• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screenshots and artwork from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

GrayChild

hHQ63Mq.jpg

MFq8Vmg.jpg

EPFOMbl.jpg

WAg1suo.jpg

TNNcWZS.jpg

5IZVi0L.jpg

Ribi

Pretty. I always found it funny that people were surprised that this game was revived when in I think 2012 GSC announced they had reopened the studio over Christmas break and were working on stalker 2. Then people were shocked when they saw an announcement trailer a few years later like it came out of no where lol

I honestly can't wait to see what happens with this game. I'm eagerly awaiting its release. I've been a fan of the stalker series since far before the first game's launch in 2007. Even had a beta build around 2002 I believe where it was this beautiful huge map with some factory building alongside a road lined with trees and it was raining. I remember being blown away at how the particles were handled for the rain. Individual drops that collided with the map and left little puddle splashes. If you went under some cover, the sound of the rain would lessen and no rain would go through ceilings. It was just so ambitious and incredible at the time. I don't think there's anything else out there quite like this series. It says fuck you I'm doing this shit my way and I love it.

Tschumi

this is the only reason i'm hesitating before selling my XSS.. well this and the possibility that starfield and tes 6 will be good, and will look good on XSS

Will be surprised if the game actually looks like that.
yeah that last one in particular looks like a bad photomontage... could well be real though i guess, just with wacky lighting

Last edited:

Sophist

The first s.t.a.l.k.e.r. games were already good at using photos as textures; they take photo of actual houses, walls, trees, chairs, ... then rebuild the objects in 3d and paste the photos on them. The games felt "authentic" because they actually went to
Chernobyl to take many photos for the textures.
stalker37zkca.jpeg

screenshot.s-t-a-l-k-u6ke2.jpg

Last edited:

BigBooper

That pistol looks weird. Gorgeous looking game. Do we know if it will have the same open zones as the old games?

It wont look like that when playing 100%, they just increased the foliage distance to the max, so that first screenshot prolly runs on a high end pc at sub 30 or less. When will you ppl ever learn marketing?

Last edited:

Honey Bunny

Hello Stalker fans, what should I play in the series? What is the absolute best Stalker experience? I do not have infinite time so please don't tell me to play through the whole thing chronologically and then with mods k thx.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Looks good, but not holding my breath. So many good looking games have turned out to be a major disappointment.

Top Bottom