• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Revelations Screenshots And Footage [And Gifs]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks good. Hopefully the gameplay's as good as the one in RE5...

Luigiv

Keikoku said:
This reminds me of RE PSP... has it been canned ?
Never existed beyond a design document and logo. Capcom USA got ahead of themselves when they let Sony show it off. Inafune hadn't even heard of it until people started asking about it in interviews.

Let's not get too excited until we see some real in game footage. There's no way the 3DS is capable of graphics like that. Just look at Kid Icarus.

Paracelsus

Cow Mengde said:
Let's not get too excited until we see some real in game footage. There's no way the 3DS is capable of graphics like that. Just look at Kid Icarus.

This is the one game where graphics are extremely good but it's the thing that matters the least.

Dascu

Cow Mengde said:
Yeah, Kid Icarus looks like a NES game for Christ's sake.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Father_Brain said:
Is the self-shadowing still there? Can't really tell from these shots or the new footage.

Hard to say, possibly no, but like most games I expect cutscenes to use additional effects with the free system resources.

The trailer we saw was 100% cutscene. This is gameplay. Looks amazing both ways.

Davey Cakes

Wait, still no actual gameplay yet?

I'm waiting.

EDIT: Okay, I made the mistake of getting confused by comments before watching the vid.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I see at least two Mercs levels copy-pasted from RE5.

edit: oh, it's a totally seperate title? Weird.

Aske said:
I'll miss it. She totally rocked that beret.
He's not referring to the beret, he's referring to the plain blue baseball cap she wore in RE5. The beret was awesome.

XPE

Not too impressed with the screeny but the gameplay vid look great, some things just need to be seen in motion

Sadist

Guess this is what Capcom has in mind with more titles in the series.

Oh lol, I meant Mercenaries ofcourse. This game is awesome.

I am really impressed by all the footage of this game. Great environments, beautiful models, nice movement... looks phenomenal.

Goron2000

best junior ever
McBradders said:
How can Chris punch a boulder on a boat? :(

DAY 1.
chris.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
John Harker said:
Jill's a brunette again, woohoo! Oh, Chris is still on steroids, boohoo.
He looks a bit more similar to his older model, actually.

Holy shit and those shitty shitty screens.

I haven't seen screens not give justice to a game to this extent since Gran Turismo PSP.:lol

Seriously the game looks fantastic in motion. Looked to sit inbetween a Wii and a 360.

kyo_daikun said:
I thought the same at first but it is jill.

But, but

I know we lose a little bit of fidelity, going from the 360/PS3 to the 3DS, but:

re2dcp9.jpg
2hdoemr.jpg

Haircut, hair color, physique, and in general, face.

When I read the thread, I first looked at the Ninty pics, said "ooh!, so they didn't ditch Sheva", then saw the various Jill posts below and got confused.

I was wondering why she's paler, but really, that's Sheva walking around in those pics. Maybe I'm really confused and they just look the same. I tried googling better comparison pics, but am failing.

Prime crotch said:
I see a brunette in blue clothing, that's Jill all the way; all she's missing his a berret

So do I in the image I linked above. But we called her Sheva in the previous game.

BTW, high five G-Fex. I'm glad someone else is seeing things straight.

Kaldea

I never thought she was Sheva at all. Jill's clothes, brown hair, voice, Chris saying Jill's name in the trailer, etc. I don't really understand the confusion.

Top Bottom