• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rock Band DLC for February 17th - Tenacious D and Weezer

FyreWulff

(will edit in links to the songs once they go live)

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/dis...k-of-2-17-singles-from-tenacious-d-and-weezer

After nearly a month of excruciating silence, new music will finally be coming to the Rock Band Music store for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360!

Tenacious D’s “Rize Of The Fenix,” from the 2012 record of the same name, will get you rocking again on February 17th. Joining “The D” classic will be “Back To The Shack,” a single from Weezer’s latest record, Everything Will Be Alright in the End. Both songs will be available as singles on the PlayStation®Network and the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, as well as the in-game Rock Band Music Store on both platforms.

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (February 17th, 2015):

• Tenacious D – “Rize Of The Fenix” 360 | PS3
• Weezer – “Back To The Shack” 360 | PS3

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per song

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 17th)

"That's right the feeeeeeeeeeeniiiiiiiix will f*cking raiaiiiiiiiiise agaaaaaaiiiiin" *sing*

I really like the album, or Tenacious D in general. Awesome that this game is still getting content support, really hoping that the current gen consoles get a new Rock Band/Guitar Hero!

xzeldax3

Subscription based or bust Harmonix
I doubt this will be possible due to stupid music license bullshit :( I think they might do something safe like Dance Central Spolight so the users can focus on choosing what DLC they want. But they might just go balls out and do a 130 song set list, which I would prefer. I've discovered some great songs/artists from the on disc setlists that I never heard before.

Well, gotta get both of those. I'm going to assume that the fact that they're putting out a couple of last-gen tracks mean that forward compatibility to current gen is a go for whenever they release the new Rock Band.

CloudWolf

Harmonix right now:

tumblr_njbmrd7zfO1rhbbujo1_500.gif

pacman85

Thanks for the separate thread. I wonder if we will continue to get monthly DLC until/even after? Harmonix announces a new RB game maybe at E3. I will pick up Back to the Shack for sure and checkout gameplay of Rise of the Fenix first then maybe get it.

Rize Of The Phoenix is easily the best Tenacious D song in the game so far, and one of the best overall guitar tracks in the game. The rapid strumming in the middle has a good chance of catching you off guard though, the rhythm feels really weird, yet consistent, surprised I managed to perfect it on my first try. The outro solo at the end is rad as fuck too. Bass is pretty great too! Well worth the dosh! Dug the Weezer tune, a tad simple, but the bassline gets pretty interesting at parts. First playthrough scores are below:

"Rize Of The Phoenix" By Tenacious D

Guitar
Difficulty Played: Expert
Notes Hit: 100% FC
Score: 272,545

Bass
Score: 173,240
==================================
"Back To The Shack" by Weezer

Guitar
Score: 74,795

Bass
Score: 97,775

janoDX

"Sorry guys I didn't realize that I needed you so much
I thought I'd get a new audience, I forgot that disco sucks
I ended up with nobody and I started feeling dumb
Maybe I should play the lead guitar and Pat should play the drums"

- 'Back To The Shack' by Weezer

I think this is Harmonix apologizes about abandoning Rock Band. Also Rock Band 4 is inminent I think, they're waiting for PAX East or E3.

Top Bottom