• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Then something went bad when we error occurred :( Sorry to hear that. I think you'll have to contact Nintendo to resolve this

It's there now I didn't have my NNID linked... I see my download history.

tuffy

Why is Nintendo so fucking shit at stocking things?

God damn I am fuming.
It seems they've gotten very conservative with supply recently across just about everything. I was able to just wander in and buy a 3DS XL on launch day without any problems some years back, so people being unable to find systems at all is a pretty new development.

MicH

It's there now I didn't have my NNID linked... I see my download history.
Ah, then maybe everything transferred anyway. When you put in the micro SD card with all the data it should all be there then :) Hooefully, at least

Can I ask if people in the UK are getting cards with a PIN in the box to register their consoles? Just noticed I didn't get one but I'm not sure if we're supposed to anymore.
No PINs are included

Derpyduck

Banned
Haven't opened my N3DS yet. Can you charge via USB cable?

A normal USB cable? No. I bought a 3DS USB charging cable for 5 bucks off Amazon though. USB on one end, Nintendo proprietary connector on the other.

Anyone else hate the new stylus location? When it's on the right side of the unit I quickly and easily use it as needed and then put it back. With it on the bottom, it's much harder to get at, especially since when I use the 3DS in bed or on the couch, I rest it on a pillow.

ChiefGrim

Neo Member
Just got my Majora's Mask themed XL at target not too long ago and it is more beautiful in person! Sad part is I didn't even need to go as early as I did, luckily I wasn't alone so it wasn't too bad of a wait. It really feels way more premium built than the old XL which surprised me honestly. I just wish the bottom was matte instead of glossy like the top but not really tripping about it.
B9vSWuRCEAAYisi.jpg:large

Mob

It was a red 3DS XL and it didn't have a charger, as I said I even showed him that it said that on the box. We've never owned a charger for it. Because I didn't believe him he even showed me the comms to prove that it was genuine.

They didn't expect the original SD card, if it wasn't for me making a point about including it because I felt it was the right thing to do they wouldn't have got it. It's only 4GB so I really hope that whoever buys that 3DS actually gets the card with it.

We had to use Game as we had money on the card to go towards it.

Yep, at it's most basic I paid an extra £5 for a charger that I had to hand back in with the trade. Mo issues at all with Nintendo not giving them away, I'm actually glad they do but as I said I do have issues with being charged by Game because Nintendo don't supply them.

If it had been for me or if it was a surprise I would have just walked out but I had to grit my teeth as it was expected at home and I had no other way of getting one today.

I traded in my red 3DS XL at Game, assistant said I needed the charger, I said I didn't as the XL's didn't come with one only the standard 3DS did. He insisted I needed it so I asked for the manager, manager confirmed charger isn't required on an XL trade in.

They owe you a fiver.

Parker493

Neo Member
Question and sorry if this has been answered lol, but I owned a few games (Digital) on my old 3DS about a year ago and I traded it in not thinking I was gonna buy another one. Well of course Nintendo got me with the New 3DS so my question is if I call them is there anyway they can give me back those games? Cause I'm sure as heck not paying $40 for all them again lol

Just got my Majora's Mask themed XL at target not too long ago and it is more beautiful in person! Sad part is I didn't even need to go as early as I did, luckily I wasn't alone so it wasn't too bad of a wait. It really feels way more premium built than the old XL which surprised me honestly. I just wish the bottom was matte instead of glossy like the top but not really tripping about it.

Nice snake :p

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, then maybe everything transferred anyway. When you put in the micro SD card with all the data it should all be there then :) Hooefully, at least

No PINs are included

None of the data is actually there, but I'm able to redownload them.. :/.

I'm on the phone w/ Nintendo now. I'm on hold.

Thanks for helping!

jkh33

Gotta admit, the 3D on the N3DS XL is so much better than the original. Been playing smash bros with 3D on ever since I got it at midnight.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It seems they've gotten very conservative with supply recently across just about everything. I was able to just wander in and buy a 3DS XL on launch day without any problems some years back, so people being unable to find systems at all is a pretty new development.

I am really disliking how lately everything Nintendo is becoming F5 camping preorder site or pay scalpers.

The new 3DS is already gone in my city.

Some friggin launch covers are going for triple the price already for fucks sake.

I'm not talking about shit like special editions, I'm talking about basic stuff like the fucking console itself. And don't give me crap about production runs, they've been making this new model for over half a year already.

What is this?

I called Gamestop, ask about the N3DS, and they're like "no". I ask them when it will be available and he laughs, says he doesnt know.

OK

I don't want to go to the NWS..

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone else having severe connectivity issues with the eShop/Theme shop? Having more problems with the Theme Shop but I am getting constant error codes from trying to access anything through the network.

None of the error codes are unique either, different almost everytime and usually occur at different stages of the purchase/download process. I'm assuming servers may be getting hammered right now with the transfers and setups occurring on launch day, but am worried it may actually be a wifi fault with my system itself.

Then again during the miraculous 20th attempt to purchase MH4U and MM, they downloaded blazing quick, so it really just seems to be a problem actually navigating and getting into the shops. The Theme shop is way less stable for me right now than the eShop. Been trying to buy the Hanafuda theme for like an hour. :(

-------

Oh and the system upgrade is just alright. Not a fan of the glossy finish and the overall feel is still well below the brilliance of the DSi/DSi XL. The speedier OS is a huge upgrade though and the face-tracking 3D works but still tends to lose focus more than I expected in my few tests. Auto-brightness feels broken(3DS kept switching sporadically instead of subtley) and I just turned it off.

Monster Hunter 4U looks noticeably improved over the demo on my old 3DS XL. Definitely a noticeable framerate bump, while the textures do require a real side-by-side comparison to reveal the same 'upgrade' effect. Loading is snappier. Smash 3DS loads absurdly faster without the need to perform a bootdisk reboot.

So does the Majora's Mask N3DS come with the game pre installed? If so I fucked up no jumping on the pre order seeing as it's the same price and not more.

2 guys were so pissed a girl at target because she got there before them. They sprinted to the cashier in front of her but the cashier had seen her waiting first so helped her first. The rage was real. Get over it Bros.

Exact opposite happened to me today. I was upset at first but its just video games so lol.

GregSequential

Neo Member
Pre-ordered blue New XL on Amazon weeks ago, got a dispatch email yesterday, but nothing at all when the post guy arrived this morning... Rang Amazon and they couldn't really explain what had happened to it in transit but gave me 30 days free Amazon Plus extension along with a promise that if it doesn't arrive tomorrow they'll send another one. At least I have more GTA V campaign to get through today :(

loving the bigger screen (coming from ghetto 3ds) and the eye tracking!

expensive day! blew my wad on the ds shop
- punch out
- after burner II
- monster hunter
- snake eater
- korg dsn 12
- horse vet 3d (kidding!)

that ought to keep me busy for a while

Xtyle

A normal USB cable? No. I bought a 3DS USB charging cable for 5 bucks off Amazon though. USB on one end, Nintendo proprietary connector on the other.

Anyone else hate the new stylus location? When it's on the right side of the unit I quickly and easily use it as needed and then put it back. With it on the bottom, it's much harder to get at, especially since when I use the 3DS in bed or on the couch, I rest it on a pillow.

Ah I see...hopefully these aren't in short supplies. I also have the old XL power cable, would that would on the N3DS?

tuffy

None of the error codes are unique either, different almost everytime and usually occur at different stages of the purchase/download process. I'm assuming servers may be getting hammered right now with the transfers and setups occurring on launch day, but am worried it may actually be a wifi fault with my system itself.
To test that it's not a fault in the system itself, just point the built-in browser at a few websites. If the sites come up but the shop still gives error codes, it's not a problem with the system's wifi.

That sort of defect does seem pretty unlikely.

Derpyduck

Banned
So does the Majora's Mask N3DS come with the game pre installed? If so I fucked up no jumping on the pre order seeing as it's the same price and not more.

It comes with a picture pre-installed on the lid. That's it. Game sold separately.

Anyone else finding the 3D much easier to lock-in on side-to-side, but much harder back and forth?

Will I be able to fit at least 1 game on the standard 4 gb card?

Depends on the game, but I got quite a few retail titles on my last 3DS card. It was a 16 gig card and was only half full.

Ah I see...hopefully these aren't in short supplies. I also have the old XL power cable, would that would on the N3DS?

The old XL cable will work.

co1onel

I'm sure having it on the right side is convenient for right handed people, not so much for left handed people. I'll take bottom or top over right side any day.

Kaezul

Pre-ordered blue New XL on Amazon weeks ago, got a dispatch email yesterday, but nothing at all when the post guy arrived this morning... Rang Amazon and they couldn't really explain what had happened to it in transit but gave me 30 days free Amazon Plus extension along with a promise that if it doesn't arrive tomorrow they'll send another one. At least I have more GTA V campaign to get through today :(

How did you preorder it on Amazon? Amazon isn't selling the new 3DS. Unless you got it from one of the 3rd party sellers.

Ennosuke

I am still not sure if I should buy a new 3DS. I have the old 3DS which I bought on launch "a long time ago".

I mean of course with the faceplates, the new buttons the N3DS looks amazing. And yes the menu will be faster to handle, but besides this I don´t see any reasons besides buying something which is totally new.

I don´t like the 3D of the old 3DS, after about 5 minutes I am getting a headache. But I am not quite sure if this will still be the case with the new face tracking.

So someone want to convince me into buying a new 3ds? :D I like new stuff, haha.

GameBuddy

Neo Member
Transferred my systems fine, but now the New 3DSXL's microSD card slot won't *LOCK* the card into place. I removed the old one by pushing down and releasing it, but now neither of my microSD's will click into place.

Any advice/suggestions? Or am I doomed to open a repair order on a brand new system?

Went in and picked up my black NN3DS and majora mask I preordered at EB Games (Canada). Also, because of all the Neogafers getting monster hunter, I bought it to as well and looking forward to trying it out. Don't usually preorder but I'm glad I did this time. Off to the dentist now😔.

Top Bottom