• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Red Dead Map Leaked?

zkorejo

I dont really care about the map. We all know Rockstar will do an amazing job.

I am more interested in knowing actually when they will officially announce this game. If they do it this year, then I guess it may release in 2018.

With the recent threads on how much R* is banking on GTA Online, curious to how the online component is gonna be similar or different in this game. Could you imagine buying in-game currency that's only a few dollars worth since it's so many decade before current day and all that inflation? And what would you get besides weapon stuff? Fancy cowboy duds? Horse armor? More horses?

Simo

Only if it turns out to be false or from a questionable source.

oh I'm curios now..

Kinda why you need either a thread title update or a mod to swing in here so you can move the discussion forward because right now the majority of posts is just calling the map's legitimacy in to question along with gifs and memes. lol

If the OP is verified to be telling the truth and the map is legit..well then it's worth really taking a better look at the map and the area we'll get to play in, comparison with Rockstar's other maps for the geography size etc and what region they may be trying to put their own spin, which right now looks like the Dakota territories and Louisiana.

I dont really care about the map. We all know Rockstar will do an amazing job.

I am more interested in knowing actually when they will officially announce this game. If they do it this year, then I guess it may release in 2018.

I figured if they announce it this year...it could likely be a Q2 2017 release like RDR. I imagine one scenario being they announce it prior to E3 with an announcement trailer, screens and info.

Then at E3 itself perhaps the same footage or new gets showcased at Sony and Microsoft's conference with the caveat that MS announces RDR is backwards compatible starting that day and Sony brings RDR as a PS3 classic release to PS4 like they've just done with Bully and Manhunt?

With the recent threads on how much R* is banking on GTA Online, curious to how the online component is gonna be similar or different in this game. Could you imagine buying in-game currency that's only a few dollars worth since it's so many decade before current day and all that inflation? And what would you get besides weapon stuff? Fancy cowboy duds? Horse armor? More horses?

Not sure about the in-game currency but I hope the online portion is similar to GTA Online in that I get to create my own character and have access to merchants and gunsmiths to fully customize my character from style, hair and features to weapon upgrades, like throwing some engravings on my revolver with a extended stock!

Only if it turns out to be false or from a questionable source.

The supposed leak is just enough under the radar that the repercussions of it being wrong are NOT significant.So even if there's 20% chance it may be real the Mods will not take action. It's the sensible thing to do.

Everybody knows a new RDR game is coming out. We're not talking about pics of the NX controller or the specs of the PS4K or GOW4 concept art here. Rockstar map leaks are like sightings of Elvis, everybody's seen one. Just not sure whether it's the real thing.

All I know is that Rockstar have a great track record from preventing stuff leaking (even from supposed ex-Rockstar employees).

Simo

Eh fuck it. I'll treat it as real until proven otherwise then since the mods never closed this. lol

Again then, if the game takes place before RDR and they use a little bit of history with some entertainment sources because it's the Dakota territories there could be Red Dead's own Deadwood (Al Swearengen!) and the Black Hills could offer the Sioux Wars? Offer interesting characters you might meet or even hint at the MC? Then the southern part of the map is Louisiana.

Has anyone at least tried to compare or overlay this map over RDR's or GTAV just get a scale of how big it is?

Hanmik

lol

http://www.techradar.com/news/gamin...l-be-playing-in-red-dead-redemption-2-1319101

The map for Rockstar's upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2 has leaked online, and been confirmed by our own independent source.

The map was posted to NeoGaf by someone claiming to have received it from a source, before hastily pulling it down. But this being the internet, the map had already been immortalised, although many commenters questioned its legitimacy.

A source close to the development of the new Red Dead game has now confirmed to us that the map is indeed the real deal, revealing that this is a "very recent" art direction map for the upcoming title.

MMaRsu

Banned
Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-Que-02.jpg

Massa

Because it's where you'll spend possibly hundreds of hours engrossed in exploring every inch of it and experiencing AAA story and multiplayer hijinx within it... it's something to be excited about! We don't know the context of any of it yet but a preview of thematic environments and key location names is still really cool to see.

Right, but to me the map doesn't really say anything about the game, it's just a layout. Recently Far Cry Primal reused the same map as Far Cry 4 and it took weeks for people to notice, and when they did it's like... so?
Without fail it's always the first rumor to pop up with Rockstar games, it happens with every one of their games, and it doesn't seem to happen to any other game. That's what I find really curious.

You're in a forum dedicated to video games and everything about them. You're that clueless about why people care? I don't get that. That's fucking stupid.

You know, you could try not being an asshole.

Herbs

Banned
Right, but to me the map doesn't really say anything about the game, it's just a layout. Recently Far Cry Primal reused the same map as Far Cry 4 and it took weeks for people to notice, and when they did it's like... so?
Without fail it's always the first rumor to pop up with Rockstar games, it happens with every one of their games, and it doesn't seem to happen to any other game. That's what I find really curious.

You know, you could try not being an asshole.

nah, but you could try not being so stupefyingly ignorant.

Freeman76

The map looks fake as shit. The map we put together on GTAForums was more detailed than this. There are three glaringly obvious facts that this map is fake.

1) Apparently it's an early "build/Devs" map, usually used to hide the fact that it's been made by an amateur and any mistakes can be brushed off as "it's an early build bruh" excuse.

Look at the logo in the bottom left of the map, (they forgot to photoshop out the pic) it has a picture of what looks like an elk, I cannot find any similar pictures anywhere else. Oh but look, the original Tall Trees area has the elk... The excuse has to be "we can only hunt elk bru".

Also look at the red outline around the map and then look at the line just below Black Water, it's clearly been eraser tooled away... How come the rest of the map boundary outline is consistent but then miraculously goes tits up at that point? The point where this supposed new map meets a section of RDR's map? A section that has clearly been photoshopped.

The seemingly stupid mistake of a cross reference to Mafia 3 just kills any credibility for me, we didn't only just find out the name of Mafia 3's city. It was always known.

Sorry but I spent too much time on GTAForums staring at "insiders maps". There's loads of mistakes that scream fake. This guy should be banned just for not looking at the map he was "given"/ being blind.

Edit: The more I look, the more inconsistencies I see. The whole bottom right section of the map boundary is a mirror image... Rockstar getting lazy man...

You must feel a bit stupid posting all this when it looks like its real?

artsi

The map looks fake as shit. The map we put together on GTAForums was more detailed than this. There are three glaringly obvious facts that this map is fake.

1) Apparently it's an early "build/Devs" map, usually used to hide the fact that it's been made by an amateur and any mistakes can be brushed off as "it's an early build bruh" excuse.

Look at the logo in the bottom left of the map, (they forgot to photoshop out the pic) it has a picture of what looks like an elk, I cannot find any similar pictures anywhere else. Oh but look, the original Tall Trees area has the elk... The excuse has to be "we can only hunt elk bru".

Also look at the red outline around the map and then look at the line just below Black Water, it's clearly been eraser tooled away... How come the rest of the map boundary outline is consistent but then miraculously goes tits up at that point? The point where this supposed new map meets a section of RDR's map? A section that has clearly been photoshopped.

The seemingly stupid mistake of a cross reference to Mafia 3 just kills any credibility for me, we didn't only just find out the name of Mafia 3's city. It was always known.

Sorry but I spent too much time on GTAForums staring at "insiders maps". There's loads of mistakes that scream fake. This guy should be banned just for not looking at the map he was "given"/ being blind.

Edit: The more I look, the more inconsistencies I see. The whole bottom right section of the map boundary is a mirror image... Rockstar getting lazy man...

Sorry to hear that, I'd tell a mod to lock the thread and forgive you though, the map is fake as shit, the more I look the more amateur mistakes I see. Honestly dude, best to save your GAF account while you can...
Hope your Son gets better man!

It looks like the pixels fooled you this time, bruh.

I hope they show it up in the E3. 2K said they will be in E3 2016 "in a big way"...

If it's the real map, it's quite big to cross it riding a horse... I like it.

Top Bottom