• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS5 The Phantom Pain Announcement on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Banned
Mandatory

Z8hbhna.gif

And

246132_170x100.png

This game will destroy GAF if it turns out everything it promises to be. Maximum Gameplay, Maximum Graphics, Maximum Story...good lord.

Blader

He said he had 2 sources and legitimate proof the game comes out in June. And he didn't get banned for the claims so I take that to mean it's the real deal.

Batzi talks out of his ass. He went to hilariously embarrassing lengths last year to insist the Ground Zeroes was going to be a proper full-length game.

Knowing Kojima, it's probably going to be the announcement of the gameshow where the annoucement of the release date will be announced.

Lingitiz

If this is a release date, I really hope PC is day one or at least within a decent timespan. It won't be easy to avoid spoilers. Considering Ground Zeroes and Rising did so well, I'd hope that they'd give the PC port at least as much attention as the last gen versions.

I got 15 hours out of GZ. Decent length if you'd ask me.

I got even more out of it. Yes, the story was super short. But if people actually tried to play the other missions on higher difficulties and figure out all the alternate endings to those missions, you would've had a lot more time had in it.

Great game.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm way late cause I was sleeping.

Vally already came thru with the happening bunker gif.

What the fuck happened here? You people are insane.

fritzo

Batman releases the first Tuesday in June. Plenty of other dates that month, Tuesday or Friday. I'm hoping for June.

MAX PAYMENT

I cannot wait for this game. I just wish Kojima wasn't such an asshole. I really wish I didn't have to expect this to be something a long the lines of the chicken mask joke.

SJRB

Gold Member
So we're posting release date predictions?

June 23rd worldwide release. One week after E3, perfect moment to go hard on promoting the game, maximum exposure.

packy34

June is the most probable month, but I'd love if it released on May 5. June is still a quarter of a year away... And longer if it doesn't release at the beginning of the month.

Euron

Are we standing on the edge of a release date announcement? Or are our dreams of one breaking up inside?

Simo

Aren't we due a new Game Informer cover reveal this week too? Could be TPP to go with Wednesday reveal?

Geg

So is this going to be some kind of livestream-style announcement or just like a press release or website update with the release date

Mine01

Guys I've never played a mgs game neither can play them, is there something i can read to get up to dat on the story to play mgs v?

Thanks to Kiefer TPP will the first MGS game I will buy but why do we need pre-announcement announcement threads. It's like saying 'There will be news on Tuesday' but until we know what the news is, why make a thread?

Though clearly this pre-announcement news is popular.

Betty

Banned
Guys I've never played a mgs game neither can play them, is there something i can read to get up to dat on the story to play mgs v?

Most of the story in MGSV is self contained, Ground Zeroes is the prologue and also features some backstory on previous events.

At the very least, watching the story of Ground Zeroes or playing it would be enough to catch you up to the events of Phantom Pain, there might be references you'll miss having not played the other games in the series but the overall story of MGSV should be understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom