• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Pokemon Diamond/Pearl scans

OMG Nintendo has done it again. That squirrel Pokemon is adorable.

UH-OH I'M CHANGING MY AVATAR! How will GAF recognise me now that I'm not a bloodied frowny Sin City face anymore?

kIdMuScLe

ant1532 said:
You've never played an RPG before?

never imported an rpg game before but i've played some rpg games. i just want to know if it contains a lot of kanji characters or if it just plain ol' hiragana and katakana.

that's all i want to know.

Ashodin

-Pachirisu is an Electric Type Pokémon. Classification of Electric Squirrel Pokémon. It has either Run Away or Pick Up for it's abilities. It knows Thunderbolt/

IT HAS TO EVOLVE COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I love the idea of a Squirrel Pokemon.

Sagitario

I don't like hte new legendaries...
Groundon and Lugia >>> *

I'll probably wait for the next Pokémon update to get the new cool features (like Yellow, Crystal and Emerald)...

ZeoVGM

Banned
Neomoto said:
- Winning Eleven DS Lite BLACK (yeah that's right, Black DS Lite will be released in Japan) bundle pack (with Black DS Lite Winning Eleven special edition)

huh? where is this? all i heard about was the black ds lite, not the WE special edition

Foto+Pok%E9mon:+Blue+Version.jpg

gsgb17.gif

news113002scr1.gif

n06_0707_dpvid3.jpg

How could anyone claim that D/P isn't the biggest leap of a Pokémon game?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The reason people can't see the leap is because of the reason I pointed out eariler, GameFreak hid the 3D so well people aren't noticing the difference.

It still doesn't explain the crappy leap they made with the battle system though. :\

Zweisy1

Sure, Pokemon games have never been graphical showcases. Gotta say it looks more pleasing to eye than FFIII however.

Jiggy

jj984jj said:
The reason people can't see the leap is because of the reason I pointed out eariler, GameFreak hid the 3D so well people aren't noticing the difference.

It still doesn't explain the crappy leap they made with the battle system though. :\
At this point, I don't think there's anything they could do to improve the battle system except include full usage of terrain ("full" meaning a lot more than two moves, Secret Power and Nature Power)... But that almost might be better off used in a separate Pokemon Tactics game. I'd like to see it happen because the anime has convinced me it's a good idea; I just don't know if it would perhaps be too ambitious since it would have to fundamentally change every single move of the hundreds in the game.

RyuHayate said:
The most bad ass looking Pokemon yet.
What gets me is that they rule time and space.
I kind of wish that they made legendary Pokemon far more uber than they already are, just so that they would be forced into their own tournament tiers to leave the rest of the normal Pokemon alone. It makes no sense anyway for the ruler of time or the ruler of space (or the creator of the continents, or the creator of the oceans, or so on) to even have a chance at losing to an ordinary Pokemon who happens to act as a counter.

Zweisy1 said:
Sure, Pokemon games have never been graphical showcases. Gotta say it looks more pleasing to eye than FFIII however.
I agree. Clean 2D or 2D-ish graphics will always outlast 3D graphics with rough textures, a lack of anti-aliasing, etc.

jj984jj said:

We still don't know how animated the battles are. Plus, the 2D art in battles is noticably better than the art in RuSa's battles.

Unison

A Link to the Past said:
We still don't know how animated the battles are. Plus, the 2D art in battles is noticably better than the art in RuSa's battles.

I thought there was a video that showed a battle animation...

Top Bottom