• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Selects (3DS/Wii/Wii U) Announced

mrmickfran

Why does the Animal Crossing case have the Wi-fi logo if the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection is shut down?

Also, $30 for 3D World? Desperate times for Nintendo.

Nice! They should reprint some of the older Wii selects too, Pikmin 2 is really hard to find nowadays.

Btw OOT3D seems to have gotten a fresh non-Selects reprint recently because every Best Buy I've been to lately has a bunch of them.

Eyothrie

I actually just realized that this is Canadian pricing, so these should be $20 in the US, which would make a lot more sense.

In that case, everything is getting a price drop, and that means SMAS doesn't look nearly as silly without the goodies.

Have any previous Nintendo Selects been less than 29.99 in the US? I saw Galaxy at Best Buy earlier today, and it was 29.99

Ridley327

Have any previous Nintendo Selects been less than 29.99 in the US? I saw Galaxy at Best Buy earlier today, and it was 29.99

That doesn't sound right. It's on their website brand new for $20.

I don't think Nintendo has used a $30 price tag for their greatest hits lines since the Gamecube.

-shadow-

What about us PAL folk? Will this eventually hit here too?

Was Mario All Stars for the Wii a 50hz abomination or did Nintendo treat us right on the Wii?

Nothing confirmed as of yet I guess. And All Stars was the original 50Hz ROM.. So even if it does get a re-release here, you can just skip it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Phew, sold my Zelda OOT 3D cart just in time! That thing was going for an incredible amount due to low supply. Guess they will have an easier chance now.

Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii receiving a reprint in 2016 is surreal to me.

Regardless, it's awesome that now people will have a better chance of experiencing awesome games like Pikmin without shelling out an arm and a leg. Hopefully my copy with the original packaging will still be valuable though, heh.

Ahem...

They are not going to sell Pikmin 3 or 3D WOrld for 20 US. Or the 3DS games for 20.

It is a valid concern. Or at the least understand that the WIi U/3DS games might confuse people in terms of the actual US pricing.

If all are 20 like you suggest, then Nintendo have just sold a lot of games to one person XD

maxcriden

Now that I think about it, there's a pretty good chunk of the lineup here that hasn't actually gone down in price at all.

DKCR: has been $30 officially since one of the Nintendo Selects waves where SSBB got reduced to $30, as well (second wave, maybe?)
DKCR3D: launched at $30
SMAS: launched at $30, and with physical goodies like a (rather shitty) anniversary CD and a booklet
NES Remix Pack: launched at $30

These are the Canadian prices, FWIW. American will likely be cheaper.

These are the Canadian prices, FWIW. American will likely be cheaper.
Are people not bothered at all on how much behind NOA seems to be in everything these days? We got this big news from the Canada branch no less and it's causing a bit of confusion XD

Take for example Twilight Princess HD. The best marketing efforts are been done by the Europe branch of NIntendo be it giving away early review copies, social networks or better produced videos and trailers.

What is keeping NOA so busy these days?

mrmickfran

Are people not bothered at all on how much behind NOA seems to be in everything these days? We got this big news from the Canada branch no less and it's causing a bit of confusion XD

Take for example Twilight Princess HD. The best marketing efforts are been done by the Europe branch of NIntendo be it giving away early review copies, social networks or better produced videos and trailers.

What is keeping NOA so busy these days?

But we have Nintendo Minute!

It's never a minute.

Kouriozan

Hopefully, this'll make Donkey Kong TF reach 1M sales.
Edit : read too fast, just Canada, wonder if other region will do it.

notaskwid

Wii games?

MQdHmuc.gif

Madao

what an odd selection. only 2 games get the real benefit of a reprint due to their rareness.
there's some games in there that look like repackaged leftover stock.

also, reprinting wii games this late is weird.

Brilliant timing. I really, really need to buy a Wii U this year. I can see myself buying half of those games. I feel like this year will be dry for PC games that I like so Nintendo could fill the niche.

J@hranimo

Banned
Cool cool. Maybe I'll finally go out of my way and purchase both DKCR games.
Sorry NintendoGAF I have failed you D:

Also looks like a good reason to reprint Pikmin 3 since probably on the eve of Pikmin 4 for NX...;)

what an odd selection. only 2 games get the real benefit of a reprint due to their rareness.
there's some games in there that look like repackaged leftover stock.

also, reprinting wii games this late is weird.
Let's see both DKR games (3DS and Wii) while not rare per se were going higher in value, so the supply was diminished significantly. Then you have the obvious Pikmin and Zelda. Zelda did seem to get a reprint, yet you see the game in lots of places going over or equal to 40 depending on condition.

What do you find odd about the Wii reprints? Those are classic games, just like we see re releases of classics in other mediums like literature, film, etc. Also there's substantial demand for many of those titles.

Speaking of which, it's strange that there hasn't been an Skyward Sword reprint, since it seems a bit pricy in the places i' ve checked.

maxcriden

There's no Nintendo of Canada, is there? I was under the impression they didn't have their own separate large marketing branch to the point where they would create an exclusive Selects line that NOA wouldn't get. Maybe I'm mistaken in thinking this, though,

cocopuffs

Banned
There's no Nintendo of Canada, is there? I was under the impression they didn't have their own separate large marketing branch to the point where they would create an exclusive Selects line that NOA wouldn't get. Maybe I'm mistaken in thinking this, though,
There is, NOCL.

jph139

Shit, I just bought 3D World like a month ago.

Oh well, a Pikmin 3 reprint is good news. Definitely on my radar.

OoT has always been plentiful in Canada (there was a time when resellers were snatching up copies here to flip in the US). The bad dollar has actually increased the price to $45 recently. Now it's going to drop to $30.

I have a digital copy of Tropical Freeze but I'm tempted to get a physical copy and free up some space on my Wii U.

If Nintendo is reading this, please, reprint Xenoblade for Wii. This thing is a rarity and expensive as hell if you find it. A reprint would be a godsend.

I was late to the Pikmin 3 bandwagon and it was hard as fuck to find it here back then. I was so happy when I got my copy right before it really disappeared and then I played it and the game truly is terrific. Don't miss it this time around if you don't own it yet.

Top Bottom