• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model pics leaked

segarr

everybody who is bitching about the looks:
do you look at your console while playing a game?
that fucking thing is going under the tv shelf and thats it.

Agreed. Like I said in the halo 4 bundle thread, I don't even look at my consoles anyway and don't care what they look like

Raziel

PS2 was not ugly at all. It started the trend of moving towards all black electronics. Back in those days most computers still came in a pure white color. Ew.
the ridges and asymmetrical design were roundly acknowledged as ugly when it was revealed. many of the same things that are being said about this ps3 were said about it actually (looks like an 80s console). if the ps2 design has aged better with time, its a clear case of its success and legacy making it look better.

DieH@rd

Banned
Made a cleaned up version of the front view of the system based on that blurry pic.
Probably not 100% accurate but its enough to see how it will look in proper PR shots i think.

IGt9j.jpg

Yes, the bottom is from the current PS3 slim, i got lazy in the end :p

Not bad, at least looking from the front.

Koyuga

If the ridges were smooth, this would be perfect. Wonder what the pricepoints will be. My slim is dying, needs replacing.

Why are so many people complaining how ugly it is? i bet half this thread own a ps3 already anyway so a ps3 redesign shouldn't even interest you guys since you already own it

Man

The most interesting detail is that there's possibly a 16GB version. With flash storage they could be selling that one for $199.

Game bundles could be a 250GB version and cost $299.

Elios83

either it's the photos, or whoever designed this PS3 needs to be fired. my god...

I think it looks better than the current Slim, also there are many details which we still don't know (ex. if the ridged disc cover slides automatically over the bottom part when the eject button is pushed).
Other than that of course the most important thing is the new price, not how it looks.

neptunes

The most interesting detail is that there's possibly a 16GB version. With flash storage they could be selling that one for $199.

$199?!? Game consoles should be close to a $100-$150 MSRP by now.

Fuck this gen.

teiresias

If it's top loading, I suppose the ridges are there to help cut down on constant fingerprints where you would handle the door since they apparently went back to a glossy finish for the rest of the body.

Elios83

Should cost even less at this point but considering that:
1)MS won't cut prices
2)Sony expects to sell 'just' 14m PS3 in the new FY

Prices will be 199$,249$,299$ for the three models respectively (16GB, 250GB, 500GB).
Basically the big news here is that Sony has finally created a direct competitor to the Xbox 4GB.

ill wait for higher res pics.. with the first slim pictures everybody on here kept saying it was ugly and when it was finally revealed they ate crow and lots of it

OG? you mean the original? are you kidding me? sexy as fuck

OG PS3 was awesome. You sir have bad taste.

I do not like rounded electronics. Always hated the round CD players back in the day too.

The Wii is probably my favorite design this generation. Slim, not 'blinging' with silver and shit everywhere, just sleek. Xbox is at least a square ... but the PS3? I hate played out references but the thing DID look like my Foreman.

Top Bottom