• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NBA Live demo means new batch of glitch vids

ChanMan

QfyGKmszKdBT2.gif

only because its EA... lol i cant with these. they are entertaining

Attack on Titan meets Fifa, I will have nightmares forever...

Scanna

I things that were either old or flat out wrong in bold. Feels more fluid and quite nice is very wrong. Graphics being better is very wrong especially in gameplay. It is downright terrible in my opinion. Demo being a good return to form is also quite wrong. It's not only a poor basketball game, it's a poor game in general. It's a game that caters to the lowest skill levels with no attempts to accurately replicate the sport. Yes I played the demo and I deleted it after 20 mins. It was hot garbage.

I concur.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Looks like someone tried to make Lebron using the face scanning app.

That makes sense.

I don't know man.
If you can score 120+ pts on Superstar mode, how can anything be accurate?

The guy who made the vid had a thread on the OS forums about it, apparently he didn't even go into all the other defensive AI issues he saw aside from what he mentioned in the vid, particularly with double teams.

If the shipped game turns out like this EA needs to stop and work on their gameplay engines and what not for a few years, heck maybe even not come back till the start of next gen.

In the meantime, if they want to release NBA licensed games. Try to bring back NBA Street or something (less Homecourt more Vol 2 in terms of gameplay). Won't be a direct competitor to 2K and could take off since it's been a while.

No worries, EA can just throw more pre-release parties and make it up with marketing.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...e-relevance-at-the-nba-live-16-preview-party/

Pulling out all the stops with the Jadakiss appearance!

l2Su0dX.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
There is no truth to this.

Accurate player models.
Accurate court spacing.
Accurate play calling.
Accurate ball movement and man movement.
Accurate individual crossovers.

The game has wonky animation here and there. But if you have above avg IQ when it comes to NBA Baskeball, and not just a ability to play 2K. You can clearly see all the good things Live 16 has to offer.

And I didn't even mention how fun and challenging Summer Circuit is.

Also, the game clearly shows you who to guard without impeding the visuals. So I dunno why you bolded 3. It's just a line on the court.
You can point out accuracies all you like, the game feels awful to play.

Fjordson

I don't get why they can't seem to get it right with this series. Even beyond the hilarious glitches, the demo is terrible in a general gameplay sense. I'd rather play 2K15 and that was one of 2K's worst offerings in years.

Yet another year where 2K will eat their lunch (despite 2K kinda coasting lately with its own issues). The MyCareer mode in 2K alone is sports RPG crack and is usually good for at least 100 hours.

Top Bottom