• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 FW Update 22.01-05.02.00 Out

45f.jpg

Max_Po

Banned
Watch vrr suddenly not mattering once its on ps5. Most of the obsession is because its a point of differentiation. I have a vrr tv and just don't give a shit. Most games I care about have almost totally stable framerates.

It is exactly what it is.... DF also shows all muti-platform games have better fps on ps5 anyways. I have an OLED c7 ... will wait for before I upgrade.

So you want a PC
FreeSync and VRR are so good on PC because it saves you time from figuring out how to lock that framerate to 60 ideally it wouldn't be necessary on consoles (specially considering that most people still don't have VRR so devs can't purposefully let the framerate fluctuate).

A developer should be able to achieve a locked framerate on fixed hardware, sadly VRR is still useful on consoles because many devs fail miserably at that.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
FreeSync and VRR are so good on PC because it saves you time from figuring out how to lock that framerate to 60 ideally it wouldn't be necessary on consoles (specially considering that most people still don't have VRR so devs can't purposefully let the framerate fluctuate).

A developer should be able to achieve a locked framerate on fixed hardware, sadly VRR is still useful on consoles because many devs fail miserably at that.
Exactly. Perfectly said!

Arioco

I agree. On fixed hardware it shouldn't be necessar, devs should know what resolution and settings they need to get their game to run at the target frame rate.

But then FromSoftware decides to release a game with unlocked frame rate again that stutters like crazy... 🙄

But being honest I don't think many games need VRR so far this gen. But it may be a very important feature in the future. It's nice to have it in case devs screw it up, but ideally we shouldn't need it.

And I hope developers won't stop optimizing their games and rely on VRR to save the day, not everyone has an VRR compatible display. VRR is like the 40 fps mode in Ratchet, it's very nice to have it, but not everyone can take advantage of it, I hope devs will keep that in mind.

ethomaz

Banned
have you asked yourself, if the script was flipped, would be defending the lack of such an important feature on the xbox with such vigor?
I don't defend the lack of the feature lol

And yes I should have the same stance if PS5 had VRR... hell I have the same stance about the shit CrossPlay even today when PS games has it... it is just bad for the gamers.

Last edited:

twilo99

I don't defend the lack of the feature lol

And yes I should have the same stance if PS5 had VRR... hell I have the same stance about the shit CrossPlay even today when PS games has it... it is just bad for the gamers.

Alright, a man with strong convictions, I like it

Top Bottom