• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS3 Snake Eater trailer (pachinko)

Ratrat

Eh, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Making CG movies isn't exactly on the same level as making an entire game. Especially for an experience as complex as Snake Eater. Trying to replicate all the smaller details from the original sounds like a suicide project.
They did it before with The Twin Snakes. But yeah, if they were to transplant MGSV gameplay straight into MGS3, its gonna need a lot of tweaking. Map size and enemy AI especially.

QJIMAPO.gif

YQgRWbk.gif

It looks so fucking beautiful. It saddens me to no end that this isn't actually a remake.
I can stare at this all day.

LeleSocho

Banned
Konami goddang it i need a remake that looks like that in my life.
I need it in my veins.

Ocelot looks marvelous and Eva is so goddang sexy.
You better make a remake that looks like that a reality Konami.

Release Demo Theater as a product using the cinematics from the Pachinko game, like so:
c74e00_51b1ed24dd6d7_ciA2NDIDY2VfYmRkZA==.jpg

Render the player-controlled Snake in Fox. Boom. You've got a sale!

Revan

Have they redone ALL the cutscenes from the game?

#FuckFuckFuckKonami

Bastards. The fucking FOX Engine is PERFECT for MGS3.

Fuck you Konami. Fuck you.

Big Wazu

To see these cutscenes in this hurts so damn much. I would be extremely surprised if they announced an MGS3 remake because even though it would be an easy way to make money, Konami isn't known for it's brains.

Couldn't finish watching it. What a waste. One of the biggest tragedies of the Konami- Kojima fallout was the loss of the Fox Engine. Goddamn does it look good.

Z3M0G

People may not like me for asking but this is the industry I work in. I'm quite interesting with understanding how this game works.

- are boss battles basically bonus modes? Do you fight a random boss, or trigger them in different ways, or actually progress through them in a linear order?

- what are the major bullet-points they are advertising during this? What's the 124Gb thing about?

Anth0ny

What a thriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

9T1kgIr.gif

With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme

9T1kgIr.gif

I give my life
Not for honor, but for you (Snake Eater)
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you (Snake Eater)

9T1kgIr.gif

I'm stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill in a dreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaam, Snaaaaaaaaake Eaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeer

What a thriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

9T1kgIr.gif

With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme

9T1kgIr.gif

I give my life
Not for honor, but for you (Snake Eater)
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you (Snake Eater)

9T1kgIr.gif

I'm stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill in a dreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaam, Snaaaaaaaaake Eaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeer

I'm dead
rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

haendeul

I'm not gonna lie, if they'd put this on mobile with a friendlier payment system for the west I'd play it. Like a Metal Gear Puzzle Quest.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Fox Engine!

Diffraction spikes on the lighting gives it away.
Watching Fox Engine reduced to a gambling marketing tool is a sad outcome of a GOAT engine.
That's not exclusive to Fox Engine. This is CGI, companies don't make things like this with a game engine. And people are really overestimating what consoles are capable of as a remake wouldn't look like this in realtime.

Anth0ny

Yo konami just put these cutscenes on a Blu ray

that's what I'm saying.

it's literally my favorite story in the history of video games. I'd buy a CG movie version of the game in a heart beat.

letting these incredible cutscenes go to waste on a fucking slot machine game that 90 year olds sit and play and don't even fucking notice is insanity

There is so much potential, but knowing Konami they will never give people what they want. Fuck Konami and I hope they bankrupt one day so that the MGS IP get's bought by someone that will give it a lot of love.

Top Bottom