• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Saints Row Trailer

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What's hilarious about this is that saints row was always diverse anyway so they didn't need to change anything.

I don't get what they are trying to achieve here.
Yeah exactly, Saints Row would probably passed even strictest "woke test" on diversity, gender...

I guess it was just too much work to do reboot well... fucking Fortnite type artstyle.

Last edited:

Barakov

EnduL7l.gif

I don't think I've wanted to play as the villain so badly in my entire life.

BigBooper

Eh, the announcement trailer looks more like a Watch Dogs games. The gameplay trailer doesn't show them driving a poop truck or anything like that. Not lookin good.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
SR3 blew its' load in the first two missions and sucked afterwards. SR2 was bliss throughout. SR4 is hot garbage.
S1 and S2 are just decent San Andreas copycats. Been there done that. If I want San Andreas... I play San Andreas. SR3 was great and in SR4 I can run 100 miles, jump 100 feet in the air while dumping into a bunch of people like a earthquake, and combine that with a very nice selection of weapon . The maneuvering and abilities are excellent fun. Very few games can keep up with the batshit insane mayhem you can cause in this game.

Also it has this:

It's clear the voice actors had a blast here.

bender

What time is it?
S1 and S2 are just decent San Andreas copycats. Been there done that. If I want San Andreas... I play San Andreas. SR3 was great and in SR4 I can run 100 miles, jump 100 feet in the air while dumping into a bunch of people like a earthquake, and combine that with a very nice selection of weapon . The maneuvering and abilities are excellent fun. Very few games can keep up with the batshit insane mayhem you can cause in this game.

Also it has this:

It's clear the voice actors had a blast here.

S1 sucked. S2 leaned into the over-the-top craziness and was all the perfect blend of GTA and "batshit insane". SR3 leaned too far and fell flat on its' face. The "what I got moment" was great, as were the missions before and that's really all the game has to offer, thus blowing its' load early. Everything that came after that singalong paled in comparison to the opening missions. SR4 jumped the fuck out of that shark.

ripeavocado

Banned
The worst part is that is probably going to do well since there are plenty of zoomers happy to play the same shitty multiplayer game for thousands of hours while spending hundreds of $ on mtx.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
S2 leaned into the over-the-top craziness and was all the perfect blend of GTA and "batshit insane".
Not enough to be honest. Sure it was goofy and silly at times, but for the most part it was pretty "normal". SR3 turned the craziness up a lot and it climaxed with SR4. Compared to the later SR2 seems tame. What made SR fun in the first place was the "batshit insane" stuff, so building on top of that and creating a game that doesn't take itself serious at all was definitely they right decision in my opinion. Not only is it very enjoyable to have a game with over the top abilities, over the top characters and over the top weapons, it's also a clear way to differentiate itself from GTA.

Soodanim

I’ve only played 4, so I assumed Saints Row was a series that exists to be silly OTT fun in contrast to GTA that scaled the fun back after SA. I didn’t really pick up on forced diversity or SJW stuff, I thought that’s kind of what SR already was.

Stuart360

Dont know what they are going for with this, it looks like edgelord central.
Remember that first game?, man what times.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Dont know what they are going for with this, it looks like edgelord central.
Remember that first game?, man what times.

Saints Row 1 a generic gta clone. Saints Row 2 a little more fun while being a generic gta clone. Saints Row 3 found it's identity...

This will hopefully be a nice mix between 2&3 ,not too generic, not too over the top. Since we have to wait a decade for the next gta game.

Stuart360

Saints Row 1 a generic gta clone. Saints Row 2 a little more fun while being a generic gta clone. Saints Row 3 found it's identity...

This will hopefully be a nice mix between 2&3 ,not too generic, not too over the top. Since we have to wait a decade for the next gta game.
Saints Row 3, and especially 4, killed the franchise.
The first 2 maybe GTA clones, but they good games, not the over the top crap from 3 and 4.

WTF is this shit?

Why does every Western game these days have the same looking nerdy betas, fleurescent colour scheme and if there's a white male character he has to cover his face with a stupid mask?
He's not white he's Asian, the entire supporting cast is made up of a latin woman a black male and an asian male, the main character will likely be whatever you want him or her to be. Saints Row was always diverse and nobody complained before. The only issue I had with this game was that it seemed like there wouldn't be a created character but that's not true, we can create our character so I'm not really worried about this game anymore.

Yoboman

He's not white he's Asian, the entire supporting cast is made up of a latin woman a black male and an asian male, the main character will likely be whatever you want him or her to be. Saints Row was always diverse and nobody complained before. The only issue I had with this game was that it seemed like there wouldn't be a created character but that's not true, we can create our character so I'm not really worried about this game anymore.
Dont care if its diverse but at least characters were the types you'd expect involved in criminal activity.

This is like if you put a final fantasy character design in Yakuza

Stuart360

...they sold better though, so I don't know about "killing the franchise"
SR3 and SR4 were much more memorable.
Well to be fair, there are a lot of people who prefer the first 2, and a lot of people that prefer 3 and 4.
My problem though is even taking away the over the top zanyness of 3 and 4, i found the missions really coockie cutter compared to 1 and 2. Almost like the filler content from Ubisoft games but being main quests in 3 and 4, as oppose to 1 and 2 which had structured story mission GTA style.

And yes Agents of Mayhem happened because Saints Row sales were declining. And we all know how Agents of Mayhem ended up.

Nigel

They're not even GTA clones anymore. Rockstar doesn't make gangster games - they've made one. Volition could've struck gold by building upon the gang element that fans love. It's a void that GTA SA left that they could've filled as a successful competitor, but no, they keep on shitting the bed.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
And yes Agents of Mayhem happened because Saints Row sales were declining
I sincerely doubt this given the fact SR4 sold a million in the first week. It's likely the most successful game in the franchise if you count for all the re-releases and stand alone add-ons etc.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Not many people liking the trailer so far. Down votes are pretty high right now. Anyway added more info on the front page

LOLCats

Banned
If there's no character creation I'm out and that's tough for me to say because I like the game series but where is the fucking character creation motherfuckers?

Edit; ok there is something that says you create your own character.

also was that Rachel Maddow

Last edited:
Top Bottom