• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New round of layoffs at Kotaku

Mooreberg

I have more or less taken it for granted that gaming sites that turned into content mills about streaming shows and Marvel movies were not pulling in the views needed on the video game content. I don't know this from torturing myself with routine visits to these sites, but from the frequency with which they appear in Google results about topics nobody wants their take on. We already have enough websites stanning for whatever Disney release tanked at the box office.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Getting back to the Kotaku YT channel, they dont even put any effort into it. Take a skim of the list of videos. Almost all are under 3 minutes. A ton of them are about 2 minutes long. That's it.

I can’t find the gif I want to express my reaction.

It’s from Ruthless People. Sam Stone (Danny de Vito) has to look sad for the police, so he practices crying in his mirror but can’t help bursting into laughter.

Can anyone help me out by finding / making it for me?

ChazAshley

Gold Member
xPIpYY8.jpg

Cyberpunkd

The Kotaku YouTube channel has 350k subscribers yet their videos are barely scraping 1000 views. I'd wager the main Kotaku site doesn't get much traffic either.

Go click bait, go broke.
Frankly, I’m surprised to how little content there is on the site. I think 99% of their time is taken by making accompanying videos to their articles, probably because “lol people don’t read”.

Last edited:

CGNoire

NeoGaf: I hate partisan politics in gaming
NeoGaf: Let’s mock people for losing their jobs because I don’t like their politics

Kotaku sucks and I don’t read that site but it’s ghoulish and bad karma to be giddily mocking job losses IMO.
Yes Sherlock, Why O Why would people who "hate Partisan Politics in gaming" openly Mock those who....(checks notes) "Push the hardest for the Inclusion of Partisan Politics in Gaming"?

Are you really that Thick?

95mellow

I'm consistently glad I left working in game journalism behind as a young man; it pays in copper, you need to say the "right things", and you get sacked based on nothing. I don't know why anyone wants to get involved in that industry anymore.

There are far better ways to get paid for words.

Last edited:

SolarFry

"I fear that management has no appreciation or understanding of how vital great editing is to great writing"

From Kotaku??

Last edited:

poodaddy

NeoGaf: Let’s mock people for losing their jobs because I don’t like their politics

Kotaku sucks and I don’t read that site but it’s ghoulish and bad karma to be giddily mocking job losses IMO.
tyler the creator what GIF

.....mmmmm, na.

These people are the enemies of decent culture, and they have actively contributed to creating one of the worst cultural shifts in the history of the world with this woke shit.

So na, in this case, let the party commence people!!

Skeleton Dance Halloween GIF by Squirrel Monkey

Indeed it is

Now there is a supremely skilled person in whatever he does. One of the last standing comedians not afraid of woke bullshit and actually able to tell some offensive jokes still. (Since the whole point of humor is to offend in one way or the other) that’s why woke humor doesn’t exist, it’s like a vegan MEATball, or vegan HAMburger

Hudo

I dunno about others on here but I hate Kotaku because they hate video games and just have no class.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Holy Shit I love It :)

Honestly I suspect they'd have been successful if they'd appeared 18months-2years earlier. Those tracks would have sounded right at home in the 1981/82 UK charts. By '83 though things were going in a brighter more poppy direction as the new wave sound transformed into various different sub-genres.

1983 was a kind of watershed year, and a lot of bands were forced to change their sounds to maintain their appeal, or look overseas for success.

Top Bottom