• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 model: PlayStation 3 Chocolate [tasty marketing stunt from Sony Italy]

Ceb

chespace said:
PDZ. :lol

Let's play, Kenji-kuuuuun!

And comparing a review I wrote to making fun of people's weight? Do you know of any other gaming journalists out there who are so borderline fanboy insane?

It is kind of low to so cowardly insinuate that he's a poor representation of his profession. It would be one thing if you meant that all gaming journalists are indeed "journalists", but I don't think that's what you were doing.

You're a decent chap, Che, but you're kind of throwing stones in glass houses if you try to say that TTP's unprofessional. Or do your work assignments as a community whatchamacallit also include trolling the competition's products on the internet?

Jirotrom

chespace said:
PDZ. :lol

Let's play, Kenji-kuuuuun!

And comparing a review I wrote to making fun of people's weight? Do you know of any other gaming journalists out there who are so borderline fanboy insane?
Shane B?
I am so kidding

painful fart said:
Oh! I didn´t notice that, I guess blasting fat is out of fashion.

personal stuff and all that...It is kind of rude.

the man ruffled some feathers over his comment on game hardware, and people call him fat and worse. it's a bit out of line IMO.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Ceb said:
It is kind of low to so cowardly insinuate that he's a poor representation of his profession. It would be one thing if you meant that all gaming journalists are indeed "journalists", but I don't think that's what you were doing.

You're a decent chap, Che, but you're kind of throwing stones in glass houses if you try to say that TTP's unprofessional. Or do your work assignments as a community whatchamacallit also include trolling the competition's products on the internet?

You don't think that game journalists making fun of overweight game developers makes the whole field look embarassingly amateur?

Edit: And for what? For his comments about a game console? FFS.

That aside, you want to talk about low and COWARDLY? I think that pretty much defines making fun of people's appearances behind the comfort of your GAF anonymity.

Whatever, I know your response is going to be something about my PDZ score or trolling or some shit, so carry on. ;)

Raist

Banned
chespace said:
You don't think that game journalists making fun of overweight game developers makes the whole field look embarassingly amateur?

Edit: And for what? For his comments about a game console? FFS.

C'mon now, you really think TTP did this because of this other shitty thread ? IMO he just did because it was some kind of a (bad) running gag. Dunno, I've not been around ehere for a long time, but TTP doesn't seem to be this kind of person. I mean the kind mocking him because he dissed the PS3.

What's funny is that if he had googled a random dude to make this joke 'shop, you probably wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow.

chespace

Raist said:
C'mon now, you really think TTP did this because of this other shitty thread ? IMO he just did because it was some kind of a (bad) running gag. Dunno, I've not been around ehere for a long time, but TTP doesn't seem to be this kind of person. I mean the kind mocking him because he dissed the PS3.

What's funny is that if he had googled a random dude to make this joke 'shop, you probably wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow.

I dunno man, I don't think you know me at all.

I would have thought any photoshop of a poor fat guy saying "what a waste" would be in poor taste and mean-spirited. But you're right, I probably wouldn't have posted in protest -- it would just be another confirmation in my mind that GAF and internet forums are mean-spirited and cruel.

Sorry if I come across as old-fashioned or a stick in the mud or whatever. I think if you want to flame someone, at least stick to fair game -- not some shit people can't do anything about.

Raist

Banned
Dunno, I've already seen gifs or photos that could be interpreted as mocking peoples' appearance, never seen you react in any way. But whatever, it's not a trial.
I'm not defending his joke, some people would find it funny, other people would find it insulting. There are people that think you can laugh about anything, others that don't.

So, yeah, maybe it wasn't really smart to make this one, but he's been banned. No need to call him out on his journalistic integrity or whatever IMO. Especially since he can't reply.

Now let's get back to the topic, I want a chocolate PS3 for christmas, thanks.

chespace

Raist said:
Dunno, I've already seen gifs or photos that could be interpreted as mocking peoples' appearance, never seen you react in any way. But whatever, it's not a trial.
I'm not defending his joke, some people would find it funny, other people would find it insulting. There are people that think you can laugh about anything, others that don't.

So, yeah, maybe it wasn't really smart to make this one, but he's been banned. No need to call him out on his journalistic integrity or whatever IMO. Especially since he can't reply.

Now let's get back to the topic, I want a chocolate PS3 for christmas, thanks.

I called him out like 10 minutes after his post - way before he was banned.

So no, I wasn't piling on. I didn't even know he was banned until somebody bumped this dreadful thread today.

Kyoufu

Just to clear up my confusion, who is the person TTP shopped in the picture?

But man, they need to do all that again but with milk chocolate to celebrate the release of the ceramic white PS3.

Raist

Banned
chespace said:
I called him out like 10 minutes after his post - way before he was banned.

So no, I wasn't piling on. I didn't even know he was banned until somebody bumped this dreadful thread today.

In PM I guess then. Because I doesn't look like this here. Whatever. Nevermind.

I'm sorry but that banning is just silly as hell.

Maybe its moderating differences between the forums, but I don't seem to see anyway getting banned for the Britney Spears bashing, and I doubt we would see a banning for some michael moore photoshop(which I'm pretty sure I have seen on here at some point).

You are just drawing a line here because it's someone who works in your precious hobby.

Sure it was tasteless, but definitely not ban-worthy.

<shrug>

BudokaiMR2 said:
I'm sorry but that banning is just silly as hell.

Maybe its moderating differences between the forums, but I don't seem to see anyway getting banned for the Britney Spears bashing, and I doubt we would see a banning for some michael moore photoshop(which I'm pretty sure I have seen on here at some point).

You are just drawing a line here because it's someone who works in your precious hobby.

Sure it was tasteless, but definitely not ban-worthy.

<shrug>
It's probably a forum difference then. Over here people have gotten banned for making fun of Gerstmann's weight, some IGN guy's appearance, and now Gabe. For this side of the forum, it's consistent moderation.

duk

Banned
I hate junk food and I hate chocolate. Why couldn't they have made the thingy out of ribeye steaks?

Chipopo

Banned
Jesussadfacecopy.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
OK, I'm posting this on TTP's behalf.

Banded TTP said:
First of all, I don’t mind being banned as I can still read GAF, so no prob here nor I have any rancour for mods’ decision. This is their turf after all. It’s all good.

Just to be clear, I thought my Photoshop was just funny. Innocently so. There was no bitter behind it. I’m not that kind of person which likes to make jokes of people for their physical conditions or whatever. As I’m sure those that laughed at my Photoshop aren’t either. Heck, I don’t even consider being fat a bad thing at all. I would never call someone a “poor fat guy” for example (now that’s offensive imo).

Anyway, what I’d like to say is just that I’m first and foremost a videogamer as anybody here, not a journo. I post here as a gamer, more than happy to share what I happen to know thanks to my passion-turned-into-a-job (if not under NDA of course). I just try to be useful to the NeoGAF community and I don’t really give a crap about integrity in this context. As I’m pretty sure Che doesn’t either considering how freely he expresses his opinions on whatever here.

So I offer my apologies for that apparently bad joke and go back to lurking ;)

Now please go back on topic, dont want to turn the thread in a TTP discussion

I, however, feel compelled to add that I think he shouldn't even be apologizing. It was a joke no worse than thousands others targeted at public figures that GAF collectively laughs at every day. Is everyone at OT going to be banned next time they make jokes about Harry Knowles?

Chespace, you probably feel holier than though about all this now, but if I was fat and you called me a "poor fat guy" I'd probably get a lot angrier than at that photoshop joke, for what it's worth.

chespace

Marconelly said:
OK, I'm posting this on TTP's behalf.

I, however, feel compelled to add that I think he shouldn't even be apologizing. It was a joke no worse than thousands others targeted at public figures that GAF collectively laughs at every day. Is everyone at OT going to be banned next time they make jokes about Harry Knowles?

Chespace, you probably feel holier than though about all this now, but if I was fat and you called me a "poor fat guy" I'd probably get a lot angrier than at that photoshop joke, for what it's worth.

Look, sorry I've come out looking holier than thou here. I wasn't advocating for TTP's ban so don't look at me. I've always felt that GAF was especially nasty to game devs in ways they would never ever do to someone in person. How the fuck do discussions about Itagaki's facial blemishes or Jeff G. / Denis Dyack / Gabe Newell's weight have anything to do with their statements about the game industry or their views on their games? It's just downright disrespectful and mean.

My use of the phrase "poor fat guy" was in the context of Raist's example in which he used some random fat guy he got from google image search instead of Gabe Newell. In reference to Raist's example, he's a "poor fat guy" because he's being demeaned as a fucking joke at your expense.

Hey, how about we just stop ragging on each other for how ugly and fat we look, huh? It's not that fucking hard. :p

PS2 KID

Look at all that chocolate! I hope they at least distributed some to the crowd. If they didn't, then that would surely be a waste.

Sony should tie up with Perugina and release Holiday PS3 chocolates in PS3 shaped boxes. Then they should make the chocolates in the shapes of the PS3, the Sixaxis controller and the PS logo. That would make a cool gift for the Holidays. :D Knowing Sony they would probably forget to release it outside of Europe.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
chespace said:
I wasn't advocating for TTP's ban so don't look at me.
Yeah, but you were quick to call him the insane fanboy journalist over that picture, I guess completely ignoring that guy consistently complains about PS3 games more than almost anyone on this forum. From jaggies in NGS to making fun of HS to endless complaints about bullet traces in Uncharted and laughing at Lair... I don't think there's a PS3 game that he actually likes, except probably for Resistance.

chespace

Marconelly said:
Yeah, but you were quick to call him the insane fanboy journalist over that picture, I guess completely ignoring that guy consistently complains about PS3 games more than almost anyone on this forum. From jaggies in NGS to making fun of HS to endless complaints about bullet traces in Uncharted and laughing at Lair... I don't think there's a PS3 game that he actually likes, except probably for Resistance.

You know of another game journalist who openly attacks game devs on a popular industry forum by posting photoshops that make fun of their weight?

And no, I don't follow the adventures of TTP on GAF, sorry for ignoring the supposed context that would make this sort of thing okay.

Anyway, I'm out. If you have something you'd like to say, PM me.

spwolf

chespace said:
You know of another game journalist who openly attacks game devs on a popular industry forum by posting photoshops that make fun of their weight?

And no, I don't follow the adventures of TTP on GAF, sorry for ignoring the supposed context that would make this sort of thing okay.

Anyway, I'm out. If you have something you'd like to say, PM me.

I know of one developer that attacks everything on his sights, and doesnt get banned :D

And TTP is italian journalist, essentially having nothing to do with USA. There is an big difference between publicly attacking someone on some public news/blog/newspaper site and anon. journalist from italy posting gif.

Aske

That Gabe Newell photoshop would have been every bit as funny if he'd been thin. Or of an athletic build. It's funny because of his "PS3 is a waste" quote, and the obvious spoilage of PS3 shaped chocolate at the event. I assumed it was a circumstantial fat joke.

cgcg

What's embarrassingly amateur for the game "journalists" field is a lot of them are aspiring to become corporate PR monkeys. That's what's wrong with this field.

cgcg said:
What's embarrassingly amateur for the game "journalists" field is a lot of them are aspiring to become corporate PR monkeys. That's what's wrong with this field.

QFT. Che, you should know alot about this. Luke, you too.

It seems like the whole 1UP Network is ,in fact, a glass house of sorts.

Top Bottom