• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New order 1886 pre-order trailer (new footage)

Elginer

KHfW0QG.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"1866" :p

Anyway calling it now: One of the main characters will turn into a half-breed and you have to kill him or her.

Loakum

Banned
A Boogie sighting! Nice trailer....even though it had cringe-worthy moments (some of the comments) "someone living in the 1800s having a weapon of the 3,000s..."

finalflame

Gold Member
Damn. This is the first video I've seen that makes this game look really appealing. I might just pick it up if the reviews hold up and the quick look sells me on it.

But I'm absolutely not pre-ordering for some BS costumes and weapons.

This strikes me as one of those games where I'm gonna have to suffer through some bog standard, straight up annoying gameplay just cause I'm in it for the visuals and interesting plot.

Those reactions made me cut the video off. I'm excited about the Order but whoever made the decision to include fan reactions should be fired. Especially when most of it is generalizations.

"I never seen the 1800s wit an electric gun from like the 3 thousands" ugh!!!

I'd argue the fake P.T. reactions were worse.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Those reactions made me cut the video off. I'm excited about the Order but whoever made the decision to include fan reactions should be fired. Especially when most of it is generalizations.

"I never seen the 1800s wit an electric gun from like the 3 thousands" ugh!!!

It's just a trailer...lol...

I'd argue the fake P.T. reactions were worse.

Horror games get a pass cause.....cause.....

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Damn. This is the first video I've seen that makes this game look really appealing. I might just pick it up if the reviews hold up and the quick look sells me on it.

But I'm absolutely not pre-ordering for some BS costumes and weapons.
I was scared there for a second but there aren't actually any weapons behind the pre-order incentive.

GameStop probably gets the red skin, Amazon the yellow, Best buy the blue and all that shit.

That HUD is atrosious. For the cinematic look they're going for, having a giant silhouette of the gun you're using in the corner of the screen is very immersion breaking. They should've done it like Uncharted 4, very subtle.

ShutterMunster

Just when I thought I was falling off the hype train. Still not preordering, but I will probably pick it up first week, unless the reviews are atrocious.

Extremely excited for this one, but it's one of those game that I have to wait for reviews to jump on the train.
And those shinobi fucking teases man...
Oh and boogie.

Loakum

Banned
In fairness, those folks (except for Boogie) probably had no experience being in front of a camera, and being asked to state an reaction. It was cringe-worthy, but that's to be expected in most fan reaction videos. Anyway, Naughty Dog has some real competition in the console graphics department.Call me crazy, but The Order 1886's early demo graphics looks better than Uncharted 4's early demo graphics. It's gonna be interesting to see how both final products turn out.

GooWop

Im soo hype for this game, it was cool seeing Galahad with the arc rifle too!

Upgraded to the CE edition couple of days ago with a gift card my ex bought me, thanks babe :)

GeoramA

Those visuals, goddamn. Takes me back to 2010 and being blown away after seeing God of War III in its finished state.

In fairness, those folks (except for Boogie) probably had no experience being in front of a camera, and being asked to state an reaction. It was cringe-worthy, but that's to be expected in most fan reaction videos. Anyway, Naughty Dog has some real competition in the console graphics department.Call me crazy, but The Order 1886's early demo graphics looks better than Uncharted 4's early demo graphics. It's gonna be interesting to see how both final products turn out.

Well to be fair technically The Order runs at a lower native resolution despite retaining the same pixel density.

You're not crazy. The Order looks nigh on CGI. U4 just looks like the natural evolution of a Uncharted game. Pretty, but still a game. I'll wait for a price drop, or try to rent it somehow cause the visuals do look amazing.

is there time travel stuff in this game, or am i fucking crazy. I could have swore I remember hearing about time travel in this game at one point, but have never seen anything about it

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Looks very impressive. Going to be hard to wait on this one. I hope there isn't a day 1 review embargo, or at least some player impressions get leaked out.

Hell, I'm going to put the stache avatar back on.

finalflame

Gold Member
I was scared there for a second but there aren't actually any weapons behind the pre-order incentive.

GameStop probably gets the red skin, Amazon the yellow, Best buy the blue and all that shit.

Good to hear. I care even less about costumes.

That said, it would make sense for BB to get the yellow.

taizuke

Shout out to J-Tight (The Tester). Glad to see him there.

Trailer is almost making me want to pre-order now.

Ishan

hyped. But dont like the endless blackwater . Isnt that supposed to be like bullet time/ heal wtf woudl you give endless heals / bullettime as a preorder. its like a free cheat.

Adaren

This trailer would be so much better without the random guys rambling on with generic and empty praise.

The game looks good graphically, but the decision for commentary inspires little faith.

This, to me, is a prime example of how to make a terrible trailer out of great footage.

You're not crazy, The order indeed looks better it's like a CG but you have to remember though that RAD were aiming for 30 fps from the beginning so they had a chance to push the graphics unlike ND who are trying to push the game to 60 fps, and the details man that's what I like about ND they don't just push the lighting system, they push everything, hair physics ( Chest hair is the real next-gen feature here folks) ,cloth physics and most importantly Character models are insaaaane in UC4 and it's also more open than the order so it's a totally different scenario. But I'm 100% sure that ND's next game when they get more time with optimization it will look glorious and UC4 is already that.

You're not crazy, The order indeed looks better it's like a CG but you have to remember though that RAD were aiming for 30 fps from the beginning so they had a chance to push the graphics unlike ND who are trying to push the game to 60 fps, and the details man that's what I like about ND they don't just push the lighting system, they push everything, hair physics ( Chest hair is the real next-gen feature here folks) ,cloth physics and most importantly Character models are insaaaane in UC4 and it's also more open than the order so it's a totally different scenario. But I'm 100% sure that ND's next game when they get more time with optimization it will look glorious and UC4 is already that.

That ship has sailed, the demo ran at 37fps and some guy at ND said they aren't willing to concede certain stuff to get 60fps.

Also animated chest hair is really an unnecessary feature to spend resources on unless we get constant close ups but then I'd wonder who the target group of Uncharted is...

The Order runs at 1920x800 due to the 21:9 ratio so only 2/3rds the pixels.

Gonna pre order at GS when I grab MH. Game looks fantastic, will buy for graphics alone (and it seems to have good gameplay, too, which is a plus!).

Mr. Tibbs

The latest impressions in Game Informer and Edge are pretty harsh.

"I'm eager to get my hands on the full game, though the by-the-numbers firefights and quicktime events have me worried that the final product may be more style over substance." - Tim Turi

"But after this, The order's muddled messaging has become much easier to understand. After all, it must be hard working out what to say when there's not a lot worth talking about." - Edge

That ship has sailed, the demo ran at 37fps and some guy at ND said they aren't willing to concede certain stuff to get 60fps.

Also animated chest hair is really an unnecessary feature to spend resources on unless we get constant close ups but then I'd wonder who the target group of Uncharted is...

What ND said is basically that they won't push for 60 if it will affect the quality of the game itself like set pieces and other stuff so there was nothing new said.
But you're right about the chest hair, We see his back almost all of the game so it's really unnecessary.

I have some confidence this will at least be entertaining. The visuals look to have few if any weak points, unlike say AC Unity...

The Order runs at 1920x800 due to the 21:9 ratio so only 2/3rds the pixels.

I think in Edge they said they are aiming for 60, but won't concede certain stuff to get it there. Which I am fine with.

I also don't really agree that the Order looks better. We have only seen one area in U4 and the modelling, animation, AA, texture res, all look really impressive. Edge apparently commented that it is the best looking game they have seen.

Top Bottom