• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pre Order bullshit : Dying Light, earliest you preorder, the more bonus you get

mackattk

Could someone please explain why this is so bad? Isn't this just a nice way to say thank you to everyone who preoders the game early?

Two quick things come to mind.

1. It basically locks people out of content that don't want to preorder for various reasons.

2. You are preordering a game and have no idea how well it will turn out once it is released.

The whole process just reeks of anti-consumerism.

Just wait for the GOTY edition with everything on the disc for half the price.

Those *preorder now !!!!*-"incentives" are such a turn off.

myco666

1. It basically locks people out of content that don't want to preorder for various reasons.

2. You are preordering a game and have no idea how well it will turn out once it is released.

1. Do we know if these weapons cannot be acquired in the game without preordering?
2. Umm this is a problem somehow?

So it is anti-consumerism to give people who believe in your product something extra?

1. If you are worried about getting locked out of a game you plan on playing, why not pre- order if you want it that bad?

2. No one is putting a gun to someone's head and making them pre-order.

deeptech

Ahahahaha , glorious.. Must at least applaud to someone having courage for such rotten pre-order incentive. Wasn't MP for this game going to be pre-order bonus as well? They are desperately pushing pre-orders instead of making good games that will sell on their quality.Oh god why...

Occam

This will actually make me postpone a potential purchase until after a price drop because i don't wish to encourage this kind of anti-consumer nonsense.

So well done, if this was their intention.

The multiplayer exclusive already persuaded me not to buy this game until it's dirt cheap. I let them know it on their facebook page, I'm sick of this shit.

Shredderi

Oh man they really should refrain from these kinds of practices. This is really off putting. I actually really want the game day one but I feel like I should respond to this kind of shit with my wallet. Certainly not fucking preordering.

system11

Oh good lord.

If there's any justice in the world Lizard Squad will ddos the signup site from now until release forcing them so give away everything to all their customers.

Locust

How dare they ask me to input random shit to get my preorder goodies.

Besides, this is like the Borderlands chest codes I guess? Not really important and surely will be plentiful once the game is out.

Shredderi

Oh good lord.

If there's any justice in the world Lizard Squad will ddos the signup site from now until release forcing them so give away everything to all their customers.

As much as I hate these kind of practices, Lizard Squad can get fucked. I'd rather they look at the feedback and decide not to do this kind of thing again. Propably a pipedream. Publishers propably know that these kinds of things get a bad response from some but are concentrated on grooming a generation of gamers that take this kind of shit for granted and will know no better in the future.

martino

i will buy that but not pre order it....
if last gen tell us something is that thoses kind of bonuses are useless or broke games in an easy way earlier than late game.
Only reason i can see to fall on this type of offer is some kind of collection hype over the game (or series) even if it is virtual bonuses

I'm going to love it when there's a server issue that screws up the weapon transfer/access and everyone who preordered can't even use these things until a fix is in place...

Game the system. Pre-Order Day 1, get the code, cancel the pre-order and then wait until you are ready to get the game.

Companies shouldn't do this, but not for the reasons expressed by most of GAF.

Top Bottom