• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer (September 20th)

Ow.... Didn't realise the new Amie is called Refresh xD my bad. I'd say it doesn't. Probably just an expanded version of Amie.
Then again, they could let you feed your Pokémon status curing berries in that mode. Give a treat AND cure a status AND more uses for berries (vast majority sadly is useless)

No worries. And yeah I'm mostly wondering since the shot of Eevee getting played with in the US trailer seems to show it being paralyzed.

its too bad that they did hoopa already. He would have made a good 1001 mythical

Yeah I think the 1000th Pokémon is probably gonna cap the Gen VIII dex, which I guess means it'll be a legendary. But it has the potential to be an amazing Pokémon.

Mr-Joker

Banned
ius anybody here getting the special edition from amazon, the steel-case?

I might if I can convince Amazon UK to price match it to my standard copy as paying £72.98 for both copy is a bit much for a steel case.

Does Eevee get baton pass? For VGC, you could have a rage powder/follow me user tank hits, and while getting that set up on eevee to pass to a pokemon that can then go sweep the team.

Eevee learns it at level 33, but Baton Pass always goes last so Eevee will need to survive a hit.

Eevee will be decent in the pre-evolution cup in lower tiers but in higher tier there are better baton passer out there.

Does Refresh heal your Pokémon? Eevee looked like it was Paralyzed. If this game is actually difficult, then that would be an awesome idea.

Yep, it will save me money on paralyze heals and Antidotes as I won't need to buy as many.

My worry is that this will somehow mean that the game is even easier but I am hoping that isn't the case.

Also frankly I don't think they give a shit about the dex reaching 1000 as long as it's during a new generation so they can play it up and market the fuck out of it.

Yeah I get that feeling as well.

So I'm pretty optimistic about the new Pokémon total in Gen VII. And I think some Pokémon that nobody expect to evolve totally will.

Same I am about 70% hyped for Sun and Moon and really excited to explore the Alola region and try out the new Alola Pokémon and see how Alolan form works.

Heck I still don't have my Sun team fully planned out yet as I have two spot open, with one reserve for a water type.

Hoopa is the worst legendary though

Nah that would be Diancie, it should have been a Carbink evolution.

Zygarde is up there as well for not getting his own game and being shoe horned into gen 7.

AetherZX

Seeing as the leak keeps turning up as credible, might as well throw this one out there:

"Ash" Greninja is a transformation Z-move. Activate as normal > Water Shuriken > Transform > Throw Flaming Fuma Shuriken > form lasts until KO'd like a mega.

Water Shuriken will probably be required like Dragon Ascent. In Snorlax's case apparently Giga Impact is needed?

Food for thought.

Not

Banned
CUSTOMIZATION LOOKS RAD

It's all I wanted from Pokémon, and probably the most rewarding thing about X and Y besides evolving

Bummed though. :( I'm getting Sun, and I really want Lycanroc's midnight form instead...

Sigh...

Will someone on GAF trade with me on launch day?

V-Faction

Both Passimian and Oranguru will be on my team. I'll make it work some how.

Damn, don't think I've given a crap about Mon-exclusives this much since Scyther/Pinsir and Growlithe/Vulpix.

WonderPup

What is the difference between Encore and Instruct? They seem the same to me.

Edit: Maybe that Encore lasts over multiple turns? If they are similar, Oranguru's speed may be an issue that relegates it to Trick Room teams (sorry; VGC player, here).

Galang

Banned
It's so weird there are people hating on the nightwolf form; It looks amazing! Customization also looks spectacular. Fantastic step up from X/Y

Teknoman

It's so weird there are people hating on the nightwolf form. It looks amazing! Customization also looks spectacular. Fantastic step up from X/Y

Its growing on me. Defintely has a cool cry, but I think they should've gone for a more sharp mohawk look. Think a combo of Jon Talbain and Lord Raptor from Darkstalkers. Its main defining feature looks too fluffy.

Edit: Maybe that Encore lasts over multiple turns? If they are similar, Oranguru's speed may be an issue that relegates it to Trick Room teams (sorry; VGC player, here).
Encore affects what the Pokémon does on its turn in battle, but instruct happens immediately. Like during Oranguru's turn.

Encore is multiple turns, yes. Instruct also seems more geared towards double battles than single battles.

Neiteio

I'll trade my day form Lycanroc for ANYONE'S midnight form. I just want that midnight form so bad.
I find myself also starting to prefer the midnight form. At first it was 2 edgy 4 me, but in the long run it's more interesting for it.

Neiteio

I wonder if a Rockruff born in Moon can be traded to Sun and still evolve at night into the midnight form? And vice-versa. So it's like inherent in its genes.

Neiteio

Yeah I would have preferred if that's the case.
Ideally, you could obtain a Rockruff from the other version, and its entire genetic line would still have the genes from that version. So you could obtain a Rockruff from Moon, and all of its children will also be Moon Rockruffs, even in Sun. This would allow you to breed toward the Lycanroc of your choice, regardless of which version you're playing.

The site says it's dependent on Dolgaleo/Lunala's influence

I'm more hyped for SM than any Pokémon game prior, but this evolution being connected to the version and the time shift are just fuckin not-very-amazing ideas. I'm waiting for a reveal of some time-related difference between the versions that is actually substantial and not just convoluted non-features.

Zubz

Banned
I'll call mine My Trainer is Dumb

And you'll have to keep it

Eh. I had a friend name a Bulbasaur be traded me "F***YouZubz" (But with a misspelling of my real name instead) after I asked. I kept that Bulbasaur as a badge of honor; I'd do the same if I had li'l MTiD.

The site says it's dependent on Dolgaleo/Lunala's influence

I'm really hoping they add a way to get the other one postgame, because that feels like a serious rip-off/way to coerce double dips otherwise. Like, maybe an item or a secret cliff that's Sunny/Moony when it shouldn't be.

Sandfox

Eh. I had a friend name a Bulbasaur be traded me "F***YouZubz" (But with a misspelling of my real name instead) after I asked. I kept that Bulbasaur as a badge of honor; I'd do the same if I had li'l MTiD.

I'm really hoping they add a way to get the other one postgame, because that feels like a serious rip-off/way to coerce double dips otherwise. Like, maybe an item or a secret cliff that's Sunny/Moony when it shouldn't be.

Well I mean you could always just trade for the other lol.

I'm more hyped for SM than any Pokémon game prior, but this evolution being connected to the version and the time shift are just fuckin not-very-amazing ideas. I'm waiting for a reveal of some time-related difference between the versions that is actually substantial and not just convoluted non-features.

Yeah, this is definitely a really bad design choice here. I mean, trade evolutions have always been kind of a pain in the ass, but now with Lycanroc it's going to just add one more layer of bullshit on when you want to train one. Instead of having to find someone to trade with, now you'll have to make sure you find someone with the opposite version. Great. Lol.

Neiteio

Oranguru is the one but I HATE normal sub-types
Normal/Psychic is a pretty great combination, best as I can tell. Psychic neutralizes Normal's weakness to Fighting, while Normal renders Psychic immune to Ghost.

I've come to see "Normal" more as meaning "mammalian."

Leaning toward Pokemon Moon at this point. I'm up at some odd hours, so the time shift might work better for me if I want to see the sun. I've also come to really like Lunala, as well as Lycanroc-MN and Oranguru. I also prefer Alolan Raticate as the totem Pokemon.

Neiteio

Man, Telepathy Oranguru with Instruct will be awesome in doubles. Telepathy makes it immune to its allies' moves, while Instruct allows it to make other Pokemon use the same move twice in the same turn — so it could Instruct its ally to use Surf, twice in the same turn, and thanks to Telepathy, it won't be hit by the move either time.

.JayZii

Banned
Man, Telepathy Oranguru with Instruct will be awesome in doubles. Telepathy makes it immune to its allies' moves, while Instruct allows it to make other Pokemon use the same move twice in the same turn — so it could Instruct its ally to use Surf, twice in the same turn, and thanks to Telepathy, it won't be hit by the move either time.
Yep, that's exactly what happened in the trailer.

Love the two new simians, I want both of them. When the leak first revealled a rugby chimp, I was expecting something much worse and I even expressed hope that GF would make a lemur and orangutan pokemon among others. I'm more than likely going to go and purchase Moon. Overall I like a lot of the designs this generation. A lot more unique pokemon that fit the overall theme of Alola compared to previous gen's, imo.

I prefer Lycanroc's mid day form over his midnight form but I still like both pokemon forms. Although I'm now starting to wonder how many Alolan variants there will be. They've really been stretching out reveals of those. They spread out Rattata and Raticate's Alolan form over a span of a month just recently.

Top Bottom