• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New solar storm warning, could possibly nuke your internet.

FeralEcho

It's strange how little talk there is about safeguards against this sort of thing. This is the first time in human history that solar storms could collapse countries due to us being so dependent upon technology. In my country there is a push towards cashless society and no talk about what we'd do if there's a long blackout.

Just a few decades back it was the norm to make orders for your store with paper and pen, but now with computerized just-in-time deliveries I don't know how much a crash course for youngsters in manual ordering would help. Heck, some young people can even barely write without a keyboard.

But I guess the disaster needs to come first with the consequences and afterwards people will start talking about future preparations.
As always with this shitstain race called humanity, it's always disaster first and preparations long after if at all. We never learn shit no matter how many disasters happen to us which is why eventually we'll go extinct and it'll be our own doing.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
season 7 eating GIF

Top Bottom