• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ridge Racer title announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So what happened with the PSP Ridge Racer? Couldn't this be it? Or was it just a tech demo?

FnordChan

0528b0455.jpg

FnordChan

BuG

Will someone please hand me a scalpel so I can scrape that image from the uppermost layer of my eyes. Please tell me that's not an official Namco model...

GigaDrive

Banned
it might be the PSP Ridge Racer, it might not be. I'm hoping this is the Ridge Racer 6 that was announced awhile back, and that PSP RR is another game.

Ridge Racer The Sixth
We know for a fact that Namco is working on the next Ridge Racer, though it's probably not titled Ridge Racer 6. Rather, it's probably entitled something much smarter, much slicker. R: Racing Evolution was a side-step for the company, an off-shoot that neither garnered much interest nor sales. We've learned that Namco is considering using the HDD for various purposes (including enabling players to download the first Ridge Racer to the PS2 with updated graphics), and that the game will return to the arcade-style mechanics it's so well known for, including bringing back the pressure sensitive control from the latter games, such as Ridge Racer 5.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/463/463539p1.html

Dujour

Banned
Those apes better make it an actual Ridge Racer game this time. I want my grooving powerslides. And I want to listen to custom music. >:O

It could be incredible if they decided to do a direct sequel to RRT4... and yes, I know Ridge Racer V exists. But I mean, a game that follows the same formula, along with team storylines, etc.
Are you a ‘similar threads’ type of poster? Or you didn’t want to make a new thread? Not complaining just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom