• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Selects (3DS/Wii/Wii U) Announced

Can we expect eShop price drops to go with this?

Yeah actually, thats definitely what happened when a few other 3DS and Wii U games got price dropped some time ago and Im pretty sure it happened when Europe got its newest Nintendo Selects a few months ago.

Ridley327

The SMAS reprint is hilarious since it's the same price, yet without all the 25th anniversary goodies. Dat evergreen presence.

That being said, I am so glad Pikmin 3 is finally back in print. More people need to play this awesome, awesome game.

The SMAS reprint is hilarious since it's the same price, yet without all the 25th anniversary goodies. Dat evergreen presence.

That being said, I am so glad Pikmin 3 is finally back in print. More people need to play this awesome, awesome game.
I just wish All Stars and DKCR would come to eshop.

oti

Banned
Bought Pikmin 3 at launch and played it but it was the most stressful gaming experience I ever had so I stopped and sold the game.

I am a terrible human being.

rIIojXv.jpg
IEuAMAd.jpg

R1k6Hr6.jpg
ViSsLsJ.jpg

kniJZRI.jpg
IA9N6j2.jpg

ovIwvj7.jpg
iQFWcRn.jpg

bBEkFtY.jpg
hGKFtLG.jpg

uE2wIWd.jpg
Qgv6kOi.jpg

Yeah all but AC are just mock-ups. Are these legit NS titles or are VGP faking these?

Bought Pikmin 3 at launch and played it but it was the most stressful gaming experience I ever had so I stopped and sold the game.

I am a terrible human being.

Because of the time limit? Outside of one very specific mission toward the middle of the game, you should be able to outstrip any distinct possibility of running out of time pretty quickly once you get going. Do your best early on and you'll feel a lot better later on.

oti

Banned
Because of the time limit? Outside of one very specific mission toward the middle of the game, you should be able to outstrip any distinct possibility of running out of time pretty quickly once you get going.

I don't know. I felt like every second I didn't do something to reach the goal was a wasted second. Felt like the game was running away from me if that makes sense. I can't stand RTS games. So I guess that's that.

Ridley327

Now that I think about it, there's a pretty good chunk of the lineup here that hasn't actually gone down in price at all.

DKCR: has been $30 officially since one of the Nintendo Selects waves where SSBB got reduced to $30, as well (second wave, maybe?)
DKCR3D: launched at $30
SMAS: launched at $30, and with physical goodies like a (rather shitty) anniversary CD and a booklet
NES Remix Pack: launched at $30

Also, since Animal Crossing CF is a reprint, why not reprint all the other NS Wii games, especially Pikmin 2? :(

They should also add games like Pikmin 1 and Jungle Beat to the list. :(

Caffeine

damn its a shame nintendo delisted refurb wii u's on their store was planning to get one next week. and these select games were some of the titles i was eyeing.

MarkusRJR

Excited to finally get a hold of the Super Mario All Stars Wii port. Also, Pokémon 3 being there is nice. I already have a copy but I'm pretty sure it's been out of print and rare for a while now.

WTF is the deal with NES Remix's pricing though. That's literally the same price as the original physical release. Actually, with CAD pricing it'll cost more.

I don't know. I felt like every second I didn't do something to reach the goal was a wasted second. Felt like the game was running away from me if that makes sense. I can't stand RTS games. SO I guess that's that.

Oh.

If you're not playing the challenge stages, I think you can more or less approach Pikmin 3 like an adventure game with RTS elements. Especially once you've gotten a few pieces of fruit under your belt. No need to try to optimize everything if you're a first-timer; just make sure you don't squander all your juice without getting any new fruit, and try not to lose all your Pikmin.

Miker

I miss the simple yellow Player's Choice banner from the GameCube era, none of this giant border and shiny gold sticker business.

I'm glad Nintendo's starting to do this for Wii U & 3DS games. Didn't Nintendo start the Nintendo Selects near the end of the Wii's life?

Also, reprint for Pikmin 3!
Ugly reprint for Pikmin 3, but still pretty cool. More people should buy it so we get Pikmin 5!

Yoshi doesn't deserve to be among those other games, same with Mario Party. DKC3D is one of the best 3Ds games though, so buy that too.

lord

Those covers look really bad, makes it look like a tacky theatre or something, I don't like it at all, but fuck it, cheap 3D World, won't complain.

Ridley327

I just realized that the Wii U eshop version of Mario Galaxy 2 is $19.99. I owned that version since it was first on sale in the eshop.

I actually just realized that this is Canadian pricing, so these should be $20 in the US, which would make a lot more sense.

In that case, everything is getting a price drop, and that means SMAS doesn't look nearly as silly without the goodies.

Ridley327

If I were to get DKCR, should I get the Wii version, or the 3DS version?

It's kind of a pick your poison situation. Wii version has all the graphical bells and whistles (including 60 fps), but you're forced to use the Wiimote to roll. 3DS has entirely all button inputs for all actions and an extra world, but the graphics took a hit and is 30 fps, which is not a great situation for any platformer.

VegiHam

Thing is, if it were EU and the region wasn't in the title you'd have US users shitting on the OP.

Exactly. That's why everyone should put the region in the title. Always gunna suck for someone if you don't. Americans shouldn't get away with it either.

Ridley327

NoA seems to be in a reprinting kind of mood lately. Between these, the quiet little reprint they did for FE:A, the Bayonetta 2 solo release and even throwing out more copies of Devil's Third, they might be willing to do a little more than we've expected from them in the past.

...unless it involves the FE:F SE, that is.

PillarEN

What about us PAL folk? Will this eventually hit here too?

Was Mario All Stars for the Wii a 50hz abomination or did Nintendo treat us right on the Wii?

I actually just realized that this is Canadian pricing, so these should be $20 in the US, which would make a lot more sense.

In that case, everything is getting a price drop, and that means SMAS doesn't look nearly as silly without the goodies.
Nice catch! Some of these are even more enticing to me now. Just hope we can get all those Wii games on the eshop for digital purchase(the ones that haven't been release there yet).

Top Bottom