• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain screens [1080p]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nice. Probably from the new trailer.

mgsvtpp_e3_02_l.jpg

--now-kiss-398652qsu59.png

I couldn't resist.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Fighting games strive for solid 60fps over all else, and that means pretty major concessions in visuals.

Fighting games aren't open world, have tiny levels, and only 2 characters rendered at any one time. There's many, many factors that impact framerate, and fighting games have to deal with a lot less than most games. Through the years I've always thought the Soul Calibur games have looked well beyond most games releases at the same time, and they never had any concession to framerate.

velociraptor

Based on GZ, the best part about this game is the lighting. It looks better in motion although it could use improved post-processing and textures. Some of the textures look PS2 quality.

1080p60 is nice but I want them to push the graphics as much as possible (whilst retaining 60FPS).

Palpable

1080p60 is nice but I want them to push the graphics as much as possible (whilst retaining 60FPS).

That's what they're doing. The game looks amazing as is and yet people still want it upped. It's 1080p, it looks gorgeous (especially in motion), and it's frame rate is smooth as butter. Enough with the graphics stuff.

JayEH

"I want 1080p 60fps in my current gen games!"

Open world game comes at 1080p 60fps

"Wow, I would rather have flashier effects than this trash."

No one wins apparently.

"I want 1080p 60fps in my current gen games!"

Open world game comes at 1080p 60fps

"Wow, I would rather have flashier effects than this trash."

No one wins apparently.

The game will be good, people will be happy, some will not, Neogaf will explode a few times in debate, and life will go on.

Zen

Banned
Beyond is a great looking game for sure considering the hardware but it isn't an open world game and has black bars taking up the screen to maintain a better framerate. And it has the benefit of having been developed for one console only.

THe black bars are for cinema, you can disable them in dev mode and the geometry is still there.

Top Bottom