• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

maxcriden

They're probably a little hesitant on doing a preload after Breath of the Wild leaked from the Wii U preload.

No one in NJ has found a place to grab this early, right? Somewhere in Ocean County preferably.

Maybe...but they've still been offering 3DS preloads since then. So I'm not sure if that's the reason. Hopefully they'll clarify at some point.

Buggy Loop

Can you summarize it? Pretty lengthy video

Wished they could fast forward/skip all animations (there's already a fast forward, not fast enough apparently)
Rabbids humor, on limit of what nintendo would do (who cares..)
Music forgettable, does not stick in head, generic (... wow)
Unusual game by Nintendo standards -> weird
Would not give megaman cannon to Mario
Weird that you can't jump, feels wrong, no action commands ala mario RPG..

And many more, i mean, just off the top of my head.

Seems they can't wrap their head around Xcom tactical Mario+Rabbid merge.

Soul Lab

Wished they could fast forward/skip all animations (there's already a fast forward, not fast enough apparently)

sounds like Andre lol

Neiteio

I'm 12 minutes in, and they're super-positive so far.

The Mega Man arm cannon part isn't an actual criticism. It's just them noting how different this game is from past Mario titles. They find it funny.

Majora

The complaints about not being able to jump or have action commands are so silly. It's just wishing a game to be something it's not. It's Mario doing XCom and it does it very well.

It is somewhat unusual for a Mario game but I think that's part of what makes it interesting. It doesn't feel forced though, it feels surprisingly natural.

Wouldn't worry about that, sounds like a lot of pointless nitpicks and missing the point. The game does what it sets out to do very well.

watershed

Banned

These are just the negatives at the end of the video and they say clearly that these are nit-picky complaints. Overall they are very positive on the game.

Those of you who have it and played it, do you mind giving me your thoughts on it thus far?

Good? Fun? Easy or hard to get a hang of? Does it punish you like xcom does? Difficulty settings and difference in said difficulty settings.

You are misrepresenting their discussion. They all said that they liked it, and some of these complaints were really just jokes rather than actual criticisms of the game. The preview discussion is glowingly positive, not sure what you are on about.

TheJoRu

Err...no? They weren't positive about everything, but overall the sentiment was that they were having a good time with the game.

The only thing I find a bit irksome is how overprotective they come off in terms of the Mario universe. It's a fun spinoff strategy game not meant to be taken seriously; obviously one doesn't have to find something funny, but loosen up a bit and stop caring about whether some harmless Rabbid toilet joke "hurts the brand", whatever that would even mean.

More nitpicky stuff from Gamexplain.

JonnyKong

Yeah, it's a tricky one.

What I done was to get rid of the ice one first as he's got less HP. I also changed my weapons to the golden ones to do more damage to the bosses.

Phew, just done it now.

I think it's time to call it a night, I've spent many hours on this today!

It's been a pleasure chatting to you. Ace game so far :)

Neiteio

When you replay missions in this game, does it include the cutscenes? I know I'm going to want to take lots of screens, but I'd rather just do that later, if possible.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Two things I don't like so far

.no vertical movement to for the camera during exploration phases

.I have experienced some micro freeze

Everything else is not only enjoyable, but pretty great

Toxi

Banned
Err...no? They weren't positive about everything, but overall the sentiment was that they were having a good time with the game.

The only thing I find a bit irksome is how overprotective they come off in terms of the Mario universe. It's a fun spinoff strategy game not meant to be taken seriously; obviously one doesn't have to find something funny, but loosen up a bit and stop caring about whether some harmless Rabbid toilet joke "hurts the brand", whatever that would even mean.
c3e.jpg

not a real Miyamoto tweet

King_Moc

Banned
I#m two thirds of the way through the first world at a guess, and this seems pretty great. It's still introducing new features, and I actually died against the midboss. Loving the hilarity that can ensue from the burn mechanic.

JJShadow

Those of you who have it and played it, do you mind giving me your thoughts on it thus far?

Good? Fun? Easy or hard to get a hang of? Does it punish you like xcom does? Difficulty settings and difference in said difficulty settings.

I'm still quite early in the game but I'm loving it so far, it's pretty great, battles and exploration are tons of fun and in general it feels extremely polished. It's easy to get a hang of it, but the game keeps introducing new mechanics and enemies every few battles, so it's deeper than it might seem at first sight (I'd say it's one of those games easy to play but hard to master). There is only a standard difficulty level, and at the beginning of each battle you can change to "Easy mode" if you want.

In general, initial battles are quite easy but the difficulty starts ramping half-way through World 1. As you can see, there are people having real trouble with some battles in World 2

Neiteio

You can skip them.
Wait, not sure you understood my question. I'm asking, if I want to see the cutscenes again, so that I can take screenshots the second time, can I access the cutscenes again by replaying missions in replay mode?

For example, the first time I face Rabbid Kong, I'd just like to watch it. But then it'd be nice to replay that fight later, in replay mode, and take screenshots of the cutscenes then.

Wait, not sure you understood my question. I'm asking, if I want to see the cutscenes again, so that I can take screenshots the second time, can I access the cutscenes again by replaying missions in replay mode?

For example, the first time I face Rabbid Kong, I'd just like to watch it. But then it'd be nice to replay that fight later, in replay mode, and take screenshots of the cutscenes then.

You can't skip what doesn't play so I'm pretty sure he's confirming you can rewatch the cutscenes.

How is the anti-aliasing? The screenshots made the visuals look smooth.

Someone posted earlier saying IQ is pretty close to screenshots we've seen.

And yet, they're actually really positive on the game overall.

More nitpicky stuff from Gamexplain.

Did you listen to it? It's weird people are people gravitate toward the negative points when they had far more positive things to say about it

And yet, they're actually really positive on the game overall.

This. One person here says they're "down" on game and everyone believes it, when that's not at all how it actually sounded in the discussion.

Edit: LOL @ "Would not give megaman cannon to Mario" That isn't even close to what they said.

I'm utterly relieved by that icon art.

In the end I didn't care for sonic or snake pass, so I was ok with kicking those icons to the curb. This game is hype, tho, so I'm happy it didn't let me down on that front.

The game will probably spend a ton of time in the front row (if it's really good.)

Did you listen to it? It's weird people are people gravitate toward the negative points when they had far more positive things to say about it

This. One person here says they're "down" on game and everyone believes it, when that's not at all how it actually sounded in the discussion.

Edit: LOL @ "Would not give megaman cannon to Mario" That isn't even close to what they said.

I'm glad they're overall positive on it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Top Bottom