• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mexico launches recreational marijuana.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
For those smoking it, isn't any kind of smoke in your lungs harmful?
Not a bad point. If you are doing an excessive amount, the smoke itself could be damaging.

I suppose most things are damaging if consumed in excess though.

Oh, and marijuana can be a bad mix for people with certain mental issues. So maybe it's not completely harmless, but it's much less harmful than many legal things.

CAPSOL

Both have pros and cons. I led myself into a lifestyle as a teen of not caring. I led mysaelf into psychadelics, Dust, LSD, Mushrooms, and cocaine. I also made it easier for me to find percocet to oxys and finally H.
Sure weed got me popular and laid but i also destroyed my grades, I barely finished high school. Going from a nerdy straight A student to a rebel who left in the middle of class to go get high.

I was lazy. Was fun for sure, but you can't say it has no negatives. You also can't say Alcohol has no positives, both can be true. Also some people can use both have zero issues.

I am fine with legalization btw (but they better legalize heroin, pcp, lsd, etc .. too or they are hypocrites! People shouldn't go to jail for possessing a natural substance or ingesting it)... i just don't like open advertising. Meaning having to see pot commercials on tv or having kids look at is as a positive. I get drug tested and assholes will smoke it at places in the open like parks or walking down the street, its frustrating. We used to go deep in the woods, graveyards, traintracks, stay at home, or clam bake in a car, not out in the open in front of people.

:)

Top Bottom