• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS5 The Phantom Pain Announcement on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowdyReverb

B_GP2h-U8AEbD38.jpg

https://twitter.com/kojima_pro/status/572396805377245184
I love that watch face

Eggbok

Part of me wants to believe it's the release date. The other part doesn't want to believe because Kojima.

raven777

IGN ‏@IGN 11m11 minutes ago
Be here Wednesday morning for a #MetalGearSolidV message from @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN and @Konami http://go.ign.com/5CLqoML

On March 4 at 6am PT (9am ET, 2pm GMT, 1am AET on March 5), we're revealing big Phantom Pain news, as well as a special message from series creator Hideo Kojima.

Alienous

June release. I'm banking on it bros.

June ... eh.

Late June is after E3. That means that MGSV could be a victim of new game hype.

Whereas if the game is on schedule for early June ... surely you would just push harder to get a May 5th release date? V/V of 201V. That's truly a global release date, you don't even have to rearrange anything. Just push the team harder, Kojima, they can take it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
my actual dream (as PS3 only owner that still has to play Ground Zero):

PS3 version confirmed
firm release date
Inclusion of Ground zero as free pre-order bonus

Montresor

Still haven`t played Ground Zeroes. I`ll have to go through that quickly to get ready for this game. I still think the "Nuclear" trailer from last E3 was incredible.

Please be a release date and let it be coming out next week! Super shocking release date you'd never see coming.

I can dream, can't I?

Yesterday I got the sudden urge to play MGS4. I went to Best Buy planning to buy the HD collection but they didn't have it. I didn't want to wait for Amazon, I wanted to play it now.

So I went to Gamestop and found a copy of MGS4 for $4.99. I put about 4 hours into it yesterday and it's pretty awesome. It holds up really well, other than the controls are kind of unfriendly. Still looks pretty great.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm gonna guess a June release date like MGS4

Ground Zeroes for PS Plus.

Calling it.

I think that game will start selling again in the run up to MGSV's release, so they might not wanna take any potential sales away. I traded it in and would love to play it again.

I can see it, clear as day - this thread will get to 100+ pages before the timer runs out, and after it runs out, thread will look like this:

hindenburg.gif

I would really like to be wrong :D ...but I won't.

Edit: wait, 2 days? In that case, this thread will get to 150+ pages before it runs out, at least.

ekim

From the css:

.releasedate{width:75%; margin:0 auto 5% auto;}
.releasedate img { width: 100%; height:auto;}
.releasebtnbox{width:80%; margin:5% auto 0 auto; background:url(../_img/countdown/cd_preorder_sp.png) no-repeat top left; background-size:cover; border: 2px solid #850303;}
.releasebtnbox .btn{padding:11.7% 2% 4% 2%;}

so it's definitely showing the release date after the countdown.

cd_preorder_sp.png ... Single player preporder?

liquidtmd

Banned
Announcement to say they are not ready to announce the release date, here have some more pics of Big Boss in a chicken hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom