• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Saiyan-Rox

Looks like Royal mail aren't going to deliver mine today even though it reached the depo 20 mins away this morning at 6am :/

Killer

Banned
So this probably has been asked before, i use microSD on my old XL. Do i need to do transfer through PC or just plug microSD to New 3ds and i'm good to go?

Just a little question for any of you 3DS owners that have had their machines for a while now.

I own an Ambassador version of the N3DS and today I noticed that I have a small scratch on the top screen. It's located at a point when the raised frame of the bottom screen could be in contact with the top screen. This 3DS has literally had about 3h's of total play time since I got it as I've been treating it with kid gloves.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Is this just a continuation of the screen scratching that plagued the original 3DS. To say I'm a little peeved is an understatement.

GOD DAMNIT WHY WHY CANT THEY FIX THIS

That's it. Not living through that again. Just ordered screen protectors for my New XL. (These ones.) Hopefully that'll be sufficient...

My XL scratched itself clear through the screen protector. I couldn't believe it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
My monster hunter 3ds just shipped, woot. And apparently amazon misplaced my 32gb card ;_; getting a replacement tomorrow.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I got my charging dock from Japan. Now I'm just waiting for my Majora's Mask New 3DS XL in the mail and I'm set.

RetroMG

For anyone who has it, are the screws on the New 3DS XL roughly the same size as on the regular 3DS XL? I have a screwdriver for my Pebble Steel that works on the regular 3DS XL, so I'm hoping the screws are the same size.

Canon

Banned
Got a call from EB Games yesterday saying my Skull Kid was in but they didn't have my 3DS limited edition ...

They said it "might" be in by Friday. What the fuck? I paid it off in full, they didn't even know at first I had it pre-ordered til I reminded them.

Got a call from EB Games yesterday saying my Skull Kid was in but they didn't have my 3DS limited edition ...

They said it "might" be in by Friday. What the fuck? I paid it off in full, they didn't even know at first I had it pre-ordered til I reminded them.

If I go down there and don't get my MonHun 3ds I am going to flip my fucking shit. I paid it off in full within hours of it's announcement.

Juraash

Hope I see shipping confirmation for my MH4U edition. I'm super paranoid even though I have plenty of cash in my accounts and I ordered it the within hours of it going up online. I also tend to stay away from GameStop so I have no idea how their launch day delivery stuff tends to work.

Hope I see shipping confirmation for my MH4U edition. I'm super paranoid even though I have plenty of cash in my accounts and I ordered it the within hours of it going up online. I also tend to stay away from GameStop so I have no idea how their launch day delivery stuff tends to work.

I am in the EXACT same position

I called them yesterday and they assured me that it was processed and on track for one day delivery

And yet I am still stressed out as hell since I STILL have not received my confirmation email

Timeaisis

If transferring my XL to this wasn't such a pain in the ass I'd probably get this. Ugh.

Yes I read the OP. Still a pain in the ass.

I am in the EXACT same position

I called them yesterday and they assured me that it was processed and on track for one day delivery

And yet I am still stressed out as hell since I STILL have not received my confirmation email

They will send the emails late. That kind of thing often happens with stuff that's being shipped out at the 11th hour. Check UPS myChoice. If you register your address with that service, it'll show you anything that's scheduled to be delivered to your address. I haven't heard anything from GameStop but I can see the tracking info on UPS myChoice for my MMn3DSXL since GameStop has already prepared everything for shipment.

Impala26

If transferring my XL to this wasn't such a pain in the ass I'd probably get this. Ugh.

Yes I read the OP. Still a pain in the ass.

Same... also no blue new 3DS XL... :-(

Whatever happened to color choices Nintendo? You're the guys that made the Game Boy Color available in like 30 different colors, and the GBA in a least 12-15 colors!!!

Error1355

It might be.

I would avoid Best Buy as it seems they might not even have enough to cover their in-store pre-orders.

I would look at Target - the earlier the better - and Toysrus as a backup.

Well I work until 4:30 PM tomorrow, so doubtful that I'll get to any of the stores early.

Three is a Target, Wal-Mart and a GameStop right next to each other so hopefully one of the three will still have stock. <_<

bms2993

Banned
Local GameStop only has one regular black new Nintendo 3DS XL left in stock for tomorrow.. I already own a 2DS, original 3DS, and imported Japanese new 3DS... Should I sell them and buy this one?

Corgi

Banned
Local GameStop only has one regular black new Nintendo 3DS XL left in stock for tomorrow.. I already own a 2DS, original 3DS, and imported Japanese new 3DS... Should I sell them and buy this one?

it would only be $50 out of pocket if you trade those in. The question is if you want one though?

Do you have Japanese games? If so I would sell the 2DS and original 3DS but keep the Japanese new 3DS as the systems are not region free!

The wireless microSD access doesn't work on Mac!?!?

What the fuck.

About 6 months ago I was trying to get a movie onto my USB thumb drive (or from the thumb drive to the Mac, can't remember) from a friends Macbook Air, and I was pretty amazed when it wouldn't let me.

I remembered this being an issue 15 years ago in middle school when we went to the Mac Lab to use them, but I couldn't believe there is still such a incompatibility between something as simple as USB storage.

Just got my confirm email from GS with tracking info for my MMn3DSXL.

Now I ask a favor for any braving the morning Target rush. I have a young cousin who wants the MMn3DSXL also. I have to be at work at 8 so there's no way for me to go to the store to see if I can grab one up. If there's anyone willing to pick one up for me and ship it that would be so sick...a dream I know.... but one worth fighting for! PM me if you can help please!

Can we buy the charging cradle from Play-Asia and it works for North America version n3DS?

The NA version is only the XL version.

The Japanese charging cradle will work with the NA models. Buy the LL cradle from Play-Asia or Nippan-Yasan. (XL is called LL in Japan)

Toaster05

Should just add regarding my N3DS screen scratch, I've yet to hear one person confirm to me that they have the same issue, so it could just be rotten luck on my part.

The fact the scratch is so small and it's in a place that could have direct screen contact still worries me though.

I would be very keen to know of any others that can chime in here.

Chopper

Should just add regarding my N3DS screen scratch, I've yet to hear one person confirm to me that they have the same issue, so it could just be rotten luck on my part.

The fact the scratch is so small and it's in a place that could have direct screen contact still worries me though.

We're gonna need a picture man.

Any suggestions for Micro SD cards? I'm swinging by a MicroCenter Mall today to pick one up. I plan on getting a 16 or 32. Definitely getting one with the adapter, to "preload" everything for the transfer.

Anyone recommend any brands, or cards? Should I worry if the card is not a class 10? I see a one class 4 32 gb Toshiba for 16 bucks I'm likely going to bite on. I mean, toshiba, that's name brand enough for me :D

Currently rocking the Animal Crossing XL and really struggling to decide on if I should get the New 3DS or New 3DS XL for monster hunter. Concerned about the smaller screens but then I hear it looks better because of the ppi and improved colours. Decisions decisions.

Hattori

Banned

yeah I've yet to get a scratch on my n3DS screen, the outside faceplates though are easily scuffed, at least for the black model.

BondFancy

Ughhhh hype is real, trying to hold off until NOA gets some sense and releases that sexy n3ds regular size white sku here...

kubus

We're gonna need a picture man.

Here's a pic I made:
HvA1esm.jpg
I haven't run into the issue on my Japanese N3DS which I've owned since November and I can't really see how the screen could still scratch itself as they don't touch.

daxy

Currently rocking the Animal Crossing XL and really struggling to decide on if I should get the New 3DS or New 3DS XL for monster hunter. Concerned about the smaller screens but then I hear it looks better because of the ppi and improved colours. Decisions decisions.

I was in doubt over whether or not to get a regular sized N3DS, even though I have an old XL. Tried it out at a demo station and though it looked nice, I realized I couldn't go back to a smaller screen. The extra space is really is much easier on the eyes. Might be just as jarring for you. I recommend you try it before buying.

Jeremy

Best Buy order just shipped! I ordered yesterday around noon. UPS still doesn't have any info but check your emails and order status!

T_Exige

I got my n3ds xl two hours ago, great quality compared to the old 3ds.

Can't wait to try MH and some of my older games. Hate this charging before using it for the first time.

Toaster05

Los8KyM.jpg

The image shows two marks it's actually one. Once the lid is closed it would approximately where the raised edge of the bottom screen would be I think.

There is of course the outside chance that I never noticed the scratch from day one and it's always been there but I think I would have noticed.

Like I say, it's barely been used.

Top Bottom