• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Samsung screen designed for VR has 10x the resolution of the Quest 2

Romulus

Pretty insane because Quest 2 is very high resolution.

Samsung Electronics and Stamford Researchers just created a display for VR and AR, able to reach over 10,000 ppi (pixels per Inch) to 20,000 PPI, to completely forget about Screen Door Effect and being able to get immersed completely in our VR experience! This Super High-Resolution OLED display is made directly for VR Headsets or Virtual Reality Contact Lenses. Is this the future of VR? Let's discover it together in this video!

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Wow, this one was hidden, if this comes to reality in the next few years it will break open VR in a new way.

Tranquil

Interesting, once they can adopt a version that's wireless and comfortable I'm all in. Don't like feeling like I'm part of a borg collective.

0IYlMDA.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Good luck driving that screen with a mobile chip? Unless this is for PC VR I guess. But still, seems like a lot of pixels.

McCheese

The quest 2 resolution is nice but VR is hampered by other aspects of the optics, you'll see diminishing returns with pure resolution increases due to lens distortion and god rays still smudging everything outside of the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom