• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS3 Snake Eater trailer (pachinko)

Flipyap

Why am I doing this to myself.
0XDD5RX.jpg
Why is this so accurate?! It's all retextured, some models are clearly touched up, it's completely relit, but every piece of the original level is in the same place. Boxes, safety barriers, vehicles. All of it. Why?!
Why isn't this just a flashier render of original game assets? Why not just cut some of those assets instead of remaking them for a throwaway CG cutscene on pachinko machine? Why isn't this half-assed?!

Timeaisis

I'm crying.

That's a lot of fucking work for Pachinko.
Maaaaybee....? Mayybee? No I can't say it.

Hold me, GAF.

EDIT: Actually, ok. I have an actual theory on this. I bet you KojiPro was working on MGS3 in FOX engine as development of MGSV winded down (particularly, art). KojiPro is dismantled, Konami had a bunch of MGS3 cutscenes rendered in the glorious FOX engine, so they decide to use them to make Pachinko. The end. Oh god I just made myself even unhappier.

justjim89

If it turns out this was repurposed from a MGS3 remake that would be so painful.

Hurt me more, Konami.

That's actually the most painful (and likely) scenario. Konami cancelled an in-progress MGS3 remake and just repurposed the assets into this fucking thing.

Anth0ny

That's actually the most painful (and likely) scenario. Konami cancelled an in-progress MGS3 remake and just repurposed the assets into this fucking thing.

i bet they were in process of remaking all of the metal gear games in the fox engine

and now... pachinko

Whompa02

The actual visuals are drop dead gorgeous! I would love to replay this if it actually got a remaster. There's a crazy amount of work going into that to think that all they're doing is a Pachinko machine with those assets.

I would buy a console just for this if it were real and I'm currently skipping Bloodbourne, FF7R, and Last Gaurdian- it means that much to me.

I want to change camo textures in those high bitrates!

Permanently A

What a thriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

9T1kgIr.gif

With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme

9T1kgIr.gif

I give my life
Not for honor, but for you (Snake Eater)
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you (Snake Eater)

9T1kgIr.gif

I'm stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill in a dreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaam, Snaaaaaaaaake Eaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeer

f83.jpg

I'd like to believe that these people are making all this effort upgrading the visuals because they will use them for a console/pc remake. I'd also like to think that if they are remaking the rest of the games in the series in the same manner (although that is a bit more far fetched). This would be a logical and smart business decision that would be expected from any other normal developer, but Konami is not a normal developer. Konami canceled what amounted to be one of the most hyped games of this generation which had the potential to be their biggest game alongside MGS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm still so angry about Konami redoing the cutscenes but not giving us a remake.

#FuckKonami

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd be ok if we could just see them but it's going to be locked behind a fucking slot machine.

I wouldn't be. You already know those models are in the Fox Engine if not outright CGI'd. They need to redo the fucking game in Fox Engine and let us have a good running PC port with the option to switch to the PS2 models/textures like the Master Chiefer Collection.

Goddamn, I'm nuclear, I'm wild, I'm breaking up inside over this. Konami trollin' fans with the best outing of the series and highly regarded by most fans as their favorite.

jett

D-Member
A ridiculous amount of work has gone into this fucking pachislot game.

chara01_sp.jpg

chara02_sp.jpg

chara03_sp.jpg

chara04_sp.jpg

chara05_sp.jpg

chara06_sp.jpg

chara07_sp.jpg

chara08_sp.jpg

chara09_sp.jpg

chara10_sp.jpg

chara11_sp.jpg

chara12_sp.jpg

chara13_sp.jpg

chara14_sp.jpg

chara15_sp.jpg

main.jpg

slot_sp02.jpg

bg_slot02.jpg

Even Raikov is in this shit.

I think this is just evil.

Have a wallpaper to wash your tears with:

top_pc.jpg

Houndi101

I just love how we were all like "Konami you have nothing to give us anymore you can get your things and go" and this is where we are now... It looks so gooooood...

Caja 117

This is some next level of Machiavellian torture, I cant believe this was just made for Marketing pachinko, Im pretty sure Konami is aware on how they are trolling every MGS fan out there with this. This is pure evil. its sickening.

justjim89

Someone should compare Volgin's and Snake's models in MGSV to the models used here to see if they're Fox engine. Volgin in particular really looks similar.

Ratrat

They remade pretty much every character with spoken lines....wtf. And most of the cutscenes and environments from the looks of it,

The character models are empressively spot on too. They all look exactly like they should, its amazing.

Top Bottom