• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Naruto Broken Bond (360) images and trailer

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just got these from Ubisoft.

Trailer:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7159_en.html

1706_0001.jpg

1706_0002.jpg

1706_0003.jpg

1706_0004.jpg

1706_0005.jpg

1706_0006.jpg

1706_0007.jpg

1706_0008.jpg

1706_0009.jpg

1706_0010.jpg

Zoe

Tayuya's proportions or size look off.

So does this mean you'll play a portion of the game as Sasuke?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
looks good, some of the colors look off though, alot of brown and washed out colors. seems different from the first.

f3niks

1706_0004.jpg

ZOMG Spoilerzzz!!! j/k

It looks better and i may take a look at this one but the PS3 game will occupy a good chunk of my attention when it drops. The ubisoft game had a lot of nice touches (animation and audio from the show) that keep me interested in this title. Hopefully it wont have as many bugs this time around.

clashfan

Looks great. I enjoyed the first game. This time the village seems empty. In the first game, the village was full of people.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Looks good, if I can pick this up again with the japanese voices
and for 15$
like I did with rise of a ninja, I definitely will!

Firestorm

Final battle of the game
in the screens and trailer?
Will pick it up at $20. Looks fun. Watch the next game be a filler compilation.

ShockingAlberto said:
After the first game, I'm not trusting Ubisoft until I hear good final retail impressions.

I don't want another half-finished game.

FYI guys, the demo is out...three chunks to it:
-Escape from Konoha
-Part of the Sasuke Chase
-3rd vs. Orochimaru and
1st/2nd Hokages

Ubisoft has definitely fixed things up a bit.

Positive:
-Didn't see any of the slowdown issues from the first game. The framerate really did seem solid. That being said running quickly through town is just as problematic as before; controls are exactly the same as in the previous one.

-Text seems a lot smoother. Admittedly there wasn't much of it, but I didn't see the awkward reverse scroll junk from before. The demo is fully bilingual with subs, though the character grunts seem to be from the english dub. That could just be a demo thing.

-For anybody wondering why UNS didn't get the show music...well this is your answer, perhaps? The demo uses music almost exclusively from the show, and there are some really good ones in there. (For example, Orochimaru's theme!) If there is anything that gets me really jazzed up to play this game, the music would have to be it.

-Okay, the graphics aren't as good as UNS. They try, but really, the toon shading isn't on the same level, and there are some goofy things (citizens running through walls, the stone faces on the village cliffside, the difference between cutscene/ingame faces, etc.) But it's still remarkably solid.

-The new improvement is team play. You can now have multiple party members and switch with the dpad. Sort of like MvC or whatnot, you can fight multi-character battles and perform combos that switch you out. I didn't see any character specialties in the demo, though, and it seems all of the chakra powers outside of combat were for Naruto only. (Why do I have a feeling I have to do hand-signs to walk on water again...?)

Negative:
-My first big disappointment is that it's the same game design. Escapes are time trials. There are jumping puzzles, switch puzzles, random nameless flunkie encounters...and quicktime events whenever the story gets cinematic. Nothing in the demo was as bad as later in the first game, but really, why do I have re-fight part of a boss because I missed the 6th of 7 QTE presses?

-The other big disappointment is simply timing. Broken Bond appears to cover from the Gaara chase to the end of part one (the waterfall battle.) Not a problem by itself, right?

What does bother is is that UNS is shipping two weeks earlier, covering the same manga story period, only with arguably more impressive graphics AND some promising gameplay. (Admittedly unplayed at this point, so I guess we'll see how it turns out.)

If you only have a 360, well this may be worth a look, but I'll need to wait and see if Ubisoft exorcised some more gameplay demons before putting up 60 dollars.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Crazymoogle said:
FYI guys, the demo is out...three chunks to it:
-Escape from Konoha
-Part of the Sasuke Chase
-3rd vs. Orochimaru and
1st/2nd Hokages

Ubisoft has definitely fixed things up a bit.

Positive:
-Didn't see any of the slowdown issues from the first game. The framerate really did seem solid. That being said running quickly through town is just as problematic as before; controls are exactly the same as in the previous one.

-Text seems a lot smoother. Admittedly there wasn't much of it, but I didn't see the awkward reverse scroll junk from before. The demo is fully bilingual with subs, though the character grunts seem to be from the english dub. That could just be a demo thing.

-For anybody wondering why UNS didn't get the show music...well this is your answer, perhaps? The demo uses music almost exclusively from the show, and there are some really good ones in there. (For example, Orochimaru's theme!) If there is anything that gets me really jazzed up to play this game, the music would have to be it.

-Okay, the graphics aren't as good as UNS. They try, but really, the toon shading isn't on the same level, and there are some goofy things (citizens running through walls, the stone faces on the village cliffside, the difference between cutscene/ingame faces, etc.) But it's still remarkably solid.

-The new improvement is team play. You can now have multiple party members and switch with the dpad. Sort of like MvC or whatnot, you can fight multi-character battles and perform combos that switch you out. I didn't see any character specialties in the demo, though, and it seems all of the chakra powers outside of combat were for Naruto only. (Why do I have a feeling I have to do hand-signs to walk on water again...?)

Negative:
-My first big disappointment is that it's the same game design. Escapes are time trials. There are jumping puzzles, switch puzzles, random nameless flunkie encounters...and quicktime events whenever the story gets cinematic. Nothing in the demo was as bad as later in the first game, but really, why do I have re-fight part of a boss because I missed the 6th of 7 QTE presses?

-The other big disappointment is simply timing. Broken Bond appears to cover from the Gaara chase to the end of part one (the waterfall battle.) Not a problem by itself, right?

What does bother is is that UNS is shipping two weeks earlier, covering the same manga story period, only with arguably more impressive graphics AND some promising gameplay. (Admittedly unplayed at this point, so I guess we'll see how it turns out.)

If you only have a 360, well this may be worth a look, but I'll need to wait and see if Ubisoft exorcised some more gameplay demons before putting up 60 dollars.

All characters have their own chakra-powers. It was shown in a previous video; Shikamaru uses his shadow to reach for objects far away, Naruto can make a bridge using clones, Neji was using his vision to see traps. You use them in the journey mode.

I agree UNS not only looks practically perfect (graphics = anime, animations = anime), but also it covers all the episodes of pre-shippuden. The game looks VERY polished.

Its hard for me to get excited about pre-Shippuden Naruto at this point...

But at the same time a next gen Shippuden game wouldn't be able to even produce much gameplay with whats released in anime form right now.

harSon

Banned
Dark FaZe said:
Its hard for me to get excited about pre-Shippuden Naruto at this point...

But at the same time a next gen Shippuden game wouldn't be able to even produce much gameplay with whats released in anime form right now.

Pre Shippuden Naruto was the series high point IMO...

NeOak

Man, Naruto jumped the shark when the
3rd Hokage took more eps to die
than the 5 mins until Namek explodes.

Shi
t
ppuden feels like the Namek saga all over again in terms of pacing. Ep 44? Wow, Naruto
hit Sakura
and that dude i dont remember the name said "hey, what's up" to Orochimaru. 18 mins of filler... and Flashbacks^3

And lets not start about Bleach...

I do have Rise of a Ninja, so i'll probably check this game.

NeOak said:
Man, Naruto jumped the shark when the
3rd Hokage took more eps to die
than the 5 mins until Namek explodes.

Shi
t
ppuden feels like the Namek saga all over again in terms of pacing. Ep 44? Wow, Naruto
hit Sakura
and that dude i dont remember the name said "hey, what's up" to Orochimaru. 18 mins of filler... and Flashbacks^3

And lets not start about Bleach...

I do have Rise of a Ninja, so i'll probably check this game.
Have you seen shippuden lately? It is getting better, I don't want to spoil anything to the ones who haven't started shippuden yet but it got better.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I got to play the fighting part of it, and apart from the extra characters the fighting itself has barely changed apart from a few cosmetic things like no more freaky filter in rage mode.

le.phat

f3niks said:
1706_0004.jpg

ZOMG Spoilerzzz!!! j/k

It looks better and i may take a look at this one but the PS3 game will occupy a good chunk of my attention when it drops. The ubisoft game had a lot of nice touches (animation and audio from the show) that keep me interested in this title. Hopefully it wont have as many bugs this time around.

this particular doesn't look or feel like Naruto at all. The hidden leaf village screens look nice thoug

Top Bottom