• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Selects (3DS/Wii/Wii U) Announced

Sweet that Pikmin 3 is getting reprinted, interesting that they're reprinting Wii games at all though. I guess they still sell?

Expect mario all stars to sell boat loads

We should get them, I think. I doubt this is for Canada only.

Besides pricing is it not Nintendo North America anyhow. Has there every been a game released by them that wasn't available in one territory but in the other?

We should get them, I think. I doubt this is for Canada only.

Yeah, there's no way this comes out in Canada but not in the US. We can also assume that the March 11th release date will be for both Canada and the US, I hope?

How does this reprint affect the market on vanilla Pikmin 3? Will it go down significantly, or will it stay for the folks who want that original goodness cover? I don't mind the greatest hits border too much, so I'm just going to get this reprint, but I wouldn't mind getting the original instead if a used copy was, say, 30 bucks instead of 80.

Coolluck

Yes! I've been wanting to get Super Mario 3D World for cheap. I will finally get to play it. Surprised the Wii and 3DS titles aren't $20.

Anth0ny

Wii games? In 2016?

We're going to have new Wii games on shelves when NX drops.

also if you're a crazy person that hasn't played Galaxy 2 yet, there is now no fucking excuse. Tropical Freeze too.

TheJoRu

That three of the Select-titles are Donkey Kong-games is obviously to drum up excitement for the announcement that Retro Studios is working on the final instalment in their
fucking
Donkey Kong Country trilogy.

:p

TheMoon

I feel sorry for those of you thinking the All-Stars reprint includes the bonus stuff from the original release.

Yeah, it'll definitely just be the game disc. It probably doesn't even include the booklet, since that was in the case with the soundtrack CD.

I'd like to know if they reused the UPC that's on the inner case of the original release or if they used a new one. I think all previous NS reissues have used distinct UPCs, but the SMAS inner case was never officially sold separately.

It should still include the instruction manual though, I hope...

VGP+ removed the page and listings from the website and deleted the tweet. I wonder what's up.

RJn4o1m.jpg

Tevious

I wonder why Skyward Sword isn't in there. Copies of that are hard to find. I guess it's possible they're saving it for the next HD remake?

Edit: It's getting a VC release?

VGP+ removed the page and listings from the website and deleted the tweet. I wonder what's up.

Considering no other retailer or Nintendo PR has even mentioned it, either it's fake or they jumped the gun.

Fishy as heck either way. Why Canada first? Why the same price across the board? Why that particular selection of games?

Shizuka

Considering no other retailer or Nintendo PR has even mentioned it, either it's fake or they jumped the gun.

Fishy as heck either way. Why Canada first? Why the same price across the board? Why that particular selection of games?

I don't think it's a fake. I think Nintendo was likely saving that announcement for an upcoming Nintendo Direct.

dpunk3

Skyward Sword is apparently only getting a Virtual Console release (leaked alongside TP HD).

I wonder what they'll do about the Wii Motion Plus requirements Skyward Sword had. I know of next to nobody who has a WiiU and a Wii Mote. If they did, they'd just get the original SS for Wii.

Ridley327

What really has me curious is that they didn't reprint any DS games - I can't imagine that Wii games do that much better, let alone better at all.

It's probably as simple as not having any production lines open anymore for DS game cards, while they still have them open for Wii game discs. They've been putting out a lot of copies of NSMB Wii and Brawl for years now.

kswiston

Our dollar is dogshit dude. We live in an age of $80 games.

$30 is the new $20.

You can still get OOT 3d for $40 in some stores so the discount on that one is pretty small. The 3ds games in general should have been $25.

The Wii U games are a good price. I will definitely be grabbing Pikmin 3. I hope that New Super Mario Bros U joins the lineup soon.

Ms.Galaxy

They seriously don't believe people are willing to pay 20-30 dollars solely for a SNES rom on a DVD for an obsolete console in 2016, do they? I find putting it on the Wii U Virtual Console charge us 15 dollars is pushing it but it's more acceptable than the former.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
They seriously don't believe people are willing to pay 20-30 dollars solely for a SNES rom on a DVD for an obsolete console in 2016, do they? I find putting it on the Wii U Virtual Console charge us 15 dollars is pushing it but it's more acceptable than the former.

The first edition sold out quickly and became an expensive collector item. This print won't sell as quickly because of the lack of artbook, but I can guarantee it will sell well enough and eventually be worth quite a lot on the collector market.

TheJoRu

I don't think it's a fake. I think Nintendo was likely saving that announcement for an upcoming Nintendo Direct.

That's not really Nintendo Direct-material. But indeed, probably not fake; it's likely because they are going out with it on PR channels later, and wasn't supposed to be announced now. Having pre-orders open then is kinda bad business behaviour, because it's unfair to other retailers who are actually following Nintendo's instructions.

Ms.Galaxy

The first edition sold out quickly and became an expensive collector item. This print won't sell as quickly because of the lack of artbook, but I can guarantee it will sell well enough and eventually be worth quite a lot on the collector market.

I just looked online and the original 25th limited edition goes for around 60 to 100 dollars brand new. I agree that this print will be worth more in the future, but I honestly think it won't be worth that much.

VGP was who had Xenoblade reprinted. They still have stock last I checked.

That doesn't add up. First, VGP is charging 99.99 CAD (~72 USD) per copy, which is more than GameStop is (64.99 USD). GameStop's copies are labeled, on their site, "GameStop Exclusive," even after the reprint. Also, the Metroid Prime Trilogy non-Steelbook reprint happened at the same time and copies only seemed to be coming from GameStops.

Edit: Maybe you're thinking of GameQuestDirect or some other retailer that is known for commissioning and carrying reprinted rare titles?

Top Bottom