• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Saints Row Trailer

Bluecondor

I was underwhelmed by the trailer and disappointed with the characters. Reading this preview though, there are some interesting points, such as:

Saints Row Building

• As you take control of new areas in Santa Ileso you will be given opportunities to build on vacant lots.
  • You will be able to run a variety of different criminal businesses from these vacant lots.
  • These structures come with “players choice”. So when and where you build will have an impact on the world.
  • This opens new gameplay opportunities.
  • A fast food drug running ring, protection racket, auto theft, arms dealership, shady hospitals, and a totally legit laundry service were amongst some of the criminal businesses that players can build and open.
  • Districts do not restrict what you can build. The example given was building a toxic waste business in the financial district. NPCs probably won’t appreciate this.
  • As you build this empire you add more to the Saints crew.
If this building component is superficial (like in most Assassin's Creed games for example), then this will actually make the game worse. I can't stand when a game gives you the illusion that you can build up the world as you wish, but basically just drip feeds you a standard set of upgrades.

If the building choices are complex (i.e., a lot of variability in the buildings and lot improvements - both functional and cosmetic, plus some different options when you build a particular business type), then this could be a memorable game.

Chukhopops

Same shitty character design like Destruction Allstars.

At least you can create your own character. I will create a hetereo sexual woman with long blonde hair and big titties.

tBBmiam.gif
I think you mean a Body Type 2 with standard titty size due to lack of any slider to define it.

I miss the old Saints Row back in 2013 too...

9YscQn6.jpg

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Snippets from the engadget piece on the game:

TL;DR:
We gathered around a bunch of people who hated and felt offended by the previous Saints Row games and we got them to make all significant decisions about this new Saints Row game.
Reading these idiots talking about how 'attitudes have moved on', but don't worry, it will STILL be 'irreverant' reminds me of this:

rofif

Banned
Snippets from the engadget piece on the game:

TL;DR:
We gathered around a bunch of people who hated and felt offended by the previous Saints Row games and we got them to make all significant decisions about this new Saints Row game.
Oh that's horrible. Saints row was about bad gangsters, hooker and crime just because of crime. Not crime because of student loan wtf. .
They never had to justify it. They were just criminals

SJRB

Gold Member
Absolutely disgusting. There's also this gem:

Oh poor millenials, they need to steal, how else could they afford their avocado toast and soy lattes? This seems to be condoning violence and crime for the sake of "social justice".

O boy I can't wait to to escape reality for a bit by playing a videogame where millennials have crippling student debt to such a desperate degree that committing crimes seems like a worthwhile endeavor.

Last edited:

Orion2

Banned
absolutely no interest in these "whoowhwowwhoi whackyy game buy it youngsters have fun aoaoaoaoa" give me actual games, not jokey randomathon worlds

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I've never played a Saints Row game, but they really shot themselves in the foot this time. I had to pop in to say I absolutely detest those masks with the digital > : [ faces and shit and every time I see a property that utilizes them (this game, The Purge, Destruction All Stars or tf ever) I make it a point to avoid it out of spite in the hopes that the denial of my money will send a bold message to the developers or producers of said product that this is not okay, and if it becomes popularized, the media world will be consumed by edgy mixed heritage assholes in pink jumpsuits with emoji helmets for the next twenty years. You even got a FPS view of one, THE EMOJI IS RIGHT THERE IN THE GUY'S FOV. PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING AT HIM AND HE HAS A BIG : P OBSTRUCTING HIS VIEW. I don't know how much you guys know about American Midwest culture (I'm an expert) but not blinding yourself when you're getting shot at is a huge part of it. That's one sale you won't get from me, whoever-makes-these-games, Inc.

makaveli60

I've never played a Saints Row game, but they really shot themselves in the foot this time. I had to pop in to say I absolutely detest those masks with the digital > : [ faces and shit and every time I see a property that utilizes them (this game, The Purge, Destruction All Stars or tf ever) I make it a point to avoid it out of spite in the hopes that the denial of my money will send a bold message to the developers or producers of said product that this is not okay, and if it becomes popularized, the media world will be consumed by edgy mixed heritage assholes in pink jumpsuits with emoji helmets for the next twenty years. You even got a FPS view of one, THE EMOJI IS RIGHT THERE IN THE GUY'S FOV. PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING AT HIM AND HE HAS A BIG : P OBSTRUCTING HIS VIEW. I don't know how much you guys know about American Midwest culture (I'm an expert) but not blinding yourself when you're getting shot at is a huge part of it. That's one sale you won't get from me, whoever-makes-these-games, Inc.
Gets me every freaking time

Did anyone here remember Saints Row 1 multiplayer, there was a mode called Blinged Out Ride. I thought it was great fun, hilarious at times. It’s never returned , which might say something about my tastes in games....

I thought the same thing till you said that, then I went to see for myself. I think I'm going to have to leave this thread and pretend this game doesn't exist. The more I hear and see, the worse it gets.

WHO IN THE HELL THINKS SAINTS ROW GANG MEMBERS SHOULD LOVE PODCASTS AND COOKING?!? GTFO WITH THIS BS.

WTF IS GOING ON????
They're trying to make a woke statement by swapping stereotypical gender roles. Don't be surprised if she is bossing these dudes around and having them make her sandwiches and shit.

What if... What if this is a massive swerve? What if the original Saints show up and squash these posers?

I can dream can't I?
"These wankers think they can use the name of the Saints? They takin' the piss or what? Don't they know I have It trademarked?

Gat, Shaundi, smoke these bloody idiots"

"Thought you'd never ask, Boss"

They do this now and man, I'm in for the Collector's Edition.

(Yes, I always use the Robin Atkin Downes voice)

Last edited:

elliot5

Y'all realize the black chick boss is just the default PC, and you can customize it to be a gruff white guy? It'll be okay.

How the fuck did this happen

Because just like all awards where "everyone votes" the winner was chosen well before the show even ran. It usually goes unnoticed because the chosen winner is feasible but in this case looking across all media where the vote is visible like Youtube, the game is not being very well received.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Because just like all awards where "everyone votes" the winner was chosen well before the show even ran. It usually goes unnoticed because the chosen winner is feasible but in this case looking across all media where the vote is visible like Youtube, the game is not being very well received.
People can't vote in the Gamescom awards. Their own jury picks the nominees and the winners.

Only "best streamer" and "most anticipated game" are open for public votes. Shit is patronizing. lmao

Top Bottom