• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Muse album - The 2nd Law - Trailer inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

Not happy about the dubstep portion. I love Muse so I will reserve final judgment for the actual album. Also slightly disappointed the titular 2nd law is of thermodynamics and not robotics.

Ra\/en

Eh...

I'll give the new album a listen. No matter what they do with the albums, these guys are still a kick-ass live band.

paparazzo

Oh man, to think this was my favorite band at one time and I even liked Resistance mostly.

What a damn shame if this is the direction they've chosen. Dubstep is garbage.

Senoculum

Well fuck dudes, I think it sounds awesome. I don't listen to dubstep, but this sounds totally rad. Can't wait for the live version.

S.Dedalus

One of my favorite bands, and I've loved every single album. I trust them, and I'm excited for September and a new tour.

"Fuck Bellamy"? Jesus, you haven't even heard the album yet. Goddamn. Chill out.

Tunavi

Banned
The Resistance aged horribly for me, so I'll take anything that goes in a different direction. If they can make the whole album gritty, count me in. I hope the orchestral theme is prevalent too, and wasnt just for the trailer

hipgnosis

Brostep in a Muse album? That sounded fucking terrible. Why are they imitating Skrillex? I thought this was a joke trailer, but holy shit if that is their future sound, not gonna bother listening.

alazz

Well, I was excited. I'll probably buy the album if the full singles are good, but that dubstep wasn't promising. Somebody else here called it equivalents to RATM's mosh riffs, and that's probably true but I'd take Bellamy's Morello-lite riffs over dubstep riffs any day.

But "You are unsustainable" is an awfully vacuous chorus. They should really drop his store-bought rebel politics from their music, or at least have something better than "He's the man, we're the people, we kill the man."

Knew it was gonna be crap as soon as the strings started.

This direction was inevitable after Black Holes and Revelations though.

If you want to write off an entire album based on a two-minute, context-less clip, be my guest. But I'm still looking forward to it.
I'm not writing off the entire album, I'm just saying fuck you to Bellamy, cause even if the rest of the album is somehow amazing, that dubstep is unforgivable.

Anyway I'm willing to bet my balls the album will be shit, if they thought this trailer is a good way to hype it up.

I've loved Muse since Muscle Museum and I'll continue to love them. I don't listen to dubstep but I do appreciate how abrasive and annoying it is. I like that the dubstep section does sound like an actual band and not 100% electronic.

Eric Hall

I really want this to be good, but I'm sure it won't be.

I'll still be there Day 1, but the last album killed a lot of my faith in the band

TheMan

muse...doing dubstep...

i don't actually dislike dubstep but when i think of muse i don't associate them with skrillex. i'm certainly interested to hear what they've come up with, but after the resistance i'm cautious.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I hope they're pulling our legs and this isn't an indication of what's to come. Though after The Resistance, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Bellamy used his guitar to replicate the wubs. Leave the dubstep and the showmanship for live performances please. Or better yet, leave dubstep out completely.

Ezduo

Banned
Geez, first Coldplay killed all my interest in their future work and now Muse is looking to do the same. Here's hoping the dubstep isn't overwhelming.

Raide

Based upon my love of Muse, I will wait to hear more from this new Album but I am not liking what I am hearing so far.

Isn't the dubstep sound being made with a Guitar? Does this mean I should be okay with it and respect MUSE for the skill involved in that?

Bliany

Muse was the first band that I was a huge fan of back in high school. I pretty much moved on from them after I discovered Radiohead though. I got on a nostalgic Muse kick for a bit recently though and remembered why I did like them. With each new album though I'm losing more and more faith in the band, while Radiohead has been the opposite. I think at this point Muse has fell into their mainstream niche and are going to stay there.

They are awesome live though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I can't tell whether this video is serious or a joke. I wouldn't be surprised by either.

Yager

Banned
I want to believe that it's a joke, like 'hey, we made that so you believe that we were making a dubstep album, but instead we're gonna make yout brain explode with an LP similar to Origin of Symmetry'. I hope that's the real meaning of the trailer.

Dead

well not really...yet
I dont see how this any worse than when they put out supermassive blackhole. Shit, this sounds better.

alazz

Isn't the dubstep sound being made with a Guitar? Does this mean I should be okay with it and respect MUSE for the skill involved in that?

Actually it's not really hard to emulate those sounds on an electric guitar using effects; it's more a matter of price than ability. He also has that synth pad embedded into one of his guitar IIRC. If he's using that he's not actually "playing" guitar to make those sounds.

As much as I want another album along the lines of OoS, I don't think it's coming. D:

Regardless, I'm still kinda excited. or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom