• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New(?) Reggie interview?

Vieo

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061117/3/2t40v.html

"We think that's in part why the industry has become so insular -- very expensive machines, machines that arguably do more than you need them to do," Fils-Aime said.

"We took a pause to say 'We're not going to do high definition. We're not going to include a DVD because consumers already have two or three different DVD playback machines in their household. We wanted to bring it back to a core gaming machine."

"We designed it from the get-go to be profitable, so it will be past this weekend and throughout its entire life," he said "Because we're a gaming company, we have to be profitable in the gaming business. It's not like our competitors who can make profit in operating systems or TVs to offset their losses on the gaming side."

New to me. The last Sony exec. interview I read had them claiming one million in the us by the end of the year, not by March. If that's true then damn.

chase

Reggie said:
"We designed it from the get-go to be profitable, so it will be past this weekend and throughout its entire life," he said "Because we're a gaming company, we have to be profitable in the gaming business. It's not like our competitors who can make profit in operating systems or TVs to offset their losses on the gaming side."

But I have an HDTV!

_t_23074-2.jpg

He Wants Chalupas said:
New to me. The last Sony exec. interview I read had them claiming one million in the us by the end of the year, not by March. If that's true then damn.

I think it was a mistake, while at the same time actually being more accurate.

Top Bottom