• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch map "Oasis" available now

MrMephistoX

God I love Blizzard. I normally hate multiplayer because I suck at it but Overwatch even sucked me in and all the free content is just icing on the cake.

KarmaCow

Well it's a good thing I'm done with Competitive this season because I never did get around to testing the map out on the PTR.

nahlakhai

I'd guess they stay until the next update, it would seem a bit weird to talk about new years resolutions say 7 or so months from now imo.

Once you buy them they stay with you forever if you have it equipped. Why would they disappear? I'm just getting around to switching off my victory poses and voices from the Halloween event.

I just logged in and got some notification about celebrating Diablo's 20th anniversary with unique sprays and an icon. Then I got about 10 super weirdly named loot boxes that don't exist. Anyone else get this?

Once you buy them they stay with you forever if you have it equipped. Why would they disappear? I'm just getting around to switching off my victory poses and voices from the Halloween event.

Oh I was thinking of the voice lines that the characters say before matches start. My bad.

Ayumi

Time to git gud with Pharah.

Seriously though, it looks cool and the music is nice. Looks like a slightly more futuristic Numbani.

Played it a little on the PTR, wasn't prepared for hostile cars. lol

I played half a dozen matches on the new map and its fun but i'm not a huge fan of it, the part of the map where the capture point is around a raised platform and ledge off the map is really hard to fight back on if the enemy team know what they are doing with a rein.

The area with the cars feels good, nice amount of space and everything is round.

Rozart

Time to git gud with Pharah.

Seriously though, it looks cool and the music is nice. Looks like a slightly more futuristic Numbani.

Played it a little on the PTR, wasn't prepared for hostile cars. lol

Saw that happening on a stream. I'm looking forward to all the future deaths by car collisions.

I just logged in and got some notification about celebrating Diablo's 20th anniversary with unique sprays and an icon. Then I got about 10 super weirdly named loot boxes that don't exist. Anyone else get this?

This happened to my husband right now. He got 0X0000000000000000 where the yellow banner appears when you get a loot box.

Glass

zR1j8IC.jpg

Yeah didn't know they were doing this. The player icon and sprays are already unlocked for you.

Thoraxes

This map is probably the worst thing i've played. I've never seen a map so lopsided for the team that controls the point that it just feels like absolute trash to play and worthless to even try and approach the point if you don't get it first.

This map is probably the worst thing i've played. I've never seen a map so lopsided for the team that controls the point that it just feels like absolute trash to play and worthless to even try and approach the point.

What how is this possible when Anubis is in the game?

I'm describing my experience of how all the random teams I was on lost for the past 6 hours. All completely lopsided map control in every single match, consistently.

And I said ??? as so far it's not describing my experiences any more than any other capture point map in OW. :)

Go in as a team, wait for picks, capture point as always.

Thoraxes

And I said ??? as so far it's not describing my experiences any more than any other capture point map in OW. :)

Go in as a team, wait for picks, capture point as always.

We were doing that, even with randoms. All got completely annihilated. Even the people running back while we contested got picked off literally right outside the spawn door. Maybe I just had really back luck for like 30 games where I lost every match but 3.

But honestly, it completely soured any interest I had in the map, and I think i'm just going to stop playing till season 4 now.
not even close to the worst map in Overwatch when fucking Hanamura and Volskaya still exist in their current states.
I'd rather play 1 Hanamura match for 6 hours than Oasis.

LordofPwn

Seems a bunch of people are coming out of the woodwork to try out the new map, have had some terrible teams. I like the new map, lot of fun room for Pharah and some nice sight lines for McCree and Widow. Lots of nooks for Symetra to work in too.

TheYanger

I'm describing my experience of how all the random teams I was on lost for the past 6 hours. All completely lopsided map control in every single match, consistently.

Wish I could blacklist it and never play it again, really.

Oh, so in other words you're describing a map that 99% of the playerbase has never played on and has no clue how to do anything but funnel through the most obvious entrance? Yes. it plays exactly like every other map when nobody is any good.

Parallacs

I have played so much 6v6 Winter Mystery that going back to one class felt refreshing. I dominated with D.Va tonight on oasis.

KyleCross

God I love Blizzard. I normally hate multiplayer because I suck at it but Overwatch even sucked me in and all the free content is just icing on the cake.

I'm the same way, except after a solid 6 months I'm now in the "Fuck Blizzard, fuck this game" salt-mine of addiction where I think I need to distance myself from it and take a break... that's what I told myself last night.

Then Oasis comes out...

Another event is probably happening soon too...

*cries* I just need a couple months to bleed the salt away but Blizzard won't let me leave. The constant content updates are both a blessing and a curse for me.

The server/waiter like upper body only omnics in the waiting area should be more 'interactable' a la most the other maps spawn areas having things to interact with prior to start of the map... still trying to make my first basketball score on some of the other maps...

Top Bottom