• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Modern Warfare 2 Trailer

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's just another 20 second teaser for the actual trailer we're getting Sunday. Way too short to judge. Really interested in seeing the full thing, though.

DMczaf

I wish they just debuted the trailer without any of these teasers for the trailer. I'm pretty sure COD4 sold a few copies, Activision. No need to act like no one has any idea what this game is.

essendi

Neo Member
Graphics don't look much improved so far. It seems like more variety has been added to the gameplay though.

scoobs

Oh boy thats a bad sign... they've added riot shields. DEAR GOD PLEASE no riot shields in multiplayer!!!!! They sucked in counterstrike and they will suck in CoD.

Might actually skip this game, if it turns out to be more of the same... I'll wait for a steam 50% weekend or something to pick it up :)

DMczaf said:
I wish they just debuted the trailer without any of these teasers for the trailer. I'm pretty sure COD4 sold a few copies, Activision. No need to act like no one has any idea what this game is.

Or you could just skip all those teaser trailers.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I think it's a fucking teaser and not a trailer. It even says that after the link.
That being said, they need to show me more to get me hyped as hell. Bring on E3 baby!

bdouble

Why do they need to tease this? Like they aren't going to change the game that much. We already know exactly what to expect. These aren't even story related.

I don't need to be hyped. All they need to do is impress the millions of people who already bought CoD4.

bdouble said:
Why do they need to tease this? Like they aren't going to change the game that much. We already know exactly what to expect.

Well i'm just glad they're getting rid of the respawning enemies....interested to see how that turns out.

bdouble said:
Why do they need to tease this? Like they aren't going to change the game that much. We already know exactly what to expect. These aren't even story related.

A.) They changed the name of the series so they want to start a brand awareness campaign early.
B.) They want to try to top the 13 million COD 4 sold.

picture_41628.png

picture_36312.png

picture_37820.png

picture_38989.png

picture_42788.png

picture_43464.png

picture_39953.png

picture_40255.png

That's one outdated looking game engine. They really need to start the whole thing afresh, there's only so much tweaking and band aids you can apply to the Quake 3 engine before you start getting diminishing returns.

Zhuk

Banned
i'm sure it'll be a great game but I played CoD 4 to death and I really want something different than more of the same :(

I guess they should get some credit for persistence, but a quick look could easily make one wonder if anyone on the development team has actually seen snow in person.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
What little was shown looks cool. It is going to be all about the multiplayer anyway though.

brain_stew said:
That's one outdated looking game engine.

L4D gets away with looking like a Half-Life 2 mod. If the game looks like this and runs at 60FPS very few people will be upset.

Linkup

Mooreberg said:
What little was shown looks cool. It is going to be all about the multiplayer anyway though.

L4D gets away with looking like a Half-Life 2 mod. If the game looks like this and runs at 60FPS very few people will be upset.

:l

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The only time they should ever consider any teaser/trailer "gameplay" is when the footage is actually shown from first-person, not 3rd person. That shit annoys the fuck out of me.

Phoenix

As with most games this generation that utilize a lot of lighting and post-processing effects the screen shots don't do anything to really show off how this game looks in motion. Even in the trailers it looks so much better than what those screen shots show.

Phoenix said:
As with most games this generation that utilize a lot of lighting and post-processing effects the screen shots don't do anything to really show off how this game looks in motion. Even in the trailers it looks so much better than what those screen shots show.

COD4 looked better in promo shots than it ever did in motion.

EazyB

Banned
I'm less concerned with graphical improvement and more interested in other features. I also figure the core gameplay will be the same so I hope they used their time to implement something like saved films and screen cap functionality in CoD6. That shit would be tight.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
EazyB said:
I'm less concerned with graphical improvement and more interested in other features. I also figure the core gameplay will be the same so I hope they used their time to implement something like saved films and screen cap functionality in CoD6. That shit would be tight.

Agreed. We all know the gameplay will be just as good or even better than 4/5. I'm hoping for more features though. I think that will make or break it for me.

How about some guests in matchmaking?

Top Bottom