• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rayman Raving Rabbids info for Wii! (plus screens that don't scream meh)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Alucard said:
This game looks superb. But what's this I hear about it only consisting of mini-games?...Isn't there a continuing story like Rayman 2?
That's completely false, it's not like Warioware Rayman or something.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Mr. Spinnington said:
I don't even know what the **** is happening with this game, anymore.

IGN said:
If you're scratching your head, you're probably not alone. One doesn't often conjure images of bunnies when they think of evil nemeses. However, Rayman's foes are no ordinary evil bunnies. The crazed critters have lived their lives underground for years, all the while planning an attack on the world above, and they're deadly in numbers. As Raving Rabbids begins, the war has started and Rayman himself has become a prisoner of the enemy. Luckily for the limbless hero, the bunnies have no idea who he is, or that he is capable of single-handedly mounting a rebellion.

Ancel revealed that the setup is inspired by the movie Gladiator, and that eventually Rayman himself will grow in popularity, challenging the leadership of the Rabbids' grotesque emperor. To do this, Rayman will need to take part in more than 70 contests and entertain the bunnies. For instance, the character may need to run races on animals, fight in the arena, dance, or even engage in first-person-style plunger-shooting challenges.

Personally, I think this game sounds brilliant, and looks damn good.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I've never even bothered with a Rayman title in my life and I'm already sold on this one thanks to the videos.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Maxrpg said:
Funny you should mention, Rayman has a whole level devoted to making fun of FarCry, it's AWESOME :lol :lol
I'd like to see this kind of self-parody more, but on an industry level. I mean there's plenty of parody movies which poke fun at the conventions of certain genres (Scary Movie series for example), but does that kind of self-deprecating humour exist in the video game industry? Conker's Bad Fur Day kinda touched on the idea, but it parodied movies not its own field.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That british RPG (the name escapes me atm, on PS2) tried to poke fun at the RPG genre, but was it successful? Good question. I thought it was boring.

Looks awesome! The guy and his team know how to make awesome looking games (King Kong and Beyond Good and Evil), wonderful artstyle!

Amir0x

Banned
Btw, is IGN dumb? The top story for the PS2 page is "Ubisoft shows what PS2 can do. Gorgeous new screenshots compliment a wealth of new information." Same for Wii page, except instead of "PS2" it says Wii.

Are they implying that the screenshots are from the PS2 version or indicative of what it looks like on PS2? *head scratch*

xsarien

daedsiluap
Amir0x said:
Btw, is IGN dumb? The top story for the PS2 page is "Ubisoft shows what PS2 can do. Gorgeous new screenshots compliment a wealth of new information." Same for Wii page, except instead of "PS2" it says Wii.

Are they implying that the screenshots are from the PS2 version or indicative of what it looks like on PS2? *head scratch*

They're implying that they're lazy.

Shawn128

BrandNew said:
rayman-raving-rabbids-20060727023148167.jpg

Well I uh......I uh....

o_O Good Christ.

Scrow said:
I'd like to see this kind of self-parody more, but on an industry level. I mean there's plenty of parody movies which poke fun at the conventions of certain genres (Scary Movie series for example), but does that kind of self-deprecating humour exist in the video game industry? Conker's Bad Fur Day kinda touched on the idea, but it parodied movies not its own field.
I seem to remember GAF having some laughs over a PS2 Asterix game that parodied some well-known game characters.

E-phonk

Banned
The game looks great. I hope the animation is good (but the movies animated nicely so if they can convert those to gameplay animation it would be great).

SantaC

oh yeah this game isn't mini-game based. It sounds like it's event level based which is very different.

Like for every level, you got a different mission to do.

Neo Child

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Funny you should mention, Rayman has a whole level devoted to making fun of FarCry, it's AWESOME :lol :lol

Bah, I mentioned that in the other thread and asked if I was the only one who noticed similarities between that level and Far Cry and Amir0x said I was :(

Bernie

SantaCruZer said:
oh yeah this game isn't mini-game based. It sounds like it's event level based which is very different.

Like for every level, you got a different mission to do.

I hope so <3

SantaCruZer said:
maybe best graphics on Wii so far.
Eh?
Mario Galaxy is easily the best looking Wii game.

Anyway, Rabbids is looking to be fun as hell and hilarious to boot. Definitely a day 1 purchase.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
It really looks great and fun. Bunnyes are amazing :lol

Maybe a day one purchase. Anyone knows of the release date?

SantaCruZer said:
best yes, but easily? No.
Then i'd have to conclude that you haven't seen HD vids of it. Galaxy has some good polycounts with really smooth graphics and excellent yet simple art design which together has the game looking fabulous. Not to mention the excellent in-game effects like smoke and explosions that are as next-gen as those in a 360 game.

Endgegner

doesn't anybody else think that those screens look touched up? Maybe only the first one, but the cocktail glass seems to have gotten photoshop treatment and the the hut in the background also looks suspicious, I mean it's Ubi after all. Other than that seems to shape up nicely, love this bizarro bunny story and the little vids.

fr4nz

Endgegner said:
doesn't anybody else think that those screens look touched up? Maybe only the first one, but the cocktail glass seems to have gotten photoshop treatment and the the hut in the background also looks suspicious, I mean it's Ubi after all. Other than that seems to shape up nicely, love this bizarro bunny story and the little vids.

Those screens are larger than 640 (which is the max resolution of the wii afaik), so i also think that those are renders.

Top Bottom