• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch map "Oasis" available now

Ryuuga

Banned
refreshing QP until Oasis like:

EGaNLNE.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yessss. I love that updates always seem to drop on my day off from work.

Slightly on-topic rant: on the downside, how the f is 38 gbs not enough storage space to download the update, PSN? And why are you so gd slow? At this rate I won't be able to play Overwatch until later tonight.

Ellite25

They could remove Volskaya from the game and I doubt many would complain tbh.
That's the only map I hate. It's too damn hard and if more than a few of your teammates die it's over and you ain't making it back to the point in time.

blizzard logic

- release a new map this time with no skins
- since mei's garbage offensive is still up there's no oasis 24/7 playlist
- keep the event up without telling anybody so people like me wasted credits early
- updated the game without hotfixing d.va, ana or soldier even in the ptr
- updated the game without fixing the mei ecopoint glitch

just fuck me up fam

Wtf why is the download on PS4 telling me it's 12 gigs?

Surely that isn't right?

PS4 patch sizes are the most goddamn obtuse thing in the world. It shows you the size of all the patches available for the game, figures out what parts you're missing (a process that takes for goddamn ever), then downloads the portion of that 12 gigs you need. So, if you're up to date on patches, your download will start at 11.2 gb complete or whatever.

PS4 patch sizes are the most goddamn obtuse thing in the world. It shows you the size of all the patches available for the game, figures out what parts you're missing (a process that takes for goddamn ever), then downloads the portion of that 12 gigs you need.
Yeah the file size was the size of the game itself

I just paused/resumed to see if it would get its shit together, still "preparing to download" at the moment

Fuckin' NOPE
Awesome. Definitely shouldn't be a priority or anything

Are people going to praise Kaplan for making a map that's 'vertical' and release Eichenwalde again?

There's nothing vertical about Eichenwalde.

Cool now how about they fix that Mei glitch especially when playing elimination. I'm tired of getting hit with a -75% xp bonus because I leave matches where Mei's on my team or the opposing team glitch into the map.

Overwatch already has a SFV character why not add another.

Zarya ain't no Zangeif... nah jk who is the SFV character in Overwatch?

Anyways, Just decided to start a custom match to check it out, playing w boys isn't as fun but oh well...

Edit: embarrassed to say but I got destroyed by the bot team, and initial thoughts are that the map is kind of meh IMO - think I seen a single bounce pad whole match and the one use of it felt kind of 'off'; the cars on the map are way off to the side and so far away you really need to go out of your way to end up 'run over'... ...for the record I played 80% the match with Ana.

Something else I noticed in custom match type is that some of characters are not available as 'bots' - D. Va is an example of a character that cannot be selected as a bot... maybe has something to do with each character requiring their own 'A.I.' ???

Yukinari

Very Dva friendly map which is very frustrating considering how crazy good she is right now.

Pretty sure theyre gonna either nerf her movement speed while shooting or her defense matrix.

Zocano

They really should make 3CP or 5CP maps.

I think strict defense or offense game modes are really boring and were the least fun parts of TF2.

Only got the map to show up once during my daily level up, but it seems to have a ton of openings to the point, which can lead to big firefights. I'll be curious to learn it better.

Is the PS4 version any good? I already have the PC version but want to play on my new TV xD

Aye it is I have the same amount of hours on both now and only bought it at the last free weekend. It's less toxic as there is no text chat but that also means less general communication

Zomba13

Wonder if they changed anything from PTR. It was on there for ages.

650MB on PC.

When something is on the PTR it comes into the game as is. They never change anything.

blizzard logic

- release a new map this time with no skins
- since mei's garbage offensive is still up there's no oasis 24/7 playlist
- keep the event up without telling anybody so people like me wasted credits early
- updated the game without hotfixing d.va, ana or soldier even in the ptr
- updated the game without fixing the mei ecopoint glitch

just fuck me up fam

This is definitely me.

Played a few games on Oasis, pretty fun map and good looking too. Was hoping you could launch Dva's self destruct up the jump pad but seems like you can't, oh well.

Top Bottom