• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 7 details from BiohazardFrance.net

bidguy

Banned
isnt the main goal to escape the house ? so why are the upgrade cages outside ? kind of breaking the immersion if you can step outside whenever you want

Intel_89

Revelations 2 is an improvment overall with the weaker points being lame gunplay, lesser production values than whats expected in a RE game, and a a ak soundtrack.
Those hurt the game but still totally worth a ay imo, specially if you are a fan of the series.

Was thinking earlier how strange was that Rev got a sequel, when it was supposed to be a "Code Veronica" why are the Rev games a sub series? They fit right there on the canon gameplay, REV 2 should have been called something else

I'll give it a go in the near future then, I remember reading polarizing opinions back when the episodes were released of people defending how better/worse it was when compared to the first Rev.

I hope the RE2 remake uses the same engine and looks just as good as 7

Walking around the police station will give me so much nostalgia i might faint

Haha, kinda true. Remember that it took me almost a year to complete the original RE because I could not figure out the riddle with the books close to the end. You know, the one where you had to examine the books and turn them sideways so you could open them and get the emblems.

Oh... the days before the internet... Wonder how many people actually finished their games back then.

I gave it a try once I'd arrived in the place where you find the holes for them, was pretty surprised when it actually worked though. Only played through last month and didn't use the internet, now I've looked I'd have probably waited for Barry :p
I think that compared to point and click games that came before it, there's nothing convoluted about RE's puzzles.

Izcarielo

Banned
I was following the RE7 insane puzzle paranoia thread some months ago, and liked all the (now debunked) theories that some users posted about the finger and all that.
The thing is: I want to buy this game, but I still dont know nothing about the main scenario.
Is the house of the demo the same place we will be at during the game?
Are there other scenarios? (cities, forests, castles?)

Am i the only doof that would love an actual co-op mode in this type of game? Slow paced, spooky, comfortable puzzle solving.

I loved the slow spooky moments in dying light co-op.

GrayChild

The thing is: I want to buy this game, but I still dont know nothing about the main scenario.
Is the house of the demo the same place we will be at during the game?
Are there other scenarios? (cities, forests, castles?)

The house in the demo was a much smaller version of what will be in the final game. The Bakers residence is expected to be gigantic.

In addition, some other areas as a wrecked ship, church and hospital have been semi-confirmed.

Izcarielo

Banned
The house in the demo was a much smaller version of what will be in the final game. The Bakers residence is expected to be gigantic.

In addition, some other areas as a wrecked ship, church and hospital have been semi-confirmed.

Damn, those other scenarios you mentioned sound extremely cool.
Thanks

Nemesis_

I think that everything we've seen and played thus far really works well with Capcom's new engine they've made for this game. But I do wonder if the game can look as good in the wider open / more ambitious environments that'll apparently appear later on.

isnt the main goal to escape the house ? so why are the upgrade cages outside ? kind of breaking the immersion if you can step outside whenever you want

The main goal is to find his wife, Mia, as that's what lands Ethan in the predicament at the start.

As with most RE games, things will spiral out from there that leads the player to different areas. For example, the first shop trailer lays between iirc the Dulvey Plantation house and the grounds/boat house Ethan must go to in trying to find a way out. This isn't too dissimilar from going to the grounds house in RE/REmake.

Anyone mentioned this picture?

May be spoilery, doesn't look like part of the house at least..

http://www.biohazardfrance.net/NEWS_IMAGES/RE7/2016.12.11/25.jpg

That's from Tape 3, and it's suspected that is the end-game lab area. It could also be from the ship that ran aground, which may have a connection to Revelations. I have a slight suspicion that the current biohazard is escalating due to the Bakers getting a hold of T-Abyss research from the ship, as the Moulded are so similar to the Ooze.

Nemesis_

Could that be inside a boat?

Not sure about the "spooky little girl" thing this game has going on. It's been done to death in films. I guess she's one of the family and may even be a boss? Wonder what her attack could be...

I am PRAYING that it has nothing to do with Revelations 2.

Could that be inside a boat?

Not sure about the "spooky little girl" thing this game has going on. It's been done to death in films. I guess she's one of the family and may even be a boss? Wonder what her attack could be...

The writer of FEAR is involved, so at least there's some experience behind it.

Main theory is that it's
a projection of Mia, who turns out to be related to the Bakers.

Jawmuncher

Bringing him back would be a pretty bad idea IMO.

Considering their failed attempts at bringing in new villains (capcom sure has a bad habit of introducing and killing the same game).wesker coming back as a clone wouldn't even be that bad.

Plus even though it's not his real dad, some interaction between said clone and Jake would be cool.

I personally feel like it'd be easier to just say krauser is alive and use him for some stuff. Sure he "died" in seperate ways. But I think people would buy him being alive.

That's from Tape 3, and it's suspected that is the end-game lab area. It could also be from the ship that ran aground, which may have a connection to Revelations. I have a slight suspicion that the current biohazard is escalating due to the Bakers getting a hold of T-Abyss research from the ship, as the Moulded are so similar to the Ooze.

Ah thanks, I should have seen that already,
The wonky angle suggests a ship too.

There'a another shot in that trailer of a building with a 3F sign, maybe the rumoured hospital.

Lulubop

Everything sounds amazing and I really dig that everything we've seen so far is seemingly just the tip of the iceberg

GrayChild

Considering their failed attempts at bringing in new villains (capcom sure has a bad habit of introducing and killing the same game).wesker coming back as a clone wouldn't even be that bad.

Plus even though it's not his real dad, some interaction between said clone and Jake would be cool.

I personally feel like it'd be easier to just say krauser is alive and use him for some stuff. Sure he "died" in seperate ways. But I think people would buy him being alive.

Dunno, I thought Simmons in RE6 had the potential to become interesting villain. It's just that the team has decided to kill him in just a matter or 5-6 hours after he was introduced in the overall story arc.

CAPCOM just needs to bring some fresh blood in the lore and by that I mean someone who can be around for at least 3-4 mainline games.

Dunno, I thought Simmons in RE6 had the potential to become interesting villain. It's just that the team has decided to kill him in just a matter or 5-6 hours after he was introduced in the overall story arc.

CAPCOM just needs to bring some fresh blood in the lore and by that I mean someone who can be around for at least 3-4 mainline games.

Once the Carla stuff was established, Simmons character was done. There's just nothing to come back from at that point.

Alex is a possibility, who may be very interested in the regenerative abilities of the Bakers with seemingly no problematic mutations. She'd be about 16 during the events of RE7. That would also be another Revelations related character to be involved.

when is the pc release date?

Thinking of getting it for pc since I can adjust fov and all that jazz... any benefits to getting it in console?

GrayChild

when is the pc release date?

Thinking of getting it for pc since I can adjust fov and all that jazz... any benefits to getting it in console?

The same date as the console versions - 24 January 2017.

The VR functionality is still PS4 exclusive (for 12 months I think). After that Oculus support will be added as well.

Anyone mentioned this picture?

May be spoilery, doesn't look like part of the house at least..

http://www.biohazardfrance.net/NEWS_IMAGES/RE7/2016.12.11/25.jpg

Of course Capcom can't help themselves, it's one of Resident Evil's most recurring area aside from a mansion:

boat_mock_screen.jpg

Goddamn Simmons was the fucking worst. I hate everything he stands for in the series, plus he annoyingly wouldn't leave you alone for the last quarter of Leon's campaign

It's more like you're on a larger estate, I think. So the house, where the dinner takes place... that's a relatively normal sized house, it's not a Spencer Mansion type sprawling building. So, yeah, you'll get out of there but find yourself in a larger estate with different buildings and locations, and it doesn't seem the way off the wider estate will be so clear even once you're out of the house. The swarm insect enemies mentioned in the first post are not, for instance, inside the house where the dinner takes place. This is only based on previews and the like from this one four hour chunk press played though... who knows where the game goes in the end. It could end up in entirely new locations.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The Baker Plantation is the main setting of the game, but it's not the only setting of the game. There's also the nearby locations and such.

As being discussed above, it's already basically confirmed the crashed boat is a setting in RE7, and I do hope the notes mentioning a corrupt church and a hospital means we'll get to go there during RE7. One thing that's always been fun with the RE series is its diverse locations in each entry, usually one location is used in marketing but the games actually have multiple locations. IE, RE4 mostly tried to sell itself with its village location, RE5 with its daylight Africa location, RE6 with its china location, Revelations 1 with its ship location, Revelations 2 with its prison location, Code Veronica with its Rockfort Island location, RE2 with its Police Station location, RE1 with its mansion location, RE3 with its Raccoon City streets location, RE0 with its train location, etc.

The Baker Plantation is huge, but I never really doubted it was the 'only' location in the game.

The only thing I doubt is driving a car anywhere other than from one side of the garage to another, but the previewers seem to be forbidden to talk about exactly what's happening in that scene.

Just found out about the Alyssa connection. That's amazing!

Outbreak forever! :D <3

is Outbreak canon? never played it and thought it is a spin off

It's amazing, and you should absolutely play them. Especially since they're totally canon now apparently. :)

Play them online too.

Top Bottom