• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Other M Gameplay Trailer

EmCeeGramr said:
Samus's agility honestly is amazing here. The part where she starts platforming up blocks and running through tunnels while still moving in 3D is so amazingly fluid.

That's what's been missing for the past six years. So glad to have it back.

Nimyh

Banned
That is one awesome looking game. And the rain effects in first person are surprisingly convincing for a Wii game\a third-person game\a video game.

Empty

seriously fucking impressive. love the music, and the forest area looked stunning. the 2d traversing looked spot on.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm still confused about the movement. Is it on a 2D plane? Because there were several points were it moved into 3D movement.

It looks fantastic though, much better than i imagined it would be.

EDIT: I say again, someone DL it just in case nintendo comes down the YT link.

botticus

2D parts look like the original 1980s Ninja Gaiden team has returned. I just hope they don't have fucking birds flying around while you're trying to wall jump.

CassSept

EmCeeGramr said:
Samus's agility honestly is amazing here. The part where she starts platforming up blocks and running through tunnels while still moving in 3D is so amazingly fluid.
Speed Booster is back!

jett

D-Member
That actually seems to be pretty cool. Samus is fast as fuck.

I just wish engrish-like subtitle was changed.

levious said:
by simply pointing at the screen, or do you mean you worry that it will be problematic?
Problematic. You have to be fast and accurate enough to switch the position of the controller and then point and shoot at enemies while not being able to move away from them. I would think that could limit the use of first person to looking down hallways, and looking around for clues on how to advance to the next area.

Seems like another case of "OMG it looks so much better in motion", the screen were terrible, but this video is super hot. It looks very cool to play too, so smooth and fast. Hype +100000000000

Dr.Hadji said:
Dang. Did Samus just change her linear path by PFSing that beacon?

I think that's what happened yeah. You can target things in fps mode to change the plane you are moving in it appears. Anyway, I'm with those who are happy to see speed in metroid again. I personally loved the prime games. However, samus's speed was heavily missing from the games.

Muffdraul

I can't believe this comes out in, what, three months? Schwing.

But that video seeded another question in my mind- is it possible to get short black Wii remote jackets in the US?

EDIT: Why, yes it is.

I'm intrigued by this. I haven't been interested in a Metroid game since Fusion and the original Prime but this could do it for me. I don't like the "Japanesy" style stuff their doing with Samus' character but personally I think the gameplay itself is looking pretty cool. Definitely keeping an eye on this.

Cygnus X-1

This looks definitely like a Metroid. Love the forest part and the morphball use.

And the music...scares me. It reminds me of Metroid Fusion.

Ah, I want an High-rez version of this. Now.

Nintendo should have released this trailer publically at their press event last month, the doubters would've been silenced immediately!

Bear

Holy fuck.

I had no idea what to think of this game before now. After finally seeing some gameplay footage, I'm completely sold.

Day one.

Wark

That game looks damn tasty. I'll admit I wasn't drawn to it initially, but now I'm hyped for. it.

jett

D-Member
yencid said:
love how people where doubting it from the screens and now everyone is all OMGOMG :lol :lol

Well you know the graphics are still the same as before. It's the gameplay that looks neat.

mugurumakensei said:
I think that's what happened yeah. You can target things in fps mode to change the plane you are moving in it appears.

Samus isn't restricted to one plane, according to previews. In most areas of the game, you have full 3D freedom of movement.

Top Bottom