• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

maxcriden

You're way too optimistic. I was september camp, but I'm thinking more January now.

Nintendo nor its competitors have never revealed a console two months before release. I think 5-6 months is the minimum. I also don't think there will be another delay, so, October at the latest is where I'm guessing we'll see the reveal. Like you, I think the holiday season itself is a potentially unwise time to reveal.

jmizzal

Is a 3DS Direct the right place to announce a 3DS successor?

MS announced Xbox one S and then announced Scorpio, while still selling Xbox ones, so dont give me that they cant announce NX because they have to sell 3DS's and WiiU's stuff

Akiller

EXCLUSIVE: The NX will not be shown on September 1st at 16:00 CEST.

Useless, people will still tune in hoping for NX news.

Alongside the New Leaf patch which will add Amiibo support they will announce:

Amiibo support for unlockable Mii skins in Pilotwings Resort
Amiibo support for unlockable Mii skins in Mario Kart 7
Amiibo support to refill your arrow in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D
Amiibo support to add Amiibo sticker moves in Sticker Star

Still no Bayonetta amiibo news

Thank you for watching !

If it weren't for the lack of communication at times the more fun things they do wouldn't come off as trite or tone deaf.

You took the words out of my mouth. Have they even acknowledged the existence of the NX to the public appart from "Shhh, we won't talkin about it, shhhhhh".

I doubt they'll ever be able to reach the expectations they (volontarily or not) created.

So the Eurogamer leaks was wrong? No NX reveal in september...

This in no way confirms that.

Don't expect anything NX related in this direct, like they said they will not discuss or reveal it. At the very most (and I don't expect this) they may give a date for the NX reveal at the end, but again I really doubt that.

I wanna see some Detective Pikachu though, especially now that a movie is confirmed.

maxcriden

Is a 3DS Direct the right place to announce a 3DS successor?

Don't expect anything NX related, except maybe an announcement of the reveal date at absolute best. The promotional text for this Direct says NX won't be revealed or discussed.

So the Eurogamer leaks was wrong? No NX reveal in september...

Or, in theory, they could be getting the last of the 3DS news/announcements out of the way (along with that price cut, right boys?) on the 1st, so that they have room to do their NX reveal at the end of the month.

I mean, you could reveal a new handheld and then LATER announce new games and a price cut for the old system, but it's better to get it out of the way first.

There's room at the end of September still. I wouldn't call that definitively dead unless we hit TGS with no news of an announcement date.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is where the Mario Galaxy 3DS port gets announced. I can feel it.

Also, if I don't finally get Picross 3D 2 I'm going to be unhappy.

PMS341

3DS and Wii U will still get support in 2017...

3DS? Probably. Wii U? Incredibly doubtful.

When the Wii launched, only 5 GC games were released the next year, all third party. The last major release game on the system was Twilight Princess, which of course was ported to the Wii in a near-simultaneous release.

Things are starting to look a bit familiar, no?

Peléo

1FgfcqP.gif

marmoka

Banned
I got hyped in a milisecond for nothing.

Get ready for a Direct full of Pokemon SM. And they will please ask us to buy the latest mediocre Metroid (LOL) game starring Tanabe with his knees on the floor saying "Please buy it! Please!". Boring Direct incoming I'm afraid.

But they could still give the final date of SMT IV Apocalypse in Europe. And the NX announcement date.

Hyyyype!!

Make sense I guess, all of 1 Wii U title is coming out soon and looks to be the last aside from Zelda, and the 3DS has some titles too. Better get them out of the way now. They really need to reveal the NX this month. They don't have a lot of time left.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Come to think about it, this direct basically indicates that one less hurdle before the NX reveal. Nintendo still needs to sell its 3DS games, and they will be overshadowed by the NX. So they need to show those 3DS games first before showing the NX to the public.

Yeah, it's like I said earlier as well.
This Direct is a good way of showing to 3DS owners and potential future customers the already announced upcoming lineup of content and some brand new stuff at one place (...dare I say once for all?), including some major Holiday news like a potential price cut. All so they can start, outside of already announced content they keep on promoting, to focus a bigger amount of their attention to what's next, i.e. the NX.

It could be seen as one of those pre-E3 Directs that announce some stuff before the "main" dish at the E3 itself. It actually happened back in 2013 and 2015.

My biggest thing I would love is for Mother 3 to be announced for Wii U/New 3DS VC!

Please let this be it! And before someone says "it's only 3DS only", Nintendo has done it plenty of times where they say one thing and still show other things.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Cool, been needing more Poke info. They've been spoiling us recently with all the new mon, so I've been getting drawbacks since Crabrawler. I need something, anything!

emb

Nintendo please ;~;

I hope they announce another Direct at the end for like mid September-ish.

Anyway, I am excited to see any potential new Pokemon, possibly more info on that Grezzo RPG.

asagami_

Banned
This is literally the first day of September.

There's still 29 more left afterwards for them to reveal it.

Yeah I don't know why many think this suggest there is not going to be a NX direct this month. Actually the date does the contrary, because it's highly probable at the middle or end of the month is going to be another announce, and the 3DS direct need to be too much earlier thanks to this.

Kadin

Are they really that worried about other people stealing the tech they're using in NX to wait on revealing anything about it? Or are they doing it to build the typical hype? This waiting is getting ridiculous.

RK128

Bets for Nintendo Direct:
-Dragon Quest 8 Release Date (NA/EU) Announced
-Yokai-Watch Game announced for localization
-Dragon Ball Fusions Announced for localization
-Amiibo-Centric 3DS game announced for 3DS
-Monster Hunter Stories announced for localization; releasing Early 2017 & its line of Amiibos coming over
-Nintendo spends long time showing off more announced/released games on the 3DS (Pokemon Sun & Moon, ect)
-Nintendo shows new trailer for Paper Mario: Color Splash & a overview trailer showing off Wii U line-up for the fall

After event, Nintendo states "Our NX platform will be shown off later this month through a livestream/Nintendo Direct on X. Thank you for your time."

Could be dead wrong on all of these but hopeful some of those announcements/localizations happen :).

Dr. Buni

Makes sense to say since we'll get a Direct for 3DS,no NX for September.
Remember guys, there never was two directs in the same month :/
They don't need to necessarily announce the NX in a Direct, though. And there is a first for everything, meibe they will do to Directs next month, for the first time.

Top Bottom