• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS5 The Phantom Pain Announcement on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJIzana

Like the rest, I'm hoping for a release date / window as well. So many open world games coming this gen. Such a nice change and basically everything I could ask for. MGS included! :D

NCell

I can see this going two ways:

• Optimist : Release date announcement and Kojima thanking us for our patience and can't wait for us to play his game

• Pessimist : Release window announcement and Kojima asking us to be patient because the game isn't ready just yet but won't take much longer.
But I don't believe IGN would go for a release window announcement, this is the real deal!

meptrep

I don't care about the release date that much, but if they announced a reissue of the Seiko G757, that would be amazing. They can take as long as they want developing the game, I'm fine with waiting.

Shauni

Overall we don't. At some point Kaz and Big Boss will have a falling out. I'm sure the motives and objectives will change during the course of the story.

Yeah, as I said, those details haven't been shown, obviously, but you make it sound as if the trailers have been super vague and all of that, when they've been pretty clear in my opinion. No, we don't know every single little detail, but we know a decent amount of the central plot.

Seems like Kojima is taking the MGS2 approach with this game.

I can't say I really see that either, mainly because you didn't know what the MGS2 approach actually was until the game released.

Akiller

Looks like there's no Geoff involved , so it won't be a troll announcement :smugface:
i1SnHwwpi7ZPN.gif
Yeah Rising 2 announcement incoming
:ripper
face:

Loakum

Banned
Hopeing for an Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain. I really want a detailed Venom Snake Statue!

usp84

I swear to GOD if this anouncement of an anouncement doesnt mean a RELEASE DATE i will fucking explode!!!!!!!!!

Unless i missed something...

Roldan

It's funny. So much hype in the other threads where people thought the release date was going to be shown... And now that's pretty much confirmed, no one's believing it will happen lol

Jingo

Its the first time they ve done this for phantom pain, it would disrespectful from them not announcing a release date when they know fans are dying for news, you dont play with emotions like this, i know he´s the master of trolling but i think everything has their limit.

Boke1879

Yeah, as I said, those details haven't been shown, obviously, but you make it sound as if the trailers have been super vague and all of that, when they've been pretty clear in my opinion. No, we don't know every single little detail, but we know a decent amount of the central plot.

I can't say I really see that either, mainly because you didn't know what the MGS2 approach actually was until the game released.

But IMO we know the central plot of every game no matter what based on trailers. Still way too many questions honestly when dealing with Metal Gear.

Shauni

But IMO we know the central plot of every game no matter what based on trailers. Still way too many questions honestly when dealing with Metal Gear.

Well, I think you're missing what it is I'm trying to say, so agree to disagree I guess.

bbd23

WELP its not the IGN first game of the month

wednesday better include a release date plus new trailer please and thank you

roytheone

I just hope the wait between the console versions and the PC version won't be too long. They already have the engine up and running thanks to ground zeroes, so it shouldn't take too long.

nemisis0

Apprently the .css file on the website contains the words "releasedate", can't look into it as I am on mobile but a friend just let me know after he was messing with the site.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
You know what'd be perfect?

Release date with MGO beta for every preorder.

...I'll just settle for MGO beta.

giphy.gif

Åesop;154257353 said:
Maybe MGO Beta starts this week with Playstation Plus, thats why they couldnt announce the new Plus games yet

http://i.imgur.com/pGwxuhK.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

OMG

DONT EVEN

WHY U DO THIS

dc89

I will genuinely be fucked off if it is not the release date.

Please be a short trailer, with the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom