• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

kubus

Came back from the store just now, my haul:

haulzfqv0.jpg

I'm so ready.

Now to decide which game I should play first...

I have a weird issue -

My Zelda 4 swords (ambassador game) is stored on my 3DS memory instead of the SD card. I'm afraid this won't transfer when I pull the card and put it in my new 3DS (I'm using micro SD w/ adapter now)

I thought maybe I could just delete it and redownload...but going through my download history it says that 4 swords is not available at this time.

Is there any way to just copy the game onto my SD card so it transfers?

Thanks in advance if anyone has a clue!

misterck

Anybody know of any stores I will be able to grab one of these from at midnight in the UK? My local Game isn't doing a midnight opening.

Also little pre-warning to those buying the white SKU, from a video I watched on YouTube these seem to discolou, vid I watched the guys white n3ds looked pretty creamy/yellow.

NEW 3DS vs. NEW 3DS XL - Ultimate Comparison!: http://youtu.be/_wlUnR8DfDU

Skip to 4:09 in the vid to see it...

I have a feeling I won't be able to find one of these tomorrow.

I got the same feeling. Going to try my luck at Walmart at midnight tonight. Will probably try some other stores tomorrow morning if that doesn't work out. Hopefully there's a good supply of systems out there.

npa189

Boy did we get hosed by NoA. I would have gotten the smaller one just for the faceplates, also EU gets Majora pre-installed on those systems? what the hell?

kubus

Boy did we get hosed by NoA. I would have gotten the smaller one just for the faceplates, also EU gets Majora pre-installed on those systems? what the hell?
That's a bad thing tbh. I like my games physical, especially when they have such gorgeous artwork and I bought the LE. So now I have an unused downloaded copy on my 3DS that I paid €30 extra for and can't even sell.

Just took my 3DSXL in to the nearest Gamestop to try to get the $100 trade-in deal.

I don't have a preorder and I didn't expect they'd have any preorders left, but I still thought I'd be able to trade in my XL and use the credit when they get back in stock. I don't need this thing immediately.

But they wouldn't even accept the trade-in. The employee said the deal is only good for an actual preorder or purchased unit by the 15th. So if they don't get any more units in stock by Sunday, I'm SOL.

Does this sound right? I've had numerous experiences with Gamestop employees who didn't know what the hell they're talking about, so I'm not entirely sure.

Expecting to walk into Bestbuy tomorrow after work and grab a black N3DSXL and Monster Hunter 4. I hope that's not too crazy of an expectation, but reading this thread has me feeling a bit unsure.

Just took my 3DSXL in to the nearest Gamestop to try to get the $100 trade-in deal.

I don't have a preorder and I didn't expect they'd have any preorders left, but I still thought I'd be able to trade in my XL and use the credit when they get back in stock. I don't need this thing immediately.

But they wouldn't even accept the trade-in. The employee said the deal is only good for an actual preorder or purchased unit by the 15th. So if they don't get any more units in stock by Sunday, I'm SOL.

Does this sound right? I've had numerous experiences with Gamestop employees who don't know what the hell they're talking about, so I'm not entirely sure.

Sounds right.

KevinG

Both the MM n3DS XL (from Gamestop) and the MM LE (from Amazon) are on there way for delivery tomorrow!

No more sweatin'.

Well, I will sweat until they're safely delivered.

Pinkuss

Mine came today (EU small version). Oddly Nintendo/The Hut dispatched the coverplate seperately. Overall feels lovely and the improved 3D is nice.

Now just have to wait for my housemate to get back to can transfer the data from my old XL I sold to him. First game I'm playing is Links Awakening whilst in bed tonight.

Jashobeam

I'm picking up the Monster Hunter new 3DS XL tomorrow at 9am, can't wait to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate all weekend! Feels like Christmas again lol

kunonabi

Where did you buy them? I wanted the plain red ones for my black n3DS, but apparently Nintendo isn't going to sell them in Europe, which is nonsense as usual. I just don't feel the various themed cover, just wanted red on black :(

I had to get mine off ebay since I couldnt find the orange ones anywhere else. Playasia should have a decent selection but im not sure on their pricing.

also the orange theme with n3ds insides:

kubus

Is that stand getting released in america? Or do I need to import that also?

Page 4 and nobody reads the OP anymore lol

No it's not being released in america, at least not for now. You can import one from Europe or Japan, links are in the OP

I am really hoping that Target will have the red 3ds xl tomorrow so I can go and pick it up..get double trade in value for my old system and do a minimal system transfer in the store..otherwise I dont know how this can be done. The only way to do any kind of system transfer is to have the new system as well? Maybe I will beg someone at Target today to hold one for me LOL

alexein

So i must have the only faulty one, i put my sd in after the transfer and the doesnt stay inside it jumps out by itself.
What can i do?

kingwingin

I'm very tempted to pick this system up but im wondering if there are any rumours to a 3ds2?

220 is a solid chunk of change to me and I want this system to last for awhile.

npa189

That's a bad thing tbh. I like my games physical, especially when they have such gorgeous artwork and I bought the LE. So now I have an unused downloaded copy on my 3DS that I paid €30 extra for and can't even sell.

Well we all can't have that LE, here in the US nintendo products might as well be made of solid gold and are scalped to oblivion.

Juraash

Finally got shipping comfirmation from GameStop in my MH4U bundle. I'm super relieved that I didn't run into any errors or random cancelations. This weekend shall be filled with glorious hunting.

Came back from the store just now, my haul:

haulzfqv0.jpg

I'm so ready.

Now to decide which game I should play first...

My advice: Monster Hunter!

Reasoning: Now is the best time to play due to the online component. It seems like you got it early (unless you're in a place where it's already past midnight), so you can get a bit of a head start too over other players. Get your first good weapon/armor set and head online for good hunting!

Also, so happy Gamestop shipped my order out. Tomorrow will be a great day. :)

Just got my first ever 3ds. Loving it apart from one thing. Oh my got is the analoge stick bad. It's just ever so slightly stiff when moving it in certain areas. Frustrating as hell. Just not smooth at all. Other than that I think it's amazing. First time experiencing the 3d which was way better than I expected

Zalman

I'd like something clarified: I plan on transferring my stuff to my new machine, but I don't want to upgrade the MicroSD that comes with it. That means I don't need a screwdriver, right?

Chopper

Just got my first ever 3ds. Loving it apart from one thing. Oh my got is the analoge stick bad. It's just ever so slightly stiff when moving it in certain areas. Frustrating as hell. Just not smooth at all. Other than that I think it's amazing. First time experiencing the 3d which was way better than I expected
Whilst I don't want to worry you, that doesn't sound right...

Damn, that's a bummer.

Oh well. Unless they extend the promotion I'll just pick up this thing sometime in the future. I'm not dying to get it at launch.

Same here, and I still cannot believe the one title that is for this system won't be out until April, that seems insane. But Nintendo.

Mii

Banned
Apparently there is a line at least to 6th avenue already at Nintendo World.

Guess I can forget any chance of getting the MMN3DS or the LE Majora's Mask.

Ordered charger, screen protector and 64GB card from Play-Asia.
For some reason the US New 3DS pre-order price is much more expensive with them, odd. ($269)

Gamestop in my area won't have it in stock for anyone for the midnight launch.. ugh. I just want one before the 16th so I can enjoy that Atlus sale. :(*

Does the charging stand work with USB? Or does it require the AC adapter?

misterck

I think its supposed to be stiff its purely for incremental changes to camera angles/ directional attacks etc and not really for lightning fast accuracy in shooters.

The nub?

It's definitely on the stuff side.

No the left stick. Not sure what you guys call it. It could just be me being used to console controls for so long and jumping to this type of stick is just throwing me off. Like it feels really weird and not smooth when moving the stick to the right because my thumb seems to put pressure on it due to how I have to hold it making it not so smooth. Hard to describe lol /shrug

No the left stick. Not sure what you guys call it. It could just be me being used to console controls for so long and jumping to this type of stick is just throwing me off. Like it feels really weird and not smooth when moving the stick to the right because my thumb seems to put pressure on it due to how I have to hold it making it not so smooth. Hard to describe lol /shrug

My bad.

Yeah, that shouldn't be stiff.

Well they are paying more for the system since it includes the game, so it's not like that's a "win" for them or anything.

misterck

DagsJT just buy them in singles, customs charges only apply to goods over the value of £18 and the faceplates should only cost around £10-£12.

My bad.

Yeah, that shouldn't be stiff.

Well I've just put it down and lightly moved the stick and It's perfectly smooth. But the way I have to hold it (maybe I just have large hands lol) I end up putting a bit of pressure down on the stick and once I do that I lose a degree of smoothness to it. I probably just have to adjust to using this thing. It's my first Nintendo Handheld since the Gameboy Colour so it's most likely me just holding the thing too damn tight haha.

Top Bottom