• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer (September 20th)

So I went back and looked at Pokémon that could evolve but we have no info on their possible evolution, I also marked down ones that I feel are unlikely to get an evolution based on gut feeling;
-Komala, unknown

-Drampa, unlikely to have an evolution

-Bruxish, unlikely to have an evolution

-Cutiefly, was shown briefly in the train on footage but we have no info on it.

-Salandit, unknown

-Mimikyu, unknown if Mimikyu will evolve but my guess is that he won't.

-Wimpod, unknown

-Bounsweet, unknown.

-Comfey, unlikely to have an evolution

-Minior, unlikely to have an evolution

-Oricorio, unlikely to have an evolution

-Wishiwashi, unlikely to have an evolution

-Pyukumuku, unsure as I want it to have an evolution.

-Morelull, probably will have an evolution

-Turtonator, unlikely to have an evolution

-Crabrawler, unlikely to have an evolution

-Jangmo-o, likely to have an evolution

-Type: Null, unlikely to have an evolution

-Passimian, unlikely to have an evolution

-Oranguru, unlikely to have an evolution

I remember a few people saying they didn't think Mudsdale or Bewear would have any pre-evolutions, not to say you're wrong or anything but I definitely Drampa, Bruxish, and Turtonator could have pre-evolutions. Oricorio could have a neutral (normal/flying?) pre-evo that evolves into the different forms, similar to Meowstic. Definitely think Crabrawler, Minior, and Comfey could have full evolutions too. Or, I don't see anything stopping them from having one, tbh.

RagnarokX

Being lazy it essentially doubles non-HP base stats and while this modifed BST is fine outside of low HP it really doesn't have anything standout so nah not viable but seems like "I'm too good for Z-moves" z-move and so fills that humiliation niche along with flail magikarp.
It'll be popular with baton pass, though. People would have had to go several rounds to set up what eevee can do in two with this.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I remember a few people saying they didn't think Mudsdale or Bewear would have any pre-evolutions, not to say you're wrong or anything but I definitely Drampa, Bruxish, and Turtonator could have pre-evolutions. Oricorio could have a neutral (normal/flying?) pre-evo that evolves into the different forms, similar to Meowstic. Definitely think Crabrawler, Minior, and Comfey could have full evolutions too. Or, I don't see anything stopping them from having one, tbh.

Drampa and Turtonator I can see having a pre-evolution.

But yeah like you said it's possible that the others could get evoution or they might not, I just made a guess based on their sizes as smaller Pokémon tend to get an evolution compare to ones that are bigger and give off a vibe that they are fully mature, there are some that break this rule however.

I also based this on the theory that Game Freak is trying to cut down on the number of new Pokémon so less Pokémon having evolution means a lower Pokédex count.

I think Minior could have an evolution. It's name implies mini-meteor, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something light a "Mightior", or Mighty-meteor as an evo.

Razmos

I really like this male character design shown in the Japanese trailer.
EvHmb6X.png

Wait, the Rockruff evo forms are version exclusives? Aww, that's lame. Oh well, I'm getting Sun anyways. Rugby Monkey looks cool, now we just need the snowman and dolphin from the Chinese leak.

Vex_

Banned
I still dont understand why they bother with version exclusives anymore.

Not like you cant just trade online?

What they need to start doing is locking in pokemon to specific versions, really seal the deal. This way, version exclusives would actually hurt.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I still dont understand why they bother with version exclusives anymore.

Not like you cant just trade online?

What they need to start doing is locking in pokemon to specific versions, really seal the deal. This way, version exclusives would actually hurt.
The point is to make you trade...

Delio

I REALLY think Crawbrawler and Minior evolve. I know Minior has a signature ability but I feel like it still can. That list I dont think we will have that many single stagers.

GoldStarz

Piggybacking off of Mr. Joker, so far we got

Rowlet -> ??? -> ???
Litten -> ??? -> ???
Popplio -> ??? -> ???
Pikpek -> ??? -> ???
Yungoos -> Gumshoos
Grubbin -> Charjabug -> Vikavolt
Rockruff -> Lycanroc (Midday/Midnight)
Komala
Drampa
Bruxish
Cutiefly -> ???
Togedamaru
Salandit
Mimikyu
Stufful -> Beware
Wimpod
Bounsweet
Comfey
Mudbray -> Mudsdale
Oricorio (Balle/Pom-Pom/Pa'u/Sensu)
Minior
Formantis ->Lurantis
Wishwashi
Sandyghast -> Pallosand
Pyukumuku
Morelull
Turtonator
Crabrawler
Type: Null
Jangmo-o
Passimian
Oranguru
Tapu Koko
Solagaleo
Lunala
Magearna

Given how few single-stage Pokemon there are we can be pretty sure that at least some of these guys evolve or have prevos.

Togedamaru is pretty solid bet at having a single stage because it's a Pika Clone (no Marill is not a Pike Clone, don't even try that as a counter argument ffs) as well as Wishwashi because of it's ability to power up, but it also being notably weak alone.

I'd give a bet that Komala, Salandit, Wimpod, Minior, Morelull, and Jangmo-o all evolve while Drampa and Turtonator have prevos. Bounsweet I could see going either way but I don't think it's a single stage.

Mael

I know.

Im saying this time around they should really lock down the moon and sun themed pokemon....

FOREVER. No take backs. No trades. I think that would be really super.

Why?
With Wondertrade and the GTS it's better than ever to trade.
If you want to get shit locked you can never trade if you want.

Vex_

Banned
Why?
With Wondertrade and the GTS it's better than ever to trade.
If you want to get shit locked you can never trade if you want.

But that's not really enough for me I'm afraid. I just want everyone to not be able to trade them. If I just choose not to trade, than I just miss out.

I want everyone to miss out unless they buy both.

If that makes any sense.

This might be the first time ever where I buy both versions of a new mainline Pokemon game.

The trailers have really shown that both games will offer a different experience, and I like the idea of experiencing both.

Wait, so Rockruff is supposed to have something special in common with the starters... does that mean that the starter evos have different forms based on the version you are playing?

I think it's interesting that they didn't reveal any new Alolan forms with this update, I hope that doesn't mean they already revealed most of them.

I know.

Im saying this time around they should really lock down the moon and sun themed pokemon....

FOREVER. No take backs. No trades. I think that would be really super.

Having a Pokémon locked to a version is terrible. Competitively, this would suck. It could even be considered pay to win if you had to buy both versions just to have all Pokémon. Imagine if mega kangaskhan was Y exclusive for good.

OP needs fixed (lists Oranguru as Normal without Psychic).

But these are pretty rad. The designs alone don't do a lot for me but I like them just fine.

Those Z-Moves are fuckin rad. Signature Z-Moves are becoming one of my favorite parts of Sun and Moon. Lol Pikachu jumps into your arms then you just throw it.

Top Bottom