• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ryse: Son of Rome story trailer [new footage]

Why are leaks always like that :'(

I know lol. Now as opposed to an immediate upload, I'm going to have to edit something out, because I received a phone call (caller id shows up on tv), and I don't want the number showing up.

Uploading to youtube now. And, in seemingly true fashion for a bad cell phone capture, the videos have zero sound. That's prob not a big issue for the initial footage shown though, but it would be for the xbox one commercial with live action footage that I'll upload after, which for some odd reason is entirely inverted upside down, and I don't want to occupy my friends phone for too long.

KKRT00

Well, I'd be doing this thing a massive disservice by recording it this way. My phone is damaged, and the only other alternative, I guess, would be my friend's cell phone here, which doesn't have the best camera, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

I warn you, however, the quality probably won't be anything spectacular. Bad cell phone recording of an SD broadcast seems like a recipe for disaster, but here goes lol.

Cant You just convert that DVR video to PC?

Snagged my buddies cell phone again to re-record the commercial that immediately follows that, the one with the live action material, since the original was upside down for some reason

Bout to upload.

Yea, that footage looks so damn good, and that's the standard def broadcast. I wish I would've caught it on the HD channel.

Gifs thanks to senjutsu:
iuw9iIEuEEjhu.gif

i3o2txC0FRAPp.gif

iboIQdSOvko9FE.gif

i0XQkNJirg2D6.gif

izMLyA1n2xdnQ.gif

Seems like older build than latest Story video, because Marius in beach scene has dagger on the back and helmet.

--

Still, we need someone with HD capture.

I'm starting to think that the main character is fully customizable in the SP, which is why Marius didn't have a helmet on in the story video.

I think the combat is from the old build based on the lighting.

That's a possibility, the cutscenes, however, definitely appear to be newer build. It's probably most obvious in the scene where Marius goes charging out at that bridge after collecting himself for a bit.

Also, this video really doesn't even do it justice even though it's standard def. In that gif where he goes charging towards the bridge, there's rain falling also, but it isn't as easy to see.

You did good today.

haha thx, just trying to contribute. Really would've wished it were the hd broadcast.

You could see that whole chest is moving when breathing even in Story video.

Yep, all of that stuff moves during actual gameplay, too, which is amazing.

Uploaded the commercial that immediately follows it. it's really hard to tell from this footage, it makes it look far more cg like, but Marius walking up the steps looked real-time to me. Also, I'm not sure why it's sped up this way. The commercial is slower than this. The video came out accelerated for some odd reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44dwrT4ZfdM&feature=youtu.be

The sound from the commercial is as follows.

Voice: "They say he seeks vengeance."

Different voice

"I hear he seeks the truth."

"He's coming" -female voice
"I know it" - male voice
"To save us" female voice
"To bury us" - male voice

Edit:: Seems youtube fixed the speed.

Uploaded the commercial that immediately follows it. it's really hard to tell from this footage, it makes it look far more cg like, but Marius walking up the steps looked real-time to me. Also, I'm not sure why it's sped up this way. The commercial is slower than this. The video came out accelerated for some odd reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44dwrT4ZfdM&feature=youtu.be

The sound from the commercial is as follows.

Voice: "They say he seeks vengeance."

Different voice

"I hear he seeks the truth."

"He's coming" -female voice
"I know it" - male voice
"To save us" female voice
"To bury us" - male voice

Edit:: Seems youtube fixed the speed.

Thanks, yes it seems this part is in-game.

i4eYIR2bzDhEv.gif

KKRT00

@SenjutsuSage

Whats Your DVR setup? There must be a way to copy files from DVR to PC.

============

Thanks, yes it seems this part is in-game.

i4eYIR2bzDhEv.gif

Thats a lot of characters!

--

Would love to see that CG in good quality. If its CryEngine based [like intro sequence from MP trailer] or offline CG.

SuperD77

Banned
Is the trailer up on the Xbox.com site new footage? I don't recall seeing it before. Seems to be labeled a TV spot.

Update, nope don't think its new, or at least not entire new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY9wQO7okOk

that section that we thought was in game definitely look like cg here.

Yea, it's definitely CG. It looked less CG to me on the standard def broadcast likely because I wasn't seeing it at this level of quality. It's actually making me wonder just how much more amazing that in-game footage must look In proper direct feed quality.

Haha. Perfect.

Sums up my feelings before entering certain threads perfectly. :)

cripterion

There's 0 advertising for this game so far in France. The only next gen advertising I've seen so far is for AC4, COD Ghost and BF4.

derFeef

Of course it's game, it's just not in-game.

Hhe, I am actually not sure, I mean the quality of cutscenes is nuts. I would not be surprised if it was part of a cutscene. If not - fine as well since the game looks almost identical.

edit: Okay the new video makes it more clearer now :)

Top Bottom