years hasn't been reintroduced to a new audience.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I am ready for another gothic story-driven action-adventure game with excellent writing and top-tier voice acting. I'll be waiting over here.

sKjRmg1.jpg

Hahahaha

:(

Super unpopular opinion here but imo the Legacy of Kain become doomed the instant it become the Legacy of Raziel, Kain and Raziel should have had their own separate series or subseries(legacy of kain and soul reaver) instead of being forced together for marketing purposes.
I'm not saying that the games after Blood Omen 1 are bad but they never felt like Legacy of Kain games for a Blood Omen 1 fan like me and even if the games were generally well received in the long run they hurt the series imo.
I like Soul Reaver and Raziel's fine and all but... you are right.

Nothing was ever as awesome as Blood Omen. Sorry Reaver fans, it's the truth.

Top Bottom